PDA

View Full Version : 2009/10 Hunting licence availability

Charger440
03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Called around for LML looking for licences for April 1st hunt. " Jeez not sure" is the answer I get.
Where are they?
I'm getting nervous twitch in my eye...Bwahahahah:lol:

Steeleco
03-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Phone Langley gun and tackle. Al tells me they're the same books you just change the date and the stickers change but that's it.

He may have some books still??

Singleshotneeded
03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
:D I was told the 3rd week of March...after the 20th...

ElkMasterC
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
All hunting licenses will take the form of a Microchip this year. You'll get one implanted in your right shoulder muscle, just like Fido, and any licenses you buy will be uploaded into your personal and securely encrypted database.
CO's will be equipped with Field Scanners that will read the info on the chip, and tell the CO what you're allowed to hunt that day, and also if you have any outstanding fines or warrants.
If you're stopped by a CO, and don't have a chip on your shoulder this season, you're only asking for trouble.

tomahawk
03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
All hunting licenses will take the form of a Microchip this year. You'll get one implanted in your right shoulder muscle, just like Fido, and any licenses you buy will be uploaded into your personal and securely encrypted database.
CO's will be equipped with Field Scanners that will read the info on the chip, and tell the CO what you're allowed to hunt that day, and also if you have any outstanding fines or warrants.
If you're stopped by a CO, and don't have a chip on your shoulder this season, you're only asking for trouble.

And just like Fido the gov't "network" will be suspect at best!

Steeleco
03-11-2009, 09:00 AM

Didn't you cause enough S#$% with the ditch chickens you badn!! :eek::cool::eek:

Besides, cutting your tag is gonna hurt ;)

dutchie
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Phone Langley gun and tackle. Al tells me they're the same books you just change the date and the stickers change but that's it.

He may have some books still??

The same guy told me they are not selling anything because they are contimplating a increase in license fee... so they will know by March 20th or so.

He has them he will not sell them because he will be out pocket if the prices do go up!

dutchie

MOWITCH SLAYER
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Try a BC Access Center. They well have them or well let you know what's going on!

ElkMasterC
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Didn't you cause enough S#$% with the ditch chickens you badn!! :eek::cool::eek:

You're assuming there's a limit. ;-)

Besides, cutting your tag is gonna hurt ;)

Apparently they're set up so that you can use any cell phone, dial the chip ID #, and it will deduct your tag on the chip, no muss no fuss, and definitely no blood. (Not yours, anyway.) Cell phone reception isn't needed, as it only goes straight to the chip. The Field Scanners will then read that your virtual "Tag" is "cut".
I think it's an idea whose time has come!

The Hermit
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah baby I'm diggin this idea a lot! Being a somewhat tech savvy guy I will be able to trace and track Dana's movements and finally find his honey holes up there in Clearwater!!! While at the same time know when Bartell is away and his GF is lonely! http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/lmao.gif

ElkMasterC
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
..... at the same time know when Bartell is away and his GF is lonely! http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/lmao.gif

Just ask Rishu, I bet he knows.
He probably already has Bartel chipped.

7mag700
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Just about time for the LEH countdown too eh?

7m7

longhairmtnman
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
try your government agent? They're always willing to take your money.

Charger440
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
My faith in humanity was restored today...somewhat.
Made a call to Service BC in Squamish and talked to a lady about the problem. She supplies hunting licencing to the LML; and clarified some points.

A new booklet must be made available by the vendor for each hunting year on demand. They are obliged under the Wildlife Act.
All LML vendors she deals with have been supplied with adequate amounts of licences and tags to her knowledge.
Prices are NOT increasing for licence or species tags in 2009 hunting season.
Even if prices did increase vendors still earn $1.50 per booklet, tag or LEH.

I told her about the difficulty I was having with the vendors and it did not surprise her. Apparently, the vendors get paid after remittance so it pays to do them in large caches if possible, which means the end of March if at all possible.

She asked were the closest vendor was, I said." Italian Sporting Goods, but they claimed not to have any".
She called them to confirm, called me back in about 5 minutes and told me to go down to get my licences. I gave her a big thanks for all her help.

At the front desk an older fellow says, " I not sure you need you really need that till later" he stands there not moving. " I'm going on a hunt April 2nd I need them NOW". Well...you guessed it, more BS from him. " I dont think we have them...grumble...grumble." I say " That's very strange, cause Service BC called you not 2 hours ago and told me to come down here for pick-up".
"Let me go check around" and 2 minutes later he comes back with the new booklet and Bbear tag. I pay for them, go back to work and open the booklet to the first page. Damn, the guy did'nt put the the red sticker on it.:roll:

I call Italian, the lady and manager were apparently talking about it. She said the manager wanted to talk to me. He asked me to explain from the start what had happened. I told him and he apologized for the problem. He handled the issue very well; in fact, he offered to drive out and deliver the validation sticker to where ever I was. Go fiqure.

BigBanger
03-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Nice . Did he ?

MOWITCH SLAYER
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Vender's are too lazy to do the paper work or they just don't know how. last time i got mine from the corner store i had to tell the clerk how to fill it out. And it was a real pain for her to do it. Now i go straight to a B.C. Access Center and get all my tag's and both fishing and hunting license's at one time. It's one way to get all the tag's you want without hearing (we don't have that one!)

Ciskman
03-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Last year at Crappy Tire I walked in at 7:50 (they close at 8:00) to buy a black bear tag for the next morning. After I waited in line it was 7:55 and they flat out told me no. As it would take longer then 5 minutes.