PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunting near Kelowna

cirino_22
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone. Im new to Kelowna and was just looking for some advice about turkey hunting in the area. I dont know the area at all. Is there good turkey hunting in the the area? Im not looking to hunt anyones spot but if you have any suggestions as to where I could start looking... possibly some public areas near Kelowna with some birds...I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, if anyone is looking for someone to hunt with during the season, let me know. I have calls, decoys, everything, but I dont know the area yet.

Thanks a lot,

Mike.

ElkMasterC
03-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Gee, I wonder who's gonna post on this thread?

**Wonders**

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o214/shierly85/SMILEY/waiting.gif

showtimebc
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I was thinking of trying a bird hunt this spring aswell, but am also lacking on the basics. General areas and ideas would be a big help! Thanks

mark
03-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Ive lived here for 11 years and havnt seen a turkey yet.
While there are a couple lil groups of em on the east side, my advise is to go east a valley or 2!

Triggerman
03-15-2009, 08:38 AM
We're doing a Turkey Hunting seminar in Vernon on March 21st for $25. If you are interested in attending drop me a PM with your contact info and I'll forward you the info.

300H&H
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Ive lived here for 11 years and havnt seen a turkey yet.
!

REALLY MARK ?

I think somebodies pants are on fire !

300H&H
03-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone. Im new to Kelowna and was just looking for some advice about turkey hunting in the area. I dont know the area at all. Is there good turkey hunting in the the area? Im not looking to hunt anyones spot but if you have any suggestions as to where I could start looking... possibly some public areas near Kelowna with some birds...I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, if anyone is looking for someone to hunt with during the season, let me know. I have calls, decoys, everything, but I dont know the area yet.

Thanks a lot,

Mike.

Id be up for a hunt.
We can go to a spot I know has toms and you can share your knowledge with me on set up and calling.
Send me a PM.

PS the new guy always buys the first TIMMIES coffee ;-).

mark
03-15-2009, 03:31 PM
REALLY MARK ?

I think somebodies pants are on fire !

In the okanagan valley, no, I havnt seen one, I go for a drive for my birds!

300H&H
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey Mark, They have been seen on the way up to Dee Lake and I think the KVR below (this side of) Little White.

ONLY 1 MONTH UNTIL OPENING MORNING

Hotwheels81
03-16-2009, 03:12 AM
In the okanagan valley, no, I havnt seen one, I go for a drive for my birds!

i thought predator ridge was still considerd the okanagan valley.... oop's did i spill the beans?

good luck finding crown land tho :D

dave_fras
03-16-2009, 06:46 AM
ive been working up near predator.... but in the past year ive only seen 1!!..... i use to see them almost everyday

bighornbob
03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I have been hunting around Kelowna snce the early 80's and never even seen a track.

Yah you here stories (like others have posted), around Dee Lake, some released around Carmi.

If I was going to do it I would start at Rock creek at a minimum and head east. Christina Lake getting better, Trail even better, Creston the mother load.

They are slowly expanding. I would say another 10 years before they are readily huntable in the Kelowna area.

BHB

coach
03-16-2009, 11:03 AM
I have seen turkeys around Predator Ridge for the two years that I have lived here. But it's all private land and I've yet to meet anybody who would allow you to shoot them here.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Spring must be here as I just saw a huge flock of turkies flying north in a "V" formation...................:rolleyes:

Saw some out near Oyama a couple years back.

SSS

Singleshotneeded
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
:smile: Hey Cirino, I know a couple of spots to the south and east, if you want to come out hunting turkeys just pm me and we'll talk. I doubt there's enough of them close to Kelowna here to make hunting worthwhile, at least for now.

Fisher-Dude
03-17-2009, 05:22 AM
I have been hunting around Kelowna snce the early 80's and never even seen a track.

Yah you here stories (like others have posted), around Dee Lake, some released around Carmi.

If I was going to do it I would start at Rock creek at a minimum and head east. Christina Lake getting better, Trail even better, Creston the mother load.

They are slowly expanding. I would say another 10 years before they are readily huntable in the Kelowna area.

BHB

I've lived and hunted here all my life and have never seen nor heard one. Closest ones I saw were on the side of the highway at Grand Forks.

Go East, young man.