PDA

View Full Version : Trout Recipies???

quackquackbang
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
looking for some new ways to cook some trout! would like to hear some of your recipes! Thanks

QQB8-)

drakfero
03-16-2009, 10:53 PM
try spices called vegeta or podravka , u can get it in polish , russian or serbian shops.. very good to fry with it

spreerider
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
salt pepper flour egg and oil, dip in egg, dip in flour salt and pepper then fry in oil :)

dirtybucker
03-17-2009, 11:16 AM
hahah so you brought home all those nice trout and you dont even know how to cook them hahah anyways what i do sometimes is take the fillet put it in tinfoil with fresh dill, cavenders seasoning (dont be skimpy you can buy it at any grocery store) and put a layer of bullseye chicken rib renegade bbq sauce, wrap the tinfoil into a pouch and throw it on the bbq but make sure the pouch is sealed....it may sound weird but ummmm delish

quackquackbang
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
haha ya i know how to cook them...lol i just want to try something different lookin for some other ways to cook them!!!:D

Johnnybear
03-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Try the milk and egg thing with crushed up Corn Flakes with some pepper and Tyme. Dinomite!!!!

huntergirl270
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
My Great Aunt had a recipe that had shrimp, onions, rice and various herbs one of them being dill stuffed into the body cavity. It was then topped with thin lemon slices and wrapped in foil and baked on the barby. Funny you would ask this as I was just searching for this recipe the other day. I'll post it if I find it. You can probably figure it out by the ingredients tho :)

spreerider
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I tried steamed with ginger slices inserted into the flesh, then covered in lemon grass, and placed on a bamboo steamer rack and streamed.
very tender mild and tasty

Jimbo
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Season the trout with salt & pepper and dredge with flour. In a skillet, heat oil and saute` until golden brown on both sides. Transfer the trout to paper towel to drain then a warm plate. In a second skillet heat about half a cup of butter and add a half cup of sliced almonds and saute` until light golden brown. Pour the almond butter mixture over the fish and enjoy.

My wife is allergic to nuts so when she goes out this is my goto fish dish.

mr.280
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Try stuffing the biggest ones with onion, fresh dill,and a little garlic.then wrap the trout in bacon, (hold it on with tooth picks) then BBQ. untll crispy. Yummy! http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/frederick280/mypictures014.jpg

quackquackbang
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Try stuffing the biggest ones with onion, fresh dill,and a little garlic.then wrap the trout in bacon, (hold it on with tooth picks) then BBQ. untll crispy. Yummy! http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/frederick280/mypictures014.jpg

Man thats a nice Rainbow you got there!!!

Bow Walker
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM
The tried and true method - dredge in flour, panfry in butter and only season when it's on the plate and you've tasted the firsty bite.

newhunterette
03-19-2009, 10:59 AM
TROUT WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE

flour for coating
salt
pepper
4 rainbow trout, cleaned and scaled
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
flaked almonds
1 tsp fresh horseradish root, cleaned and grated
wine vinegar
salt
cream
lemon slices
tarragon sprig

1. Mix the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the trout.
2. Melt (1 tsp) of the butter with the oil in a frying pan.
3. Add the almonds and fry until they are golden brown.
4. Remove them from the pan and keep warm.
5. Add the remaining butter to the pan.
6. When it has melted, add the trout and fry for about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, for the sauce, mix the horseradish with a few drops of vinegar and salt and put in a small dish. Cover with cream.
8. Arrange the trout on a warmed serving dish and sprinkle them with the almonds.
9. Garnish with lemon slices and a tarragon sprig and serve with the horseradish sauce.

TANDOORI TROUT

4 small to medium trout, cleaned
lemon wedges to garnish

Marinade:
1 clove garlic, crushed
fresh root ginger, finely grated
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup natural yogurt
1 Tbsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp allspice
1 tsp masala
pinch of cayenne
generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
a few drops of yellow and red food colouring

1. Combine all the marinade ingredients. Take care if adding the food colouring not to overdo it.
2. Make three or four slashes in each side of the fish and cover with the marinade, making sure it penetrates the slashes.
3. Leave the trout to marinate in a glass dish for 3 hours in a cool place, covered with cling film.
4. Bake in a hot oven 425F
uncovered, basting frequently, for about 20 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
5. Garnish with lemon wedges.

mr.280
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow! Newhunterette those sound excellent,I'll be trying bolth for shure come May when the chironimids start popping off the interior lakes.Here is another chunky bow cought an a #16 cromie,stuffed it and fed five hungery campers.http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/frederick280/Laresaspicktures061.jpg

newhunterette
03-19-2009, 03:16 PM
thanks mr280 - nice trout in the pic - yummy

here are a couple more recipes

TROUT AND MUSHROOM TERRINE

2 Trout (or 4 fillets)
¼ c breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper
1/4 c flour
1 cup fish stock
2 egg whites
large spinach leaves
button or cap mushrooms

Clean, fillet and skin the trout. Mince or process the flesh until smooth.
Fish stock: made by boiling up the head, skin and bones of the trout
Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute then slowly add the fish stock, bring the sauce to the boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in the fish, lemon juice, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Add the egg whites and mix well.
Wash the spinach and blanch in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain well and dry carefully on a piece of kitchen towel. Cut out the coarse stalks and use three-quarters of the spinach to line the base and sides of a lightly oiled loaf tin. Thinly slice the mushrooms and season lightly with salt and freshly milled black pepper. Spread half of the trout mixture over the base of the lined tin. Cover with mushrooms. Spread the remaining trout on top. Cover with foil and bake for 1½ hours at 350F. Remove from the oven, cool and chill. Turn out and slice

TROUT WITH BACON AND PASTA

butter, for greasing
4 trout, gutted and cleaned
12 anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
4 fresh mint sprigs
juice of 1 lemon
12 slices rind less smoked fatty bacon
fettuccine noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 apples, cored and sliced
4 fresh mint sprigs

1. Grease a deep baking tray (cookie sheet) with butter.
2. Open up the cavities of each trout and rinse with warm salt water.
3. Season each cavity with salt and pepper. Divide the anchovies, sliced apples and mint sprigs between each of the cavities. Sprinkle the lemon juice into each cavity.
4. Carefully cover the whole of each trout, except the head and tail, with three slices of smoked bacon in a spiral.
5. Arrange the trout on the baking tray (cookie sheet) with the loose ends of bacon tucked underneath. Season with pepper and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, turning the trout over after 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add
the fettuccine and olive oil and cook, until tender but still firm to the bite (el dente). Drain the pasta and transfer to a large, warm serving dish.
7. Remove the trout from the oven and arrange on the fettuccine. Garnish with sliced apples and fresh mint sprigs and serve immediately.

steelheadSABO
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
wrap in tinfoil with lemon dill and butter and baked

bearass
03-28-2009, 09:32 AM
My Fave

Fallet the fish

melt butter in a pan

put fallets meat side up

cover with ranch salid dressing and seasoning salt fry slowly on med heat

It sounds wierd but it is so good.

Camp Cook
03-28-2009, 12:26 PM
wrap in tinfoil with lemon dill and butter and bake

I've done it close to this way for years except I sprinkle lemon juice and Montreal Steak Spice on as well.

This can also be done on a fire in camp... get a good fire going then when you have red hot coals split the fire in 1/2 and lay the tinfoiled fish between the 2 halves last thing to remember doing is open the tinfoil a bit when the fish is almost done to dry it to you're tastes.

308Lover
03-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Since we're not necessarily doing big time gourmet around the fire, try this:
Scrape the fish from tail toward the head very carefully--don't miss any parts--do the belly too (the fish is cleaned, head left on, gills removed)
Pat dry with paper towel.
Dip in a mixture of 3/4 tsp salt, 1tsp grated onion(or scrape one with a sharp knife), 3 tbsp melted butter, 1and 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, a sprinkle of paprika.
Wipe it on the fish, and line inside with thin slices of lemon if you like.
Fry in butter, bake, or barbecue.
Simple and awesome.

nano
03-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Wrap in tinfoil add some oliveoil,onion,potatos,lemon,salt and pepper.Bake for 20-30 min or untill the potatos are cooked then eat. Great campfire meal.

hunterofthedeer
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
A good pan fried recipie is just lemon juice, garlic and honey inside the fish. This is my favourite. If you do try it dont add too much honey