PDA

View Full Version : Folding & Terminus Mountain Outfitters

msawyer
03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Hello all...

Can anyone provide any information about Folding & Terminus Mountain Outfitters run by Dale and Sandra Drinkall. Are they good outfitters?

Best regards

Mike

________
weed bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

Stone Sheep Steve
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Hello all...

Can anyone provide any information about Folding & Terminus Mountain Outfitters run by Dale and Sandra Drinkall. Are they good outfitters?

Best regards

Mike

They produce some great rams for their clients..........................at the expense of residents.....IMO...and the opinion of "many" others.:neutral:

SSS

daycort
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
can't wait for some peoples comments on this one. I heard lots of good stuff from people that have worked for them and some bad stuff from residents run ins with Dale himself.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
can't wait for some peoples comments on this one. I heard lots of good stuff from people that have worked for them and some bad stuff from residents run ins with Dale himself.

And I've heard some bad stuff from guys that have worked for him...even though they were treated well.

SSS

SHACK
03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Im just going to shut up, and try not to boil over

BCrams
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Drinkall personally used his cub to buzz right over my head and proceed to spook a band of rams I was watching ....

Deadshot
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
What calibre takes down a cub, or is it more shot placement.

leadpillproductions
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
he also buzzed me he is a real peice of work

Maxx
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
With all the guys that have been buzzed, I am surprised that no one has shot at him. I know what I would do if he buzzed me.....

BCrams
03-23-2009, 07:48 PM
With all the guys that have been buzzed, I am surprised that no one has shot at him. I know what I would do if he buzzed me.....

He was pretty brazen. Buzzed me from behind right on top of me then banked into the basin .... circled around several times till the rams left ...... at one point he even flew at eyeball level straight towards me as I stood there with my arms up in a "what the ......" gesture before banking left back into the basin and out the drainage ....he knew what he was doing.

Definatly wished I had a video camera.

mcrae
03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
He was pretty brazen. Buzzed me from behind right on top of me then banked into the basin .... circled around several times till the rams left ...... at one point he even flew at eyeball level straight towards me before banking left back into the basin ....he knew what he was doing.

Definatly wished I had a video camera.

I know its probably pissing in the wind but has anybody called and reported him to the CO's? If he is deliberately impeding your hunt he is breaking the law...

One Shot
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Why doesn't someone report him to the canadian avaition authorities. It is not also an offence up here to interfere with a legal hunt? I also believe that it is an offence to harass or scout out wildlife with a plane. There must be some law in regards to flying below minimum elavation above ground and buzzing people. I would have to say that he must be good on at least one if not two offences. Take pictures and video and send them in to the appropriate authorities and see what happens.

BCrams
03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
I know its probably pissing in the wind but has anybody called and reported him to the CO's? If he is deliberately impeding your hunt he is breaking the law...

It was a while ago but essentially the only way you'll ever pin anything is to have video evidence ....otherwise its his word against yours.

leadpillproductions
03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
well i will be up there this fall and i will get video of him this year if he does it to me again

Gateholio
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I would like to think with the amount of hunters carrying video cameras these days, that these sort of shenanigans should come to a halt.

An outfitter takes a great risk engaging in in this sort of behaviour, whether it be in a plane or on a trail or at someones camp. Hidden trailcams and video cameras are everywhere these days.

Add in the internet and how fast news travels, it's a wonder anybody resorts to stuff like this at all- Not to mention that hunters come from all walks of life, you never know what someone does for a living, or what sort of connections they have.........

358mag
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
all airplanes have transport canada reg ## on them did anyone write them down and make a phone call to the local RCMP that what is going to take to stop jerks like him from buzzing resident hunters

rollingrock
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Sounds unreal...that's why you should bring a SKS and some Czek surplus 'armor piercing' FMJ rounds with you. F***ing unreal. :evil:

houndogger
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
[quote=RiverBoatFantasy;433189]Well I'll come to his defence. I bought gas from him one time, chummed with one of his guides who was a real good guy and banged his cook.

Holy broke back mountain:shock:

Manglinmike
03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
you don't need fmj on a cub there made from old flannel shirts

ultramagbob
03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Well I'll come to his defence. I bought gas from him one time, chummed with one of his guides who was a real good guy and banged his cook.

Had a shower at his camp and a great visit with the Merican hunters.

LOL Awsome.Nothing like fresh "Pie" up the Kechika

elkdom
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Well I'll come to his defence. I bought gas from him one time, chummed with one of his guides who was a real good guy and banged his cook.

YOU banged "STINKEE BILL" ???? :redface: :oops: :shock:eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhh!!

leadpillproductions
03-23-2009, 09:01 PM
hope it was a girl cook

lip_ripper00
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
I wuz intoxicated on homemade wine at the time!

aaahhhh I see this makes it better?:)

ultramagbob
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
aaahhhh I see this makes it better?:)

dont judge,,Im sure your were young and "Experimented"

bridger
03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
if you are a non resident drinkalll is a great outfitter. If you want to see how any outfitter feels about resident sheep hunters go into their area, get a ram and ride through one of their camps. as far as the airpane buzzing goes he and a lot of other outfitters are famous for it. even if you get videos they have to be very specific as the outfitter is always looking for horses or moving hunters etc. anyway those are some of the excuses the co's have accepted when I have reported them. the best way to get even is to kill a big ram and post it on the internet and tell everyone which outfitters area it came out of. years ago one of the outfitters was giving local residents a hassle so the next year 10 of them with about 20 horses went into his area rode through his main camp and killed five rams. He got the message.

Maxx
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM

Were you pitching or catching? Is Bill that irresistible, WOW!

Maxx
03-24-2009, 07:30 AM
dont judge,,Im sure your were young and "Experimented"

Bobbie- you are the best!!

bigwhiteys
03-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Much better than reading posts from big mouths who say they are going to shoot at a plane. No you wont, so dont talk dumb.

Yes, attempted murder charges would be an awesome way to end any sheep hunt! The minute he landed the RCMP would be enroute.

the best way to get even is to kill a big ram and post it on the internet and tell everyone which outfitters area it came out of.

Take it to his camp, and ask if they can help you cape it....

Years ago one of the outfitters was giving local residents a hassle so the next year 10 of them with about 20 horses went into his area rode through his main camp and killed five rams. He got the message.

My dad trailed into an area and killed 4 rams over 40", accepted the FNAWS awards right in front of the outfitter, who was obviously quite impressed.

Carl

ultramagbob
03-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Bobbie- you are the best!!

Liprippers Moustache leaves alot of unanswered questions??

mark
03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
the best way to get even is to kill a big ram and post it on the internet and tell everyone which outfitters area it came out of. years ago one of the outfitters was giving local residents a hassle so the next year 10 of them with about 20 horses went into his area rode through his main camp and killed five rams. He got the message.

I like this logic myself! better to meet them, discuss where each other is going to hunt, try to work with each other rather than against. If they dont show you mutual respect, tell them your going to spray their name with shit on the net, as well bring in 20 guys next year!!!

bigwhiteys
03-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I like this logic myself! better to meet them, discuss where each other is going to hunt, try to work with each other rather than against.

I have taken this approach before and it works well... Most people appreciate it when someone shows them a little respect wether it's deserved or not.

Carl

budismyhorse
03-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I knew this thread was going to be awesome. Several memorable posts so far...

My opinion is that you never know what you are going to get when you meet a G/O in the bush. I usually am as nice as possible and the guide's gruff exterior normally fades within a few minutes then you can have a normal conversation....

Though I've never been buzzed by a plane either.....to me that is nuts.

d6dan
03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I wonder if Dale is related to Gary Drinkall?. cause they sound about the same..

SHACK
03-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Well I tried the "nice" aproach with a GO and his client as they rode thier horses through my base camp, and was given the "well I have a client and $ to make" speech as he proptly road up the ridgeline to hunt the rather small area I had been glassing all morning. Earlier, before the hike I bumped into three fellas from PG that were great, we had a beer, discussed how we would stay out of each others way, and carried on with no problems...great guys.
The GO was a complete piece of work, as soon as he had made his way above us to start glassing, we loaded up and hiked right up the ridge past him....I think he got the hint, as he was gone a short time later, and did not return.
10 hour hike, on the mountain two days early, and opening morning you get some bone head that does not even want to try and work together to keep things civil....well F&*K em. If I did not give birth to people on the river with my clients it wouldn't take long for alot of people to be talking trash about me, or worse my clients seeing that I was some sort of Jack a$$!

GoatGuy
03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
My opinion is that you never know what you are going to get when you meet a G/O in the bush. I usually am as nice as possible and the guide's gruff exterior normally fades within a few minutes then you can have a normal conversation....

Though I've never been buzzed by a plane either.....to me that is nuts.

We usually get along with the guys too but we've had some experiences over the years as well.

Couple years ago we biked into a couple a spot with a couple of slides for grizz. There was a big boar in the area that we had seen the year before and the outfitter had also seen him. On the way in we ran into one guide with a client. The we ran into another guide and client and had a good chat - he's a pretty good guy. They were going to cover another spot, looking for the big guy. We kept on heading in to another slide we wanted to sit on. After a couple minutes a sow crossed the slide - things were looking good.

Then the old man came by and proceeded to sit right behind us - like a couple of feet away. Didn't say a word, just sat right behind us with his client. Seemed a little ignorant to me, but that's the way the guy is. In a foot race we would have dominated but we weren't too anxious to hang around and hunt in a small area with 3 guides and 3 clients so we moved into another part of his area and killed a bear.

Hindsight being 20:20 I don't know what I would have done differently. Do what ya gotta do I guess.

steveo32
03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
To answer a question gary is dale's younger brother, there both outfitters and that should say enough about them

budismyhorse
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
obviously this is bordering on a hijack, but if we opened up a thread specific to stories about how G/Os have wronged residents and how residents have wronged G/Os it would be 45 pages long, have 1000 posts:

95% would be exageration,
5% would be truth,
15 people would get "referals"
Mr. Dean would say everyone is being emotional,
GoatGuy would start talking in Haiku,
Willy42 would resort to name calling,
BigWhiteys would come to his defence,
Gatehouse would threaten to shut the thread down several times and then do it.

and in the end, nothing would change in the bush.......

But it would be a gas read!!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
obviously this is bordering on a hijack, but if we opened up a thread specific to stories about how G/Os have wronged residents and how residents have wronged G/Os it would be 45 pages long, have 1000 posts:

5% would be truth,

Now that's an accurate post!!:lol::lol:

SSS

PGK
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM

5% would be truth,

This is the most awesome post I have ever read on this site, and I have been around a while

:lol:

GoatGuy
03-24-2009, 12:40 PM

5% would be truth,

I was never much good at poetry in school and I don't know Japanese.

budismyhorse
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I was never much good at poetry in school and I don't know Japanese.
;););););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

bridger
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I like this logic myself! better to meet them, discuss where each other is going to hunt, try to work with each other rather than against. If they dont show you mutual respect, tell them your going to spray their name with shit on the net, as well bring in 20 guys next year!!!

that works in theory and perhaps with some outfitters. never has worked for me. each time i told an outfitter where was going and assistant guide and hunter were there waiting for me. However, I am a little more famaliar with the hot sheep spots in 7b than a lot of hunters

hunter7413
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
hey bridger just wondering if you still put out anymore hunting articles in your paper.haven't seen any for awhile

eastkoot
03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Met Mr. Drinkall when loading jetboat to go up the Toad.. He told me he knew me and that if I stayed away from where he had his clients as I did in previous years we would get along just fine.. Wasn't even my boat just said Hi and ignored the guy..Kinda expected flat tires as we left 2 pickups at the launch site at Toad..To this day don't know what that meant as up to then I had never met him, he may have mistaken me for someone else.. Hard to stay out of his way as he had camps before the big lick and guides running all over the area. And yes, the plane is out every morning and every evening, checking things out. He also runs the Toad daily in his boat to see who is at the lick or has gone up further towards or past his camp..On a side note, if elk is your thing, right behind his house on south side of highway past the Racing River bridge turn left, the elk frequent the fields.. Not his territory if I remember right although he lives in the log house there!!!

Fisher-Dude
03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
GoatGuy would start talking in Haiku

I love cowboy boots
But I just bought velcro hikers
I'm too cheap to buy horses.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Redneckshopper.jpg

GoatGuy
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I love cowboy boots
But I just bought velcro hikers
I'm too cheap to buy horses.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Redneckshopper.jpg

You don't need a pack - you've got a 4 door.:razz:

willy442
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM

5% would be truth,

All a thread like this does is give SSS and BC Rams an excuse for another "somebody done me wrong song" about sheep hunting!:lol:

Gateholio
03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm going to lock this thread if it turns into a slag fest!
:cool::lol::wink:

Kody94
03-25-2009, 06:51 PM

5% would be truth,

Hahahahahaaa..... post of the year so far!

Cheers!

yukon john
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
One thing I would like to mention is that when you get buzzed its not always a GO yes some outfitters do buzz ressies but while guiding I have been buzzed by miners (accidentally) resident hunters (on purpose) and COs doing game counts. The old days of hard ass outfitters are ending and most outfitters are pretty good guys who are willing to try to stay out of your way if you will stay out of theirs. That said I hate residents while I am guiding and I hate @#$% outfitters when I am hunting

bridger
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
One thing I would like to mention is that when you get buzzed its not always a GO yes some outfitters do buzz ressies but while guiding I have been buzzed by miners (accidentally) resident hunters (on purpose) and COs doing game counts. The old days of hard ass outfitters are ending and most outfitters are pretty good guys who are willing to try to stay out of your way if you will stay out of theirs. That said I hate residents while I am guiding and I hate @#$% outfitters when I am hunting

just wondering do you guide in bc or the yukon or both?