PDA

View Full Version : collecting head gear

oddsix
03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
mornin folks, im headin up to 3-30 in the loon lake/clinton area this week and i wana try to pick up some sheds. never tried before but i have been reading a few threads on here and kinda got the jist of it but does anyone else have any extra info?

thanks, os

hunter1947
03-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Oddsix just cover lots of ground when looking for sheds ,the more ground you cover you better your chances ,look on the south facing slops for sheds as well.

mark
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Anywhere along that bonapart river drainage should be good, go about half way up the mountain side, get above the pine trees and into the big fir trees. Im sure you guys know the road along the backside of clinton mtn. the one that ends at a gate at ludvics property??? Just below that road I found a half a dozen in a 1 hour hike last year! Post pics for us!

oddsix
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
thanks guys

yeah mark we've been up that road many times, ill see what i can find.

mark
03-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Aprox half way down that road, or about 1 km. from the end, youll see a bit of a drainage very thick with willow and crap, stay on the left side of the thicket, walk about 300 yards downhill. It will take you onto a beautiful bench overlooking the bonapart river valley. walk the bench where it breaks from flat to very steep, I didnt even take the ones I found, so theres some there for sure!