PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 late season moose

Tuffcity
11-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Anybody hit the Oct 20-26 any bull season? How was it that time of year? My hunting partner and I hunted the Oct 01-08 bow season in the south part of region 6. He tagged a 47" bull opening morning and then we never saw another moose after that.

RC

Dayto
11-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Well my group of 6 went up there and man , horrible .....hunters every were ,most of the road's were dectavated,19cows and i missed a immature as it was running over a hill about 250yds away...Every hunter up there pretty much said F*** It , I got a 11" spike whitetail ....The group has been going strong for 35 years first time being skunked.The immature was the only legal moose we saw ,stopped in about 30 camps Ice Bridge and stuff and saw 2 bulls hanging( used boats to get accross the lake we got told by the guy that you have 100% chance on taking a bull over there) But ya the worst moose hunting i have ever seen ....Hell we got pulled over by the "CO" and he laughed and told us you guys are all waisting you'r time ..got stuck and a farmer came to pull us out and said the same thing he said all the moose are in 5 ..

Thunderstix
11-11-2005, 01:22 PM
My son shot his first moose opening day! Overall though, I would say open season was mostly a bust in region 6

youngfellla
11-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Slowest year I have ever seen for moose. Four of us went out to 6-1, stayed for 5 days. I was the only one in camp to see a bull, spotted him about 1500 yds away, never got close enough for a shot. Hunters everywhere! The year before 3 of us went out andall filled our tags opening day on big bulls and saw at least a dozen over a four day period.

Thunderstix
11-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Slowest year I have ever seen for moose. Four of us went out to 6-1, stayed for 5 days. I was the only one in camp to see a bull, spotted him about 1500 yds away, never got close enough for a shot. Hunters everywhere! The year before 3 of us went out andall filled our tags opening day on big bulls and saw at least a dozen over a four day period.

Hmmm.....Quigley could have taken it at 1500 yards!;-)

bushape
11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Dayto, which Ice Bridge are u talking about? Where were all the camps located?

Tonto
11-14-2005, 08:18 AM
We spent the week in region 6-2.
We did find it a little slow but we dropped (3) between the five of us,
with another one missed.
They were all small bulls with the largest being a 6x7.
We did see an old guy pull out a 54" bul
Lots of Grizzly sign and a sow with (3) cubs hanging around the area.
Still a good week in the bush with the guys.

Curt at Sumas meats seemed to think that they were nice looking animals
as we recieved back alot less than we dropped off.............:evil:

bushape
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey tonto, how did u get into 6-02? Was it reg. season?

Tonto
11-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Bushape,Yeah it was the Reg. Season (Oct 20-26th)
We usually take the logging barge across "No-Name" lake but it was not running this year so we loaded everything (and i do mean everything...)
into a 16 foot boat and did the crossing ourselves
5 guys, 3 quads, a wall tent and all the food and beer for a week sure makes
for a big pile of kit.
It took us 7 trips across but it was worth it.
Much quieter than usual, but the CO's did come over and pay us a visit.
All in all a good week.

bushape
11-16-2005, 07:10 PM
GJ Tonto, sounds like a good trip! Why dont u pm me. I know the area well too.

ape
11-17-2005, 09:30 PM
i was told some friends had to chase the moose (bulls) off of the Sabola rd so they could get in.