PDA

View Full Version : Cranbrook Fishing

tuchodi
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Could anyone suggest a nice small lake around Cranbrook area that I can launch a boat in as I am going to take my Grand Daughter's fishing this July. I dont need to know any "secret lakes" that have big fish in it all I would like is lots of smaller fish so the kids don't get discouraged. We will have a fifth wheel trailer so we are self contained.

Ddog
03-15-2009, 02:14 PM
pm me when the time gets closer and i will be glad to help, i can show you lots of areas and guarantee you lots of fish!!
cheers,,,,ddog

jessbennett
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
horseshoe lake was good when we were there for elk hunting.

rocksteady
03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Just about any lake in the Cranbrook area should be good at that time, as the Kootenay Trout hatchery should have done a lot of stocking by that time. You can go online and read where/when/how many they stocked in each lake....

Heres the link:

http://www.gofishbc.com/stockingreports/default.htm

Benthos
03-21-2009, 11:20 AM
when i used to live in cranny we used to take our belly boats or canoe out to jim smith lake. it is within 10minutes of town, and if you fish the weed beds on the far side of the lake, we used to catch many, many perch and bass. things might be different now, but if you want to catch lot's of fish, and aren't too concerned about size, go to jim smith and fish the weeds.

we used to just cast out jigs and slayed them. if you are taking out little kids, a bobber and worm will probably do just fine.

we also used to fish Tie Lake, fishing the weed beds and used to absolutely slay the bass. Many, many fish. not much for size, but lots of quantity.

model88
03-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I would head for Baynes lake at that time of year. Lots and lots of little bass and perch as well. There are lots of other lakes around stocked with trout, but if you wanna keep the little ones attention on fish rather than butterflies, then Baynes or Tie lake would be your best bet.

tuchodi
03-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for all the help, I will be sure to post some picture upon my return.

sawmill
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I`m just waiting for Stony lake on the lost dog road to open up.Good fishing,lots of nice places to camp and easy to get to.

40inchtwister
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
head out of cranbrook towards kimberly and just as you go up over the overpass look down to your left and there are 2 little lakes there stocked with browns ... good luck!

twanger
03-30-2009, 01:21 PM
head out of cranbrook towards kimberly and just as you go up over the overpass look down to your left and there are 2 little lakes there stocked with browns ... good luck!

40Inch these the ones with the airator's on them...hahahha:evil:

sawmill
03-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Iv`e heard they don`t fight well and taste like crap.