PDA

View Full Version : Broken Piece On Bow

bigwhiteys
03-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I went outside to do a little shooting today and after my first two shots, something didn't feel right and my arrows were going several inches to the right...

After checking out the bow, I noticed my little plastic piece that holds the strings and slides along the stabilizer was broken?

http://www.bchuntingblog.com/mypics/brokenbowpiece.jpg

What is this piece called... and is it common in Archery Shops...?

I want to go to the Nanaimo 3D shoot this weekend but won't be able to shoot the bow as it is right now... We don't have much for archery equipment here in Qualicum.

Carl

Kirby
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Cable slide, very common. Couple of bucks. If your lucky maybe you could sweet talk a member into bringing you one to Nanaimo?

Kirby

bigwhiteys
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks Kirby... Are they one-size fit's all deal or bow specific?

Carl

Bowzone_Mikey
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
most are a standard size ... that looks like a bowtech ..... the common replacement is a white teflon slide ... pretty much anybody that sells bows has em ... I think I have been known to see them at Cambodia Crap (CDN Tire)

10 bucks at most

jessbennett
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
wal mart has them too.

bigwhiteys
03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks again guys... I am going to pickup a couple so I always have an extra.

Carl

houndogger
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Bear Den might have it Carl? If your stuck you could see if the one off my pse fits for the weekend.

BowSitter
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm sure that I have a couple kicking around and will bring them to the shoot. I will try to find my HBC hat and wear it. I will look for you as well.....Ron

bigwhiteys
03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey Guys, Thanks again....

Picked up a Limb Saver Cable Slide (Teflon)

Problem: How do I get this new cable slide on...?

It's not the same as my old broken one... Which you could just put on the bar and then press the strings into it...

The new one not so... It looks like the only way is to take the bar off...? attach the strings and then slide it onto the bar? How does the slider bar come out? Is it just threaded in there?

Bowtech Flatliner bow... I have a knack for forcing things and breaking them... :)

Carl

jessbennett
03-14-2009, 12:21 PM
put the strings in required slots, then pull back on both cables and slide the cable slide over the bar.

hope that makes sense. it makes perfect sense in my head. :lol:

bigwhiteys
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
put the strings in required slots, then pull back on both cables and slide the cable slide over the bar.

I can put the strings in but can't pull back far enough to get the slider onto the bar. It feels like something in my bow will break first :)

I'll get fixed up at the shoot tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

Carl

Bowzone_Mikey
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
there is a set screw that holds the bar in place if you wanna do it that way