PDA

View Full Version : sheep hunting by Holmes River

Peace Country
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Has any body hunted this area north of MT Robsin park for sheep before any thoughts on this area. Holmes river and sheep creek area.

30-378-magnum
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
ya i pulled out six last year from there....SERIOUSLY i dont know where that is

Mtn Wonderer
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
The was a magazine article a while back about a couple guys that did well north of holmes river, near the Kakwa rec area,they entered BC from the alberta side thou, maybe BC outdoors had the article I can't remember.
I can't see why there shouldn't be sheep south of there as well. Truth is in the looking.

PGK
03-25-2009, 01:29 AM
7-19 is the only MU up there open for sheep I believe. I am not 100% sure of where the southern boundary of it is, but I think it's quite a bit north of the Holmes...The sheep are there, mostly they are Alberta sheep from Willmore, and not very many of them. I'd love to know more if anyone knows.....hiking in from the Alberta side has always appealed to me!

BCrams
03-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Holmes River / Sheep Creek is pretty much all in 7-03 and closed to sheep hunting.

Sheep is open in 7-18 and 7-19.

bridger
03-25-2009, 10:26 AM
they that general area the valley of the little bighorn due to the overall smallish size of the rams found there.

pickaspot
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
As much as nobody wants to share their "secrect" spot, truth is you could probably tell 100 hunters who claim the want to go on a sheep hunt and I would be surprised if more than a handful ever went... and even less who lasted more than a day and hiked all the miles in. Sitting on the internet being a seagull sure doesnt put animals on the ground, you still have to hike, camp, spot, make the shot, pack out etc. etc. Just my opinion.

leadpillproductions
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Hmmm 7 posts, now asking for coveted sheep hunting info??

PM not sent.
bud i have noticed every time some ask for hunt info you really dont have much to offer but there is alway negitive answers the site is hear for help info ect ther is nothin wrong with some one askin questions . hey its just my two cent keep up the great replies lol

elkdom
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
7-19 is the only MU up there open for sheep I believe. I am not 100% sure of where the southern boundary of it is, but I think it's quite a bit north of the Holmes...The sheep are there, mostly they are Alberta sheep from Willmore, and not very many of them. I'd love to know more if anyone knows.....hiking in from the Alberta side has always appealed to me!

there is lots of road access to 7-19, VIA roads from BC and ALBERTA, deer,moose, elk, caribou, Blk bear, Gr bear,sheep,and goats:-)

willy442
03-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Has any body hunted this area north of MT Robsin park for sheep before any thoughts on this area. Holmes river and sheep creek area.

Actually the head waters of both the Narraway and Kakwa have a fair number of Sheep. Like Bridger said the Rams are known for thier smaller size. These are the area's that I work in everyday building gas facilities. If you want road access info pm me and I will send you our detailed company access maps.

BCrams
03-25-2009, 05:04 PM
I have to say I'm curious about the bighorns in MU 7-03. Are there huntable ram groups similar to 7-18 / 7-19? After all, there was a wayward bighorn ewe beside the highway at the Holmes River bridge a few minutes from McBride a year ago.

PGK
03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I have to say I'm curious about the bighorns in MU 7-03. Are there huntable ram groups similar to 7-18 / 7-19? After all, there was a wayward bighorn ewe beside the highway at the Holmes River bridge a few minutes from McBride a year ago.

You tell us. I saw a small bighorn ram in the middle of the Holmes road at about km30 two springs ago... :?::?::?: I don't hear the 7-03K goat hunters piping up in here...

Peace Country
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank Guys for the information I appreciate this alot.
Budismyhorse if you deem that I am a seagull looking for a free meal by trying to learn alittle bit more about an area thats your choice. I was raised in a hunting family, so was my wife, and our children and we believe in sharing and teaching people the sport. I take my hunting very seriously, and the greatest joy we, my wife and I, gain is in helping people to succeed. We can accept your philosophy, but respectfully request that you do not pass judgement on what you do not know. I have successfully hunted 3 sheep in the Yukon and I would like to hunt sheep in BC. I am very aware of what is involved and sharing information with like minded people is how we all learn and grow.

HD95
03-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't care how many posts per se, but getting a profile and asking for info blatently is the easy way IMO, and sheep hunting shouldn't be easy.

Normally, you get information from people you have PROVEN an interest to, built up a relationship of trust and understanding that you aren't going to just blather the info to everyone you know......or you can troll internet sites in the hopes that people like yourself will just hand over info.

You have your method I have mine. Just trying to keep this site from being a "seagull" research destination. Swoop in, get what you want then FO.

I'm a traditionalist....you represent the downfall of traditional sheep hunting.Geez,Bud.I'm gonna have to call you on this.You pm'd myself and my hunting partner trolling for information about wokpash.We did not give you any high and mighty attitude.we gave you the real goods,and asked for nothing in return.So perhaps when someone asks a legitimate question,you might consider treating them the same way you'd like to be treated.

budismyhorse
03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

yeah I guess I did.....through PM, not for the world to see. which is my point. I saw you hunted the place and asked what you though of it for an old man hunt for my father....pretty tame ..... and hey I appreciated it, Rand especially. ......a couple of PMs accounted for about 1% of the time I have spent researching sheep spots.

You could sink a ship with the amount of info I've given out over the years...like I said before, the point of this site mainly for info sharing so I am recinding, I even said I'll shut up.

leadpillproductions
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
ha ha thats way to funny i guess pm is the way to go hahahahahah lolololololo