PDA

View Full Version : 2005 mulie from region5

Manglinmike
03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
this is my best buck to date, it is 5x5, 28 inch outside, and even thow he was skinny from rutting he dessed out at 202lbshttp://www.hunt101.com/data/504/medium/Mike_hunting_pics_003.jpg

quackquackbang
03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow!!!:eek: Nice deer man!!!!!!

ElkMasterC
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
You're a *******.

Twelve years of meat Mulies...lol

Awesome buck, brother! Doing the full mount?
Not in the field, I would have done that before my buddies showed up.
Full shoulder mount? (I hope)

Blainer
03-11-2009, 10:06 PM
That is a beauty.
Did you score him?

dirtybucker
03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
wow what a beautiful deer, id definatly be proud of that one

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Tell me about the hunt... all the details, please.

Verrrry nice. :smile:

Johnnybear
03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Tell me about the hunt... all the details, please.

Verrrry nice. :smile:

X many:lol:. Please...........

kennyj
03-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Awesome buck!
kenny

doubled
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
That would be on my wall in a heart beat. Beauty.

sawmill
03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
BOO YAH man that is a bronc!!!!Thats why I get all boomed up every fall!

Slee
03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
wow, very nice buck.

showtimebc
03-12-2009, 01:59 PM
beauty!!!!!

Manglinmike
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I shot this buck on the first day of a 7 day trip. The day started off nice and cold and because I also had a doe tag in my pocket ,I decided to just go for a drive and have a look around,right at day light I spotted a doe and shot her. After dressing her out I then loaded her into my old cj7 and off I went,I had only gone about 2 miles and spotted a small buck on the road,so I stopped to look at him and watched him walk away,I then looked over my shoulder and seen a very large and clean 4pt about 30 yrds from my jeep,I made eye contact with him and he turned inside out. By the time I was out with my riffle he was long gone, so I parked the jeep and went for a 2hour hunt but no deer only rubs.I brought my lowly doe back to camp and skinned ,cleaned and bagged her, the whole time kicking myself for staring at the little buck and not looking around.In are camp we all put in for the doe draw as the rutting bucks arnt that great eating and we try to do in the doe first as they well screw you up trying to get a shot off at them and not noticing the buck standing in the timber,we call this the curse on the flattop.At any rate, 2in the afternoon came and I was on my way back to find mister candlesticks,I parked my jeep and started walking back in where I had seen the rubs and I started to find 10in trees that had being rubbed,still no deer ,after about 2km,I had run out of trials to fallow and was cutting up a shallow ridge and seen out to my right a deers ass swing around and take off.I thought to myself that it looked like a large deer and I hadn't seen any others so I had better try to get another look at that deer,after tracking it through the patches of snow for about 300yrds it came to a small ravine ,and I hoped that it would feel safe there.As I made my way up the edge of the draw it was getting dark and I had never being in this area before,so I figured that I should turn around and head back,after going only about 30 yrds I thought no I'm here all have one more look and I walked back up the draw,passed were I had turned around and only 20 feet farther and this buck came up out of the draw.I shot and he dropped to his knees and got back up and headed back down the draw straight for me and I got another shot into him at 20yrds directly below me at the bottom of the draw. I had him scored at 178 3/8 gross, he is mounted in my rec room!

Mr. Dean
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Now we're talkin'!!!

There's some good details in there that are worth noting. :wink: