PDA

View Full Version : sundown outfitters

Tank
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a buddy in the US that is looking to book an elk hunt here in BC. His partner is looking at booking a hunt with sundown outfitters. Anyone heard of these guys? Any reports, good or bad?

whitetailsheds
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I know of them. Know the outfitter. Randy is serious about what he does. Practically lives in the bush scouting, shed hunting, trapping, and then runs the outfit. Gets some big moose and elk. B.bears, goats, the odd sheep. And some big deer. He shot BC's # 1 typical a couple years ago. Check it out in Big Buck, I did a story on him.

elkdom
03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
7-19 holds some monster moose and bull elk, an RB knows that area like the back of his hand, and he is an honest no bull$hit operator, I hope your buddy is in good condition if he wants the most out of a trip in that zone,,,

gbear
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Randy is a great guy. He knows his stuff and knows his area well. I know a couple of guys that guide for him also and they are all top notch. He's got a nice set up. As Elkdom said, be prepared for the hunt. He does get some big elk and lots of big moose in his area.

branthunter
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I know of them. Know the outfitter. Randy is serious about what he does. Practically lives in the bush scouting, shed hunting, trapping, and then runs the outfit. Gets some big moose and elk. B.bears, goats, the odd sheep. And some big deer. He shot BC's # 1 typical a couple years ago. Check it out in Big Buck, I did a story on him.

"Big Buck"? Where do we look?

gbear
03-12-2009, 06:54 AM
"Big Buck"? Where do we look?

If I remember right, it was the summer 2007 issue. BC's new #1 typical mule deer.

whitetailsheds
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks Rob...I couldn't find the stooopid thing...