PDA

View Full Version : Banning Grizzle Bear Hunt

kayjayess
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Did anyone see the piece on Global BC last night? I just flicked on the late night news and I hear Jill Cropp saying - "Warning the following video is disturbing to most viewers, blah, blah, blah", which caught my attention. Then followed a video of 3 hunters absolutely opening fire on a big Grizz out on a sand bar. I bet you they shot the thing 6 or 7 times in 20 seconds and then it ran off - looked likely mostly in the @ss and guts, at least some of the shots were off the mark. It looked like something out of a war movie.

It was embarrassing as I sat there with my 2 young boys who I am trying to get pumped about bear hunting. Anyway, the greenies won one last night with that article. Now they have the First Nations on there side. I am scared to see where this goes.

Here is a link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090318.wbcbear18/BNStory/National/home

hunter1947
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
It is hunters like this that give us real hunters a bad name http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif ,or should I call them hunter..

boxhitch
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Very important issue
Everyone should start a thread about it......

stanway
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Let's fast-forward into the future...

What are they going to do when one of the 'eco-tourists' gets mauled and killed by a grizzly? You can bet the media will report on it.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Let's fast-forward into the future...

What are they going to do when one of the 'eco-tourists' gets mauled and killed by a grizzly? You can bet the media will report on it.

They won't even get out of their boats:roll:.

SSS

RustyRipper
03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I would like to know how they got that footage. What "hunter" would ever voluntarily give that to support the anti cause? Or perhaps the guide? but that would be bad for business. Perhaps someone making the film is an undercover anti? There has got to be a legal discrepancy here. Either way it was bad, and I'm sure it went to a lot of people's hearts, poor bear etc. etc. and makes us all look bad. What a mess

03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
They probably got it off you tube. Tons of guys posting their vids, some good, some really embarising ones that shouln't even be posted. Totaly helping the greenies cause.

goatdancer
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Are they sure the vid was taken in BC? It behooves the media to supply the people with the facts about the vid.

Mr. Dean
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I gave them my 2 cents worth in their comments section....

Didn't see a vid, just written article.

PGK
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Lots of hunters are like that.....lots of hunters from this site are like that. I don't like them any more than the next guy. But we're stuck with them

kayjayess
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Here is the link to what was on last night:
http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/bc/video/index.html

Click on HEADLINES and then the second video: Trophy Hunting. Just a heads up that after a day this link will likely disappear when they update the new stories.

Mr. Dean
03-18-2009, 02:36 PM
No big deal.... They got the Bear and that's what counts. (if this is the same story I watched last night).

That's hunting...

Fallkniven
03-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Kayjayess,
thanks for the heads up, put in my comments to global again.The bias in that broadcast is unbelieveable.
Paul

bruin
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
"The reality is it's not about numbers. From our perspective, it's just not in tune with our culture."

Last line of the article

mwj
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
my wife(who is not totally sold on hunting) and i watched that news clip last night and her first reaction was "boy that doesn't look good for you guys"(she was referring to us hunters). but after the "bear clip" the news showed some harvest stats on various game animals. they were such a low percentage that she was surprised . ithe stats changed her whole view of the news clip so maybe other non-hunters saw that too.

Buck
03-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I had guys at work come up to me shocked by the video .I never saw it but i tried to put it in perpective and pointed out who made it and that seemed to help.Still the general non hunting public has a hard time with this stuff.So use your discretion when sharing your hunts.

Ciskman
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Very important issue
Everyone should start a thread about it......

.........:lol::lol:

mcrae
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I had guys at work come up to me shocked by the video .I never saw it but i tried to put it in perpective and pointed out who made it and that seemed to help.Still the general non hunting public has a hard time with this stuff.So use your discretion when sharing your hunts.

Its true at work today I was asked by my staff what I thought about it. I am the only hunter at my work place so I had to say something. The general consensus at my work place is that trophy hunting is bad but hunting for food is good...I would say most where pulled back to the our side when I pulled up the harvest stats on the computer and showed them the real numbers with out using the words "slaughter", etc...

I tried to explain there is really no diffrence if you ban "trophy" hunting for bears you give the anti's a foot hold to ban everything they don't like...

How do you explain to someone that doesn't hunt the absolute passion that comes with being a hunter...

I love to bear hunt its my favorite hunting by far so this latest attack pisses me off....

I watched the video I didn't really think it was that bad. Wanna see some scary stuff watch Discovery channel. I just finished watching the Planet Earth series on DVD and they have a section with a pride of lions pulling down a young elephant. We should post that up and see if it illicits a response. It was a pretty awesome to watch but must of been a horrible way to go out....Nature ain't pretty sometimes. I am willing to bet most of those people leaving comments on the CBC board like " all sport hunters should be killed" have never strayed to far from the condo. A nature walk for them is strolling the sea wall at Stanley Park:roll:...

Lets relocate a couple of grizzly to Stanley Park and see if the views on bear management change:biggrin:..