PDA

View Full Version : More great bear rain forest stuff

olharley guy
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Global is doing more on the great bear rain forest 6 pm news tonight

Steeleco
03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I saw that tonight, they were saying it's near the end of the three year deal that would see the area protected. The Greenpeace twit was worried that if the Libs get voted out that the deal would die and 10 years of "hard work" would come to an end.

She obviously doesn't remember much about BC politics and what the previous regime tried to do with respect to bears.

Why is it they nearly always interview the "pseudo intelligent"???

338 winmag
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Another Green Peace welfare bum , shes probably the smartest one too.

TIKA 300
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Another Green Peace welfare bum , shes probably the smartest one too.

Compared to the bear.....:eek: :biggrin:

kyleklassen
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
10 years of hard work..... ya i'll bet they were givin'er' .....probably puppies galore in victoria.

338 winmag
03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
With all the street work and drugs i would probably see a great bear rain forest as well , must be hell of a party.

180grainer
03-20-2009, 08:22 PM
The News media will always cycle this story every so often. It's emotional on both sides and gets people viewing. Can anyone name the top seven endangered wild species in BC?

oldtimer
03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
The News media will always cycle this story every so often. It's emotional on both sides and gets people viewing. Can anyone name the top seven endangered wild species in BC?

Well the top one is the White anglo Saxon Male.:cool: Mike

killman
03-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Well the top one is the White anglo Saxon Male.:cool: Mike

You forgot straight.:cool:

Machinist
03-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Where is this great bear rain Forest ?? and what is a spirit bear ?? or that just protester language ??8-)

Global is doing more on the great bear rain forest 6 pm news tonight

jessbennett
03-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Where is this great bear rain Forest ?? and what is a spirit bear ?? or that just protester language ??8-)

answers to your question..... the great bear "rainforest" is a stretch of land that the bunny huggers and natives have named.
and a "spirit bear" is a white black bear that has a recessive gene causing it to be white. so.... its a white black bear........ but its "spiritual"....:roll:

Singleshotneeded
03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
:D Hey Machinist,Yeah this G.B. Rainforest is the central B.C. coast, and the spirit bear is an albino black bear, so named by indians and tree boinkers. I saw one once at the Kitimat dump, spiritually grubbing through the garbage for food...my first thought was does this J.D. ever have a kick to it!:lol:

mcrae
03-21-2009, 07:36 AM
:D Hey Machinist,Yeah this G.B. Rainforest is the central B.C. coast, and the spirit bear is an albino black bear, so named by indians and tree boinkers. I saw one once at the Kitimat dump, spiritually grubbing through the garbage for food...my first thought was does this J.D. ever have a kick to it!:lol:

The spirit bear is not actually an albino, no pink freaky eyes:tongue:(no offense intended to any of our albino HBC members with pink freaky eyes:smile:)...

Its a recessive gene that causes the coloration.

RiverOtter
03-21-2009, 10:55 AM
The white bear is already protected, I'd say more than enough has been done already.....

Machinist
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Is this the BEAR they are talking about ???? I see them all over the place in the wilderness of Downtown Vancouver :-P
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk163/Machinist_2008/313616-105397.jpg

RustyRipper
03-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't forget the glacier bear! the bluish white version of the kermode (spirit bear), it's sacred too I hear

field marshal
03-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Wow,the G.B.R.F. must be close to Tomorrow Land or maybe Fantasy Land or even Never, Never Land???
What a great opportunity for my grandchildren to start boat tours to
this magical place???
I bet all the Lepricauns sitting on Toad Stools would be a feature attraction??????
Cheers, Field Marshal.

mcrae
03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow,the G.B.R.F. must be close to Tomorrow Land or maybe Fantasy Land or even Never, Never Land???
What a great opportunity for my grandchildren to start boat tours to
this magical place???
I bet all the Lepricauns sitting on Toad Stools would be a feature attraction??????
Cheers, Field Marshal.

I wonder maybe Michael Jackson lives there too:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:... He has sleep overs with all the spirit bears:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ElkMasterC
03-21-2009, 04:14 PM
"Spirit bear" gets more "bunny hugger" (Tm) dollars (OMG, have I actually coined a phrase that stuck? lol) than Kermode or Blue Phase Bear.
Great bear Rainforest gets more Patchouli wearing dirty hippie Birkenstock buying grubby welfare dollars than "Pacific temperate rain Forest".

These people are wayyyy better than us at marketing.
We really have to catch up.

goatdancer
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
These are terms coined by some PR agency in the States. You know, the same agencies that make up fancy, catchy phrases for all the other crap the try to peddle with advertising. 'You can fool some of the people all of the time' ..........

338 winmag
03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
What do u have to smoke to see this great bear spirit thing ? with my luck i would probably see the great pumpkin instead.