PDA

View Full Version : Makes me sick!

Tank
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090318.BCBEAR18/TPStory/TPNational/BritishColumbia/

I don't even know where to begin on this one!! scary thing is that most of the voters in the province will believe this crap!!!!

Fallkniven
03-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi tank,
i have just written a letter to the editor to complain. If you want to do this, just click on the 'letter to the editor' at the bottom of the article and fill in the boxes. Don't know if it will do any good, but that article is so biased, not one comment from a hunter or guide or hunters association, yet several from the 'conservationists', that article is obviously engineered to put their point of view and no-one elses!
Paul

03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
what to the natives call it when they harvest an animal? When the bear hunters harvest a bear its a slaughter. What about all the deer and moose the natives harverst as well. Nothing more than political BS!

Tank
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
One of the highlights of this article includes the mention all of the female bears that are shot in the spring that are "potentially pregnant with spirit bears"......good grief.

Steeleco
03-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Read some of the other threads posted in the last two days on this same topic.
It's plain to see the papers are looking to sell paper, but I don't see many common sense BC'ers buying into this crap.

I'm half way through reading the "Hunter recruitment" document posted on another thread, and thus far I read the Gov't wants more hunters not less.
I don't think these emotionally motivated dimwits will succeed.

But write all the letters you feel you need too, I do. The other side needs to be heard too!!

jml11
03-18-2009, 09:15 AM
One of the highlights of this article includes the mention all of the female bears that are shot in the spring that are "potentially pregnant with spirit bears"......good grief.

This is 100% inaccurate...bear cubs are born in dens quite early in spring before hunting seasons even start. The bear rut starts in mid to late spring; however, bears use a technique called delayed implantation and are not actually pregnant until later on in the year.

mark
03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
I vented my feeling to the editor on that one in a mature manor. Not quite like I wanted to but it felt good!

rollingrock
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I watched the news last night and almost became an "Emotionally Disturbed Person". What a crock of crap!

03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Apparently the environment minister made an area of no hunting for bears somewhere on the mid coast last night! Anyone know exactly where and how big of an area?

d6dan
03-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Apparently the environment minister made an area of no hunting for bears somewhere on the mid coast last night! Anyone know exactly where and how big of an area?

Princess Royal Island

SUAFOYT
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Ah yes and here we go. The great bear rainforest. No such place on any map that I know of, but as they say, say it enough times and they'll believe it. Notice how they've now thrown the white/black bear into the mix. I have never heard of anyone targeting these bears, but by floating the comment, people who don't know any better will assume that these bears are being shot indiscriminately. That will be the next false outrage. By making it so that we as hunters have to keep correcting the most basic info that these clowns trot out, we can't even get to the real issues.

As far as natives getting involved, I wouldn't even go there, it's a sacred cow that can't be touched. IMO, the way to help deal with this is to find out who the MLA is for this region, if it's an NDP member, let them know that this is erroneous info, and get them on record as to whether they're willing to make a decision based on false info. If it's a Liberal, get their stance on record, and let them know what you'll do in the voting booth.

wetcoasthunter
03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
"There's going to be a lot of questions about the economy ... but it doesn't change the fundamental reality. It's not a hunt, and it's not at trophy hunt. It's a slaughter"

Yaaaa, harvesting 2% of a population via hunting IS a slaughter:roll:. Do these people actually believe what they are saying? I think these so called native leaders need to look in the mirror before they condemn the rest of use, "those in glass houses...."

Mr. Sterritt. "The reality is it's not about numbers. From our perspective, it's just not in tune with our culture."

Who's culture are you speaking of smart guy? Hunting and trapping is part of Canadian culture! Has been since day 1. I forgot, those in Yaletown and West Van have a culture all their own. Their culture is based on ignorance, hipocracy, a general lack of acceptance of how others would like to live, and a holier-than-thou attitude.

ALPINE
03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
What a load of BS! I find this kind of crap very upsetting and is the kind of junk I expect our media to print. I would really like to see where they get their information and facts from.

jessbennett
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
what a joke. 1 in 10 black bears are white. . . . . . and sows prgnant in the spring??? :roll:good to know that they know what they are talking about....:roll:

id like to see the studies that show one in ten black bears are white.. and yet they have no mention of the glacier bear, which we as hunters are also requested not to shoot.

bigwhiteys
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Guys... Posting about it on here is like preaching to the choir... Take it outside HBC and send your opinions to the editor, gordo, penner, and anyone else who will listen.

I sent a letter to the editor of this article this morning voicing my opinion.

This wasn't something that just sprung up... These groups having been laying the ground work for a long time, they will be turning up the heat I bet.

Carl

hunter1947
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I just sent a letter to Natioal News telling them what my thoughts are about shutting this area down for bears ,makes me feel better now.

Tank
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Similar story from the CBC. Please feel free to "agree" or "disagree" with the comments at the end of the artlicle!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/03/17/bc-stop-bear-hunting.html#socialcomments

field marshal
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Which provincial party closed Grizzley hunting last time they were in power?????
Be very sure who you are voting for this election!!!!!!
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Fallkniven
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
HiTank
thanks for the heads up, just been on to that site and posted comments too.
Paul

huntwriter
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Guys... Posting about it on here is like preaching to the choir... Take it outside HBC and send your opinions to the editor, gordo, penner, and anyone else who will listen.

I sent a letter to the editor of this article this morning voicing my opinion.

This wasn't something that just sprung up... These groups having been laying the ground work for a long time, they will be turning up the heat I bet.

Carl

Well said. I fired my letter of to the editor right after I fired several letters off about the same topic on Global and CBC TV. Don't sit here and complain take it to the public where your opinion needs to be heard.

Manglinmike
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
One other point that I picked up on in that "story" was"shoot the big ones there the trophies" and then , they start off with the line about shooting the sows that are still carrying unborn cubs,this type of contradiction well only be noticed by the people in the know-US ,Joe public well not take the time to chew over the facts,and the media knows it !

scallywag
03-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Which provincial party closed Grizzley hunting last time they were in power?????
Be very sure who you are voting for this election!!!!!!
Cheers, Field Marshal.

i have no clue but could someone fill me in who would do such a thing?

SLIK
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM
can anybody recommend a good PETA forum, I got alot of time on my hands

olharley guy
03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Well said. I fired my letter of to the editor right after I fired several letters off about the same topic on Global and CBC TV. Don't sit here and complain take it to the public where your opinion needs to be heard.

I missed saying good for you last night on the other post-for firing off a letter so fast. Thanks Later

huntwriter
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
can anybody recommend a good PETA forum, I got alot of time on my hands

Been there done that and got banned as soon I posted (within five minutes). On these forums they do not tolerate any other opinions then the ones pursued by PETA and CO. They have at least two moderators for every single forum thread, all fulltime employed by PETA. It’s more controlled then people in Soviet Russia or Mao China.

huntwriter
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I missed saying good for you last night on the other post-for firing off a letter so fast. Thanks Later

Thanks, I appriciate that.:-D