PDA

View Full Version : Coyote carcasses dumped

aletheuo
03-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Just thought I'd throw this in here (if it belongs in the politics forum please move it) - appeared in the Cranbrook Daily Townsman yesterday March 13th.

http://the-dwelling-place.ca/coyotearticle.JPG

Flingin' Sticks
03-14-2009, 07:18 AM
I like the COs remark about nature burying it's dead...inda puts it all into perspective.

FLHTCUI
03-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Some people have nothing better to do.
I dont have an answer for those involved, but sufficve to say if you have to dig a hole and burry the remains it becomes more work that is worth.
Then the affected trapper/hunter would then have to worry about some Joe Public calling the cops claiming to witness a murderer hiding a body or three...
To the Coyote trapper/hunter in Cranbrook, Good on you for thinning the herd.
Rob

rocksteady
03-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Wasn't me, I have an alibi.....Ice Fishin.....Only been out yote hunting once this year.....

FLHTCUI
03-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Wasn't me, I have an alibi.....Ice Fishin.....Only been out yote hunting once this year.....
You sure rock? latest update on the internet is that a black and tan rottie was seen in the area keeping a look out ;)

mcrae
03-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Its not a big deal to me but I personally would have put them in a pile inside the tree line or off the beaten path a bit. I think its important to realize that other user groups are out there too.

mcrae
03-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Its also refreshing to read an article that explains what happened in a positive light with information that that is truthful and not some anti hunting bs...

can you guys imagine if this happened in the lower mainland? It would make the front page of the Province...

....COYOTE SERIAL KILLER ON THE LOOSE.....

phoenix
03-14-2009, 08:09 AM
A lot of work humping those puppy's into the bush;-). I like the $50-$60 dollars for a hide, maybe for a western white Alberta hide, but not this year I'll bet.
Kim

500grhollowpoint
03-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Good to see the article wasn't berating the hunters....but I would have not put them where families could see them..but you don't really know if it was on the main road or way off some small side road.

wolverine
03-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Take 'em out to the bush and dump 'em.... who cares. Feeds lots of other animals and they won't be there very long. I don't say put them in plain sight by the road side but there's lots of bush out there to use. Yeah, if that happened in the Lower Mainland there would be helicopters circling overhead. At least they weren't tasered!

sawmill
03-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Some people have nothing better to do.
I dont have an answer for those involved, but sufficve to say if you have to dig a hole and burry the remains it becomes more work that is worth.
Then the affected trapper/hunter would then have to worry about some Joe Public calling the cops claiming to witness a murderer hiding a body or three...
To the Coyote trapper/hunter in Cranbrook, Good on you for thinning the herd.
Rob

pretty hard to dig when the ground is frozen hard as Iron.

Gateholio
03-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I think that it would be better to dump them off a embankment or something. Good comments from the CO

f350ps
03-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Just another case of some slob that's to lazy to dispose of his garbage properly. How hard is it to take the yotes and throw them off an embankement so we don't keep giving ourselves bad PR. K

Chuck
03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
He did boo-boo though when he chucked in the houshold garbage. Maybe it was just bloody paper or biodegradable stuff - should have been more to the point - like beer cans, wine bottles etc. The guy should have been a bit more tactful imo. Like out ot sight - out of mind.

hunter1947
03-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Sure blame the hunters ,who knows how they were killed and why they where put there ,you tell me ???.
Some people have nothing better to do ???? ,they should go look around in the bush and find some more dead animals.

Pete
03-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Coyotes eat Coyotes it is a fact of life. I always put my skinned out bodies back out on my bait stations. However my stations are not right beside the road or if they are they are over the bank or behind a hump where they are not readly visable. Recycling back into nature the way it should be.

SteadyGirl
03-15-2009, 07:37 AM
For every hunter up gold creek there is a yuppie writer poet artistic type person as well. I got yelled at for riding my horse back with last falls whitetail:rolleyes: I do try to keep other peoples sensitivities in mind wherever possible., I have a 'dumping cliff'