PDA

View Full Version : Upland birds and deer

slyfox
11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Well going hunting in 8 12 for deer then 8 01 for pheasant and quial tomorrow just cant wait boy do we have some real good hunting opertinitys in this province i,ll take some pics if i have any luck .BANG BANG:mrgreen:

Sikanni Stalker
11-10-2005, 07:41 PM
good luck , and we want a report!

3kills
11-12-2005, 03:16 PM
i just got back from 8-12 and never seen a single grouse there....

troutseeker
11-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I was in 8-12 today, on my way to 8-9 wher my moose draw is. Saw a couple of grouse and what looked suspiciously like the premature and quite possibly illegal ending of an immature moose. I was travelling fsr201 and noticed some blood and hair on the snow as well as some hoof, truck and foot prints. Small hoof, evidence that a smallish moose body was dragged from the ditch (the spot where it fell was very small) to the waiting truck box. What really got me thinking is that it got loaded up without being gutted??? I looked around and this all happened in a 10 square meter area. The tracks showed the truck turned around and went back towards Penticton. The kicker is that I had gone by there 45 minutes earlier and there was no signs on the road...

Troutseeker

Fred
11-13-2005, 10:46 AM
And if you had happened upon the scene during the loading there is likely not too much you could have done in spite of your job description! :-? Fred

3kills
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
oooh i just remember i did see some chuckars (well i m not sure thats what they were but i was told thats what they were) when i was in 8-14

Freshtracks
11-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I was in 8-12 today, on my way to 8-9 wher my moose draw is. Saw a couple of grouse and what looked suspiciously like the premature and quite possibly illegal ending of an immature moose. I was travelling fsr201 and noticed some blood and hair on the snow as well as some hoof, truck and foot prints. Small hoof, evidence that a smallish moose body was dragged from the ditch (the spot where it fell was very small) to the waiting truck box. What really got me thinking is that it got loaded up without being gutted??? I looked around and this all happened in a 10 square meter area. The tracks showed the truck turned around and went back towards Penticton. The kicker is that I had gone by there 45 minutes earlier and there was no signs on the road...

Troutseeker
Years ago my buddy reported in, went to court and had convicted a local that was poaching animals for other peoples tags. Only the other person(s) weren't even out with him that day. CO's inspected his freezer and found enough evidence. Good on you Troutseeker for keeping a watchful eye.

troutseeker
11-14-2005, 01:16 AM
And if you had happened upon the scene during the loading there is likely not too much you could have done in spite of your job description! :-? Fred

Not too sure about that, we were only 35km from Penticton and within cellular phone range. If I had had a vehicle description one call would have put the Mounties and possibly the CO on their way to attempt an intercept. With a license plate number we get the RO's name and address and pay a visit. If I get a decent look at the guys I'm pretty good a recognizing them later.
Just before the start of moose season the Kelowna cops and CO went to a report of a moose shot off Hwy33 and got the guys coming out of the bush! Sometimes the stars are aligned and we win one...

I was out again today with my daughter, saw 3 fresh moose tracks but nothing doing with calling, hiking and driving to the surrounding cut blocks (calling did bring in another hunter, must have smelled the Tim Horton coffee can!)... More snow in the hills near K-town and I had to chain up the truck to get to the top. My girl was a little worried more than once, we saw some whitetail does but no leh on them and no bucks hanging around either. I thought they would be horny as all hell right now... A few more snow falls and I'll be snowed out of my moose leh, that's life!

Troutseeker

Fred
11-14-2005, 01:19 AM
I figure it is going to be "tag soup" for me this year! ;) Fred

slyfox
11-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Well did not get the big whitetail that i was looking for saw lots of does and 3 small buck shot some pheasant,quail and ducks i,ll get the pics in tommorow slyfox