PDA

View Full Version : Whats With The Crossbows???????

danfloris
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I Am Getting Sick With All This Cross Bow Crap. Let Me Star Off By Saying I Have Nothing Agianst People That Hunt With Cross Bows As Long As They Pratice And Realize That Its Not A Gun But, I Was At The Sportsmans Show Last Friday And It Seems That All The Bows That Were Being Advertised Were Cross Bows. I Know That There Was A Few Store That Had Bows But The Most Of Them Were Cross Bows. If This Keeps Up Theres Gonna Have To Be A Seprate Season For Crossbows All On Its Own. I Realize This Is Gonna Piss Off Alot Of Crossbow People But Im Just Saying Just Because Theres So Many People Trying To Take Advantage Of The Early Seasons Now Why Not Try And Sell More Compound Bows Or Wood Bows You Know, When U Actually Need To Practice And Hold The Wieght And Have A Bow That Will Be Excepted By The Pope And Young. This Is Not A Shot At The Cross Bow Shooters Its A Shot At The So Called Sports Shops That Say They Are A Archery Shop.

Just Because Theres A Demande For Crossbows Now Whynot Trya Dn Change There Mind And Get Them Into A Nice Compound. Sorry To Piss You Guys Off But It Had To Be Said. And Before You Tell Me Where To Go I Realize That There Are Some People That Are Not Capable Of Pulling A Compound Bow Those Are The People That Should Be Shooting Crossbows.

Krico
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Easy on the shift key there buddy.

open-sights
03-09-2009, 10:20 PM
The only shops at the outdoor show were Reliable, Italian, Hub and Kent - The only one of that group that has any amount of bow items is Hub and they concentrated on the fishing side of things.

moosehunter21
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I Like How Each Words First Letter Is Capitalized. lol

mark
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
How can that actually bother you???? Just dont buy one and youll be OK.
BTW you dont need capitol letters at the beginning of every word!

open-sights
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Some People That Are Not Capable Of Pulling A Compound Bow Those Are The People That Should Be Shooting Crossbows.

Nope,,,, Anyone That Enjoys Shooting A Crossbow Are The Ones Who Should Be Shooting A Crossbow!!!

3kills
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
i want a cross bow but i want to try hunting with my bow first

Dirty
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
97% Of The People That Buy Crossbows Are The Same People That Never Get Out Of There Truck During Rifle Season. What Makes You Think They Will Have Success During Archery Season. The Crossbows Will Just Sit In The Closet And Collect Dust.

BlacktailStalker
03-09-2009, 10:43 PM
60% of people here on the island that apply for archery elk draws dont fill their tags.
40% of these people ran out and bought a crossbow because the draw odds are better.
I'll bet 38% of those 40 have never killed an animal with a bow (of any kind) let alone an elk.
:lol:
Git yer crossbows !
I've seen 2 elk and 2 blacktails shot with a crossbow, none of them were recovered within 6 hours or 500 yards of the initial hit (3 were single lung for sure, one I cant remember)
They just lack the kinetic energy IMO.
2 friends on here hung up their crossbows in as many years after a bad experience in a perfect situation/shot and havent looked back since picking up a bow.
Just food for thought.

(yes I know some cant draw a compound so thats fine but most wont take the time to learn a weapon like a compound or recurve like they should and see a crossbow as a "gun" that you can hunt with the same day they buy them or after one feeble attempt at sighting in :roll:)

huntwriter
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow!!! First post and he opens a can of worms. Welcome to the HBC forum look around and do a search on crossbows. You will find that this topic has been discussed at nausea here. While you at it, try to get real information on crossbows too so you do not have to regurgitate the same unfounded false information about crossbows that has been disproved time and again.

Ambush
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
It could be this "New Guy" is just FD trying to flush some "birds" for shooting practice.

ElkMasterC
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow!!! First post and he opens a can of worms. Welcome to the HBC forum look around and do a search on crossbows. You will find that this topic has been discussed at nausea here. While you at it, try to get real information on crossbows too so you do not have to regurgitate the same unfounded false information about crossbows that has been disproved time and again.

"Ad Nauseum"

It's Latin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_nauseam

Just trying to help a Brother out!

Oh, and crossbows should be outlawed, unless you're over 70, crippled or a chick (with my apologies to NewHunterette ;-) ).
Dirty's got it right.
Dirty's allllllways got it right.
There, I said it. (Again)

Don't let these Crossbow-lovin', road huntin' weenies tell ya different.
A real man learns how to shoot a real bow.
End of Manly Story.

Have a great day! ;-)

(Yes, I'm mostly joking.....but I prefer to avoid crossbows like the clap)

SLIK
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
The more dumbasses that buy crossbows at a trade show means more half priced unused crossbows for sale over the next few years.

danfloris
03-10-2009, 12:31 AM
I know more then enough about cross bows to make a comment.

thanks for the posts and im sure that this has been brought up time and time again but if its not brought up all the time then nothing is gonna be done about it.

and i know enough to say that if it does not qualify for the pope and young its not a real bow. thanks and i was not attacking anyone as a person but if you guyswant to attack me im sure theres alot more bow hunters that will agree with me. and im sorry i dont know how to spell but making comments about it is not gonna hurt my feelings, thanks everyone have fun with this one.

and i dont belive that they will kill anything but in the last 2 years ive herd nothing but horro stories about elk, deer, bears getting shot and never found. what about that huge monster mulie in the okanogan last year shot and not found but found by the co and it was gut shot with a bolt. scored over 230 inches out of season. people that shoot cross bow ( not all people) pick them up site them in and go. ive personally had to look for a deer shot basically up the ass casue the guy figured u can texas heart shot them cause he was fooled by the sellers and ads saying how fast it was and was never properly eduacted on shooting a bow and how u must take a ethical shot. but oh well have fun with this.

Singleshotneeded
03-10-2009, 01:09 AM
:D The pope is in Rome, and you're as young as you feel. If a person doesn't like crossbows, he shouldn't buy one. If a person likes crossbows, he should buy one, sight it in properly, practice, and never forget he's limited to 35 yard shots, roughly, and he must shoot ethically and at the vitals like the rest of us. Living in Canada is about having the freedom to do what you want, and enjoy whatever pastime you want, free of intolerance and persecution. Anyone who wants to attack someone for doing a legal and ethical activity should move to the mountains of Afghanistan and join the Taliban, and get the hell out of our Canada.
Now I'm getting off my soapbox and getting some sleep, as tomorrow is another long day at work...danfloris, take a happy pill and wash it down with a healthy dram of single malt, and enjoy your archery practice!:D

Glenny
03-10-2009, 02:37 AM
"To each his own." "Weapon of choice"...yada yada.....

Fisher-Dude
03-10-2009, 05:43 AM
It could be this "New Guy" is just FD trying to flush some "birds" for shooting practice.

Give me more credit than that GheyFling. I'm a strong supporter of legal archery rules, and take the exact opposite stance that Captain Capital Letter has taken. I'll peg his IQ, age, and shoe size all within close proximity of one another.

scallywag
03-10-2009, 06:12 AM
dam i turned down turn down a buck small buck and had two get away last year(one really nice 3 point) because i wasnt able to get a good vital shot. hey it isn 't the crossbow that is out there hurting animals that wil never be found it is shitty hunter with bad ethics. i know bow hunters that are shitty shots and even a few rifle hunter that idon't go out with any more cause of bad calls on shots. i think it all comes down to that just cause you see a buck doesn't mean you have it in the bag take your time and make the shot what ever your weapon choice is

Ambush
03-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Give me more credit than that

Sorry Fissure-Lube. I was just putting two and two together. And you have to admit, only a Real Knob would make a post like that.

CanuckShooter
03-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Sorry Fissure-Lube. I was just putting two and two together. And you have to admit, only a Real Knob would make a post like that.

Come on now....play nice. :shock: Best laugh yet this am though.

jessbennett
03-10-2009, 07:38 AM

:shock: "snap".......... lol

Ron.C
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Every time this topic comes up, which is at least a few times a year, it never ceases to amaze me to why some take exception to a legal method of hunting.

Why should anyone really gives a shit how someone else choses to hunt?

Crossbow/compound/traditional/rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader/trapping/backpack hunting/roadhunting/spot and stalk................................

As long as it's legal, hunt how and with what you want, and don't worry about those who choose to do it differently than you

RiverOtter
03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I will admit to owning/using a crossbow. Will also say that they are anything but a breeze to cock, unless you have the bucks to spend on the hand crank assembly, but that looks slow. Only advantage is that they stay at "full draw" without any more input from the archer.

I wish the rookie/road hunters would stay out of the bush too, till I get my deer, they only spook game and make it harder for the rest of us who know what we're doing..............Just kidding, but it makes about as much sense as the original post.........:roll:

Seabass
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
60% of people here on the island that apply for archery elk draws dont fill their tags.
40% of these people ran out and bought a crossbow because the draw odds are better.
I'll bet 38% of those 40 have never killed an animal with a bow (of any kind) let alone an elk.
Git yer crossbows !
I've seen 2 elk and 2 blacktails shot with a crossbow, none of them were recovered within 6 hours or 500 yards of the initial hit (3 were single lung for sure, one I cant remember)
2 friends on here hung up their crossbows in as many years after a bad experience in a perfect situation/shot and havent looked back since picking up a bow.
Just food for thought.

(yes I know some cant draw a compound so thats fine but most wont take the time to learn a weapon like a compound or recurve like they should and see a crossbow as a "gun" that you can hunt with the same day they buy them or after one feeble attempt at sighting in :roll:)

100% agree!! Bow hunting season = Deer wounding season!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Ron.C
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Git yer crossbows !
Just food for thought.

Blah, blah, blah

lack KE, whatever. Not buying it. And how many deer are wounded with rifles/shotguns? I have no idea either, but it happens. You don't make a very good argument.

Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control, sometimes it's a bad shot/decision by the hunter, sometimes is equipment failure, sometimes its' the" perfect hit" and it's unexplainable.

Any firearm or bow "that meets the minimum legal requirements" is more then capable of killing the game it's inteded to be used on within it's limitations. And each has the potential to fail as well given any number of factors.

For every doom and gloom scenario like this there's many that used these methods of hunting with great success.

BlacktailStalker
03-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Youre right Ron some things are beyond control when shooting any weapon of choice.
Never said a crossbow cant get the job done either.
Take a 70lb compound and an 200lb pull crossbow and shoot them both at 30 yards and tell me what one penetrates most ? Theres my kinetic energy theory. You cant compare a 380 grain compound bow arrow to a 250 grain crossbow bolt (or whatever they are) and tell me they're the same... Not gonna happen.
I wasnt starting an arguement, just throwing a few things out there to consider for those that havent made a choice yet, petty thing to get in to over a keyboard, could really care less !

I believe half of what I hear and 100% of what I see. Based on that, the 4 shots from a crossbow in ideal conditions, angles and range resulted in what I stated above. If you've killed 10 bucks with a crossbow and downed 'em within 40 yards, sweet , keep em comin' (big thing there would be that you practice I bet !)

Ron.C
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I believe half of what I hear and 100% of what I see.

point taken and I respect that. And I agree, no need to get into a pissin contest. I should of used the word "point" instead of "argument" in my origional post. My bad
:oops: :smile:

SHAKER
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I know more then enough about cross bows to make a comment.

thanks for the posts and im sure that this has been brought up time and time again but if its not brought up all the time then nothing is gonna be done about it.

and i know enough to say that if it does not qualify for the pope and young its not a real bow. thanks and i was not attacking anyone as a person but if you guyswant to attack me im sure theres alot more bow hunters that will agree with me. and im sorry i dont know how to spell but making comments about it is not gonna hurt my feelings, thanks everyone have fun with this one.

and i dont belive that they will kill anything but in the last 2 years ive herd nothing but horro stories about elk, deer, bears getting shot and never found. what about that huge monster mulie in the okanogan last year shot and not found but found by the co and it was gut shot with a bolt. scored over 230 inches out of season. people that shoot cross bow ( not all people) pick them up site them in and go. ive personally had to look for a deer shot basically up the ass casue the guy figured u can texas heart shot them cause he was fooled by the sellers and ads saying how fast it was and was never properly eduacted on shooting a bow and how u must take a ethical shot. but oh well have fun with this.

Take it easy their Dan old buddy... Don't want to upset the herd too fast. I've had this discustion with you before and any hunting tool can be mis-used period. We've all heard stories and folk lore about the "Guy" who has shot at more Deer and wounded with his 30-30 then most of us will ever see in our life time. And that "guy" who took that off hand shot and knocked down that booner buck at some kind of good made up long range. Or even the "guy" who some how missed an elk with a recurve bow at 8 yards! But all these stories have some validity to them, s#!t does happen like it or not.

Yes education is the key to sucsessfully harvesting an animal but how can you control other peoples actions? Any unlawfull or un-ethical action is only up the to person doing it. This is where a "grey area" gets started. If you think its too far to shoot a Deer, sheep, elk or what ever at 400 yards then thats your call. Someone like me who has the equiptment and practices at long range may be smileing cause the freezers about to be filling up. But for me to take a 45 yard shot at a Deer with my bow? I probably would since I have practiced to 50 but????? am I 100% sure on the result? NO! their lies the "grey area" For others its a dead deer but for me? pretty damn sure.

It's all about the person holding the tool not the tool you choose.

As far as the penticton buck who's horns were in my shower for awhile till we got them scored? We don't know who did it but it may not even have been a outdoors person at all? who know? only the person who flung that bolt in a NO HUNTING AREA! I noticed that part usually gets deleted from the story. I still think it would have been a better yarn if it was 1 lunged with a .22 but hey what can you do the evidence stuck.:twisted:

Elkhound
03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Ok...I will let blacktail stalker monitor this one. lol.

danfloris
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
if u know how to shoot and u pratice alot then thers not a problem, i think i said that right away on the first post, and i know that the ****** shooting the crossbow 80 yards up a deers ass is the same ****** that will shoot the same shot with a compound or a gun or even a stick bow. but if they were not lead to belive that its 'just like a gun' then these guys probably wouldnt even buy a bow if it was made clear that its nothing like a gun. i gun hunt, and i bow hunt i shoot compound and i shoot a recurve. ive evn owned a crossbow. i not gonna comment on this post agian unless its really juicy lol, but i will still stress that a hunter is a hunter stupid or ethical there gona be out there, it doesnt matter what u shoot as long as u know what ur doing. All i really wanted to start the comment on was the push for crossbows now and not for real bows. have a good hunt shoot striaght and make clean kills. thanks

And for all that know me on here personaly you already know that im a "KNOB" and if you dont like it go **** yourself. lol

SHAKER
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Ok...I will let blacktail stalker monitor this one. lol.

Lets let this thing play out for a bit........ Hopefully we'll some peoples true colors.

newhunterette
03-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Just Because Theres A Demande For Crossbows Now Whynot Trya Dn Change There Mind And Get Them Into A Nice Compound. Sorry To Piss You Guys Off But It Had To Be Said. And Before You Tell Me Where To Go I Realize That There Are Some People That Are Not Capable Of Pulling A Compound Bow Those Are The People That Should Be Shooting Crossbows.
dan - I used to be a member of TBBC for many years (my whole family was as a matter of fact) my kids and my husband still love shooting recurve bows, Peter hated his compound bow so he stayed with his recurve up until 2 years ago when he received his crossbow - he still enjoys doing 3d shoots with his recurve but also loves his crossbow - I would love to be able to use my recurve - the 2 I own are very imporant in my life as they belonged to my parents but as you said some people can't pull the recurves or compounds and that is me therefore I am waiting to receive my first crossbow but just as when I got my rifle I will learn to shoot it and maintain it and handle it before it goes hunting with me.

97% Of The People That Buy Crossbows Are The Same People That Never Get Out Of There Truck During Rifle Season. What Makes You Think They Will Have Success During Archery Season. The Crossbows Will Just Sit In The Closet And Collect Dust.
I road hunt, I also get out of my truck when I hunt, my rifle doesn't collect dust and neither will my crossbow, I have way too much respect for the equipment I use as we do pay so much for the sports we enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIK http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=425095#post425095)
The more dumbasses that buy crossbows at a trade show means more half priced unused crossbows for sale over the next few years.
I take offense to being called a dumbass - no need to hurl insults 2 people you have never met or know anything about

unless you're over 70, crippled or re.tard.ed.[/COLOR] Dirty's got it right.
Dirty's allllllways got it right.
There, I said it. (Again)

Don't let these Crossbow-lovin', road huntin' pussies tell ya different.
A real man learns how to shoot a real bow.
End of Manly Story.

Have a great day! :wink:
I am so glad I am not a "REAL MAN" because I would be too embarassed to be linked to a sex that had to use such degrading words to boost their "MANLY" egos.

03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I hunt with a compound bow, but until recently did own a crossbow. I never hunted with it because it was too awkward to carry for my syle of hunting. I don't care if people crossbow hunt....if they want to, that's great.

As for the supposed higher level "ethics" vertical bow hunters have, I call horsesh!t. Just go to www.archerytalk.com (http://www.archerytalk.com) and do a search of long distance shooting/hunting. There are MANY bowhunters that will take 60,70, and yes...even 80 yard shots on deer, elk etc. The irony of it is that many, if not most of those "hail Mary" archers would condemn crossbow hunters as unethical.

I say to hell with you all...people are stupid and annoying and best avoided were possible

Gateholio
03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
if u know how to shoot and u pratice alot then thers not a problem, i think i said that right away on the first post, and i know that the ****** shooting the crossbow 80 yards up a deers ass is the same ****** that will shoot the same shot with a compound or a gun or even a stick bow. but if they were not lead to belive that its 'just like a gun' then these guys probably wouldnt even buy a bow if it was made clear that its nothing like a gun. i gun hunt, and i bow hunt i shoot compound and i shoot a recurve. ive evn owned a crossbow. i not gonna comment on this post agian unless its really juicy lol, but i will still stress that a hunter is a hunter stupid or ethical there gona be out there, it doesnt matter what u shoot as long as u know what ur doing. All i really wanted to start the comment on was the push for crossbows now and not for real bows. have a good hunt shoot striaght and make clean kills. thanks

And for all that know me on here personaly you already know that im a "KNOB" and if you dont like it go **** yourself. lol..

Your rant is barely intelligible...But you have convinced me to buy a crossbow just to hunt the early season. I'll probably make some nice 60-70 yard shots, too.:razz:

dutchie
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
isn't hunting more about getting out in the bush and enjoying your time away from civilization, a full freezer is a bonus?

Rather then saying "I hunt with a rifle", "I hunt with a Recurve", "I hunt with a compound bow", "I hunt with Crossbow".

It seems to me that some people have lost what hunting is all about and have let thier egos get caught up in the "manly" BS when it comes to hunting.

I think people need to get over them selfs and enjoy what they hunt and how they hunt and respect others for the tools (as long as they are legal) they use to hunt.

If you hunt because you want to prove to people that you are a man... I feel sorry for you for missing the best part of the hunt, and maybe check your motivation for hunting.

dutchie

Gateholio
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Youre right Ron some things are beyond control when shooting any weapon of choice.
Never said a crossbow cant get the job done either.
Take a 70lb compound and an 200lb pull crossbow and shoot them both at 30 yards and tell me what one penetrates most ? Theres my kinetic energy theory. You cant compare a 380 grain compound bow arrow to a 250 grain crossbow bolt (or whatever they are) and tell me they're the same... Not gonna happen.
I wasnt starting an arguement, just throwing a few things out there to consider for those that havent made a choice yet, petty thing to get in to over a keyboard, could really care less !

I believe half of what I hear and 100% of what I see. Based on that, the 4 shots from a crossbow in ideal conditions, angles and range resulted in what I stated above. If you've killed 10 bucks with a crossbow and downed 'em within 40 yards, sweet , keep em comin' (big thing there would be that you practice I bet !)

So the crossbows aren't up to the task?

Well..If the modern crossbows aren't capable killing weapons, then there is NO WAY a recurve or longbow is either.
:razz::tongue:

oldtimer
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Bottom line is Crossbows are legal equipment ( rightfully so ) and are even allowed in 3D events. I hunt with a compound and would have no problem hunting with a crossbow shooter as a partner or in my group.
Jeez people should lighten up, maybe winter has been too long. Mike

Dannybuoy
03-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Your rant is barely intelligible...But you have convinced me to buy a crossbow just to hunt the early season. I'll probably make some nice 60-70 yard shots, too.:razz:
YEAH ! :-) What Gatehouse said ! Actually I heard years ago that a bolt ?(arrow ) would probably do more internal damage if it didnt pass thru ... so wouldnt a "weaker" lb thrust bow better in that respect ?

Gilmore
03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
But you have convinced me to buy a crossbow just to hunt the early season. I'll probably make some nice 60-70 yard shots, too.:razz:

You'll fit right in then.

danfloris
03-10-2009, 12:21 PM
are people really this stupid? how many time have i got to say " if you pratice and know what ur doing then its not a issue" and the start of the thread was not crossbow hunters it was the push for crossbows.

and yes i have aleady qouted that the same peple shooting 80 yards with a cross bow is the same people that would be shooting that shot with anything. thanks for the usless post though.

im sorry to the people that dissagree with me. i knew that wirting this post was not gonna changfe anything i just wanted to see how others felt.

and once agian i never tried to attack anyh single person

keep it civil

Stone Sheep Steve
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM
thanks for the usless post though.

Useless threads usually result in useless posts:smile:.

Thanks.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
How many times can you tell people to "go **** themselves" before you get banned?

Timbow
03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
What's next, not allow youth to hunt during archery season?, or archery during the regular season?

As hunters we are our worst enemy.

PS....what is up with the recent text message lingo such in some replies such as "u", "u r"....etc. Are we getting that lazy as a society?

cheers

SHAKER
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
As hunters we need to ALL unite if not we minus well just give the farm to the guides and we can pay to go hunting like most of the world does.

Don't let the actions of a few ruin it for everyone.

And Dan their is lots of great people on this site.... made a few good hunt'n buddies here too. Take is easy on everyone. Opinions are like a$$ holes! everyones got one or sometimes two.........:shock:
SHAKER.

BlacktailStalker
03-10-2009, 01:04 PM
So the crossbows aren't up to the task?

Well..If the modern crossbows aren't capable killing weapons, then there is NO WAY a recurve or longbow is either.
:razz::tongue:

Sure they're capable, like I already said, but bet your balls that 90% of people who pick them up and shoot at an animal think they can sufficiently kill it at 50/60/70 or more yards.

Everyone I know that shoots traditional have the utmost respect for game and would rather watch a 340" bull walk at 35 yards than take a chance.

I'm just saying that most who use a crossbow (again from what I've seen/heard) arent into learning the art of a compound or intimate close game of a recurve and use the "bolt" to kill sooner in the season or gain advantage of draw odds.
Just because there's a steady rest and a "trigger" doesnt mean you can reach out and touch something with a crossbow.

They have limitations as do compounds and recurves but I think a lot of people are brain washed by the "250lb pull," sounds like a lot but its equivalent to a 50lb compound and thats s.f.a in the bow game especially at 30+ yards.
Recurves are successful at 20 yards (average shot I'd say, no?) because at such a close range, an accurate kill shot is very likely.

huntwriter
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM

And for all that know me on here personaly you already know that im a "KNOB" and if you dont like it go **** yourself. lol

The crossbow has become very popular with the aging of the Baby boomers. This is a considerable high part of our hunting population. The reason why more and more American states permit crossbows is to find in the fact that without crossbow these aging hunters would give up bowhunting because most of them are no longer able to shoot a compound or traditional bow yet would like to continue to bowhunt. The crossbow gives them that opportunity.

Here in BC crossbows have been legal for all hunters, not just disabled, for some years but the recent surge in popularity is for the same reason. At least that’s the information I was provided by two of the biggest crossbow manufacturers and the Archery Trade Association (ATA).

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Before ya start spouting off about crossbows maybe you should think before ya type!! Your reasoning for not allowing them is because the people that buy them don't practice with them. I do!! I have killed many deer with a crossbow, they are just as deadly on deer as any compound bow.
You go on to say that you need lots of practice with a bow, well what about rifles?I see tons of guys at the range at the end of August "gettin ready for huntin". They are happy when they hit the target at 100 yards and off they go "huntin".I practice shooting year round and enjoy it immensely. I shoot rimfires, centerfires, my crossbow, and even my shotguns.
So tell me why crossbows are so bad for hunters who don't practice? Why is it perfectly acceptable for jackasses who are happy shooting 6"+ groups with a rifle taking shots at 300,400 and even 500 yards on deer, moose , elk etc?. Most of them have probably never even tried shooting at paper at 400 + yards!!!! Just my .02 cents.!!!

GoatGuy
03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
What's next, not allow youth to hunt during archery season?, or archery during the regular season?

That is the way it seems to be pointed. One license for one season. Happens in the States. Bow season or rifle season, not both. Would certainly quell the discussion.

As hunters we are our worst enemy.

Story of a hunter. Everybody's looking to regulate everybody else to their standards.

GoatGuy
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Everyone I know that shoots traditional have the utmost respect for game and would rather watch a 340" bull walk at 35 yards than take a chance.

I'm just saying that most who use a crossbow (again from what I've seen/heard) arent into learning the art of a compound or intimate close game of a recurve and use the "bolt" to kill sooner in the season or gain advantage of draw odds.
Just because there's a steady rest and a "trigger" doesnt mean you can reach out and touch something with a crossbow.

They have limitations as do compounds and recurves but I think a lot of people are brain washed by the "250lb pull," sounds like a lot but its equivalent to a 50lb compound and thats s.f.a in the bow game especially at 30+ yards.
Recurves are successful at 20 yards (average shot I'd say, no?) because at such a close range, an accurate kill shot is very likely.

Funny I can tell you about 2 traditional shooters that wounded 6 pt bull elk. One guy was right into it, own homemade bow and arrows and the whole bit.

The weapon to me is brainpower and that isn't tied to a rifle/bow/crossbow/or spear.

Dirty
03-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I road hunt, I also get out of my truck when I hunt, my rifle doesn't collect dust and neither will my crossbow, I have way too much respect for the equipment I use as we do pay so much for the sports we enjoy

You fail to recognize the point I am making. It is a little bit different than pulling up to a stupid moose that is 100+ yards away and shooting it with a hail of bullets from a rifle. You might see game while driving around with a crossbow, but your chances of getting within range are very slim. When you pull up in a truck, get out, cock your crossbow, then try and put on a stalk, chances are the game is long long gone. That is why 97% of the people that buy crossbows will not be successful.

NHT, if you successfully road hunt a deer with a crossbow this year, I will buy you a trophy that says worlds greatest crossbow hunter.

ultramagbob
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
NHT..Stick to telling us about recipies and what awsome hockey players you raised

rocksteady
03-10-2009, 01:59 PM
You fail to recognize the point I am making. It is a little bit different than pulling up to a stupid moose that is 100+ yards away and shooting it with a hail of bullets from a rifle. You might see game while driving around with a crossbow, but your chances of getting within range are very slim. When you pull up in a truck, get out, cock your crossbow, then try and put on a stalk, chances are the game is long long gone. That is why 97% of the people that buy crossbows will not be successful.

NHT, if you successfully road hunt a deer with a crossbow this year, I will buy you a trophy that says worlds greatest crossbow hunter.

Very good points Dirty......and BTW I do believe Hunterette was making her comments sarcastically....

rocksteady
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
NHT..Stick to telling us about recipies and what awsome hockey players you raised

No need to make it personal......

ultramagbob
03-10-2009, 02:18 PM
No need to make it personal......

Personal??LOL.She's the one sharing all her personal crap

sawmill
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I have shot compound for 25 years and loved it .This last 2 years my right shoulder has bursitis so bad I can hardly sleep at night.So................I may switch to x-bow so I can still get the archery season.I am fully aware of the limitations of any string flinger.It ain`t a rifle.If you site it in well,practice and shoot at reasonable ranges it will do a fine job.And Ultra boy.........lay off the personal crap.

danfloris
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Before ya start spouting off about crossbows maybe you should think before ya type!! Your reasoning for not allowing them is because the people that buy them don't practice with them. I do!! I have killed many deer with a crossbow, they are just as deadly on deer as any compound bow.
You go on to say that you need lots of practice with a bow, well what about rifles?I see tons of guys at the range at the end of August "gettin ready for huntin". They are happy when they hit the target at 100 yards and off they go "huntin".I practice shooting year round and enjoy it immensely. I shoot rimfires, centerfires, my crossbow, and even my shotguns.
So tell me why crossbows are so bad for hunters who don't practice? Why is it perfectly acceptable for jackasses who are happy shooting 6"+ groups with a rifle taking shots at 300,400 and even 500 yards on deer, moose , elk etc?. Most of them have probably never even tried shooting at paper at 400 + yards!!!! Just my .02 cents.!!!

if you read the post you will see that i have already said that yes the some guys with a giun would do the same stupid things. and if you hit a deer or whatever throught the hind quarters with a 300 mag it still will die (mabye) and may also drop in its tracks with a bow and thats any bow if you hit him there chances are he runs away to die another day or hours later. and i agree with you completly if you want to hunt pratice with everything.

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I shot this buck in Princeton during the late bow season. It was -25C, and I even did it with a crossbow. I used an Excalibur Exomax and the shot was 53 yds.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/32734Deer.jpg

Ron.C
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
blacktailslayer,

53yards, nice shot! That's one awesome deer!!!!

danfloris
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
i never said once that a cross bow cant kill an animal. holy crap people this is not a personal shot at you personally so stop comming down on other people like they are stupid its just a debate.

and good for you nice buck.

tracker
03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Nice buck Blacktailslayer,any side view pic's?

cool crossbow choice too ...:biggrin::biggrin:

mcrae
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
When I looked into getting back into archery hunting four years ago I thought I was going to go the x-bow route until I actually tried a few. They were big and awkward and I couldn't see me actually hunting much with it. Just not my cup of tea.

I ended up buying a BowTech Tomkat and going the compound bow route. I had been shooting a Martin Hunter recurve for a couple years prior to buying the Tomkat but I just wasn't good enough shooting instintively to hunt with it so I swapped to a compound for hunting.

For me its a personal choice the x-bow wasn't for me but I don't care if the next guy decides to hunt with a x-bow or not. I have seen just as many guys buy compounds and practice for two weeks and then head off elk hunting so believe me its not just the x-bows...

There is always going to be some asshat that does something stupid no matter what he is hunting with. Its a sad but true even in hunting we have people that just don't seem to have any respect...

rocksteady
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Personal??LOL.She's the one sharing all her personal crap

If you don't like it ....DON'T READ IT !!!!!!

RiverOtter
03-10-2009, 03:12 PM
holy crap people this is not a personal shot at you personally so stop comming down on other people like they are stupid its just a debate.

Ummm, you're the one who came storming onto HBC, with the big wide paint brush and took a jab at cross bow hunters.

First post no less..........:roll:

Sorry about the luke warm reception.........:razz:

ultramagbob
03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
LOL I bet you that buck was shot the day before and spent a cold night suffering on the mountian with a arrow stuck in its guts:shock:

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
No offense taken Danfloris, I just don't agree with you. You mentioned that crossbow hunters need to realize they are not guns. This is the exact reason I prefer crossbows, they are just like guns!!!. The only difference is your limited to 50-60 yards on deer(my bottom crosshair is 50 yards). I would limit myself to 40 yards on an elk or moose. My excalibur is so accurate I have to practice at minimum 40 yards, or shoot at different aim points at the closer distances(too many wrecked arrows). Maybe you should try shooting an Excalibur sometime, ya just might like it, and they are made in Canada too.:wink::wink::wink:

Gateholio
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Sure they're capable, like I already said, but bet your balls that 90% of people who pick them up and shoot at an animal think they can sufficiently kill it at 50/60/70 or more yards.

Perhaps education on the weapons limitations woudl be a good thing?

Although it's almost impossible to tell someone that is buying thier first compound bow, first crossbow or first rifle that they should hold thier shots to 30 yards or 100 yards respectively.:wink:

mark
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I dont want any part of this pissing match, but Ill add my .02 cents.
I own 2, 70# compound bows as well a 200lb 10 point crossbow. Im not passionate about either, but I choose to use the compounds!
Without question, on either targets or deer, the crossbow has way more penetration hands down!!!! More accurate also!
Im confident to 50 yards with a compound, Id go 60 with the crossbow without hesitation. I know some excellent hunters that are confident to 70 yards with their crossbows!!
So Blacktailstalker... I just cant fathom where you get grounds for your statements unless your thinking of some old piece of junk crossbow.

Dirty.... bagging a deer with a crossbow while road hunting is not hard at all, could of had a dozen last year easy!

As an owner of both I can say the reason crossbow hunters practice less is because less practice is needed, simple as that. I can hand my crossbow to someone who has never fired any sort of weapon in their life and thay can fill a tea-cup saucer within minutes.
The only skill which really needs constant practice is estimating range!!!!

I could prove anything Ive said to anyone, in a few minutes in my driveway!

danfloris
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Ummm, you're the one who came storming onto HBC, with the big wide paint brush and took a jab at cross bow hunters.

First post no less..........:roll:

Sorry about the luke warm reception.........:razz:

actually ive been a meber for a few months and i defenatly did not come storming on and last but not least i did not take a stab at cross bow hunters on my first post read it agian and see who im taking a stab at not the hunters the stores thanks.

thank you

Gateholio
03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
i never said once that a cross bow cant kill an animal. holy crap people this is not a personal shot at you personally so stop comming down on other people like they are stupid its just a debate.

and good for you nice buck.

It's not really a debate.

"Some people make poor choices when they encounter game, regardless of weapon choice" can sum the whole thread up.:|

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think the stores are doing anything wrong Danfloris. I could teach someone in 10 minutes to shoot my crossbow more accurately than they could be with a compound in 10 years of practicing. I too have shot both crossbow and compound bows. The first time I ever shot my Excalibur crossbow I was shooting 2" groups at 50 yards(repeatedly). Ya can't do that with a compound, at least I sure as hell could'nt!!

danfloris
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont want any part of this pissing match, but Ill add my .02 cents.
I own 2, 70# compound bows as well a 200lb 10 point crossbow. Im not passionate about either, but I choose to use the compounds!
Without question, on either targets or deer, the crossbow has way more penetration hands down!!!! More accurate also!
Im confident to 50 yards with a compound, Id go 60 with the crossbow without hesitation. I know some excellent hunters that are confident to 70 yards with their crossbows!!
So Blacktailstalker... I just cant fathom where you get grounds for your statements unless your thinking of some old piece of junk crossbow.

Dirty.... bagging a deer with a crossbow while road hunting is not hard at all, could of had a dozen last year easy!

As an owner of both I can say the reason crossbow hunters practice less is because less practice is needed, simple as that. I can hand my crossbow to someone who has never fired any sort of weapon in their life and thay can fill a tea-cup saucer within minutes.

I could prove anything Ive said to anyone, in a few minutes in my driveway!

OK. i have a pse x force and i pull 71 lbs i get 337 fps outta it. now i would not think about taking a shot at 70 yards. can i shoot groups at 70 even 80 yards yes. but it takes time for the arrow to get there i now that you know that but now you are saying that a guy that grabs a bow and "thinks" its just like a gun can shoot your and get good groups ok now he goes out ere and makes a 70 yard shot and while the arrow is flying the deer steps forward and he shoots it right int he guts. now of cource im not saying that coupond guys havent done it iether but if you are gonna say that you dont need to practice as much. well does thet guy that doesnt practice know how a arrow reacts going steep down hill or steep uphill not knowing to hold high up hill or hold low down hill??

anyways practive makes perfect for everyone thats jsut getting into archery

danfloris
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't think the stores are doing anything wrong Danfloris. I could teach someone in 10 minutes to shoot my crossbow more accurately than they could be with a compound in 10 years of practicing. I too have shot both crossbow and compound bows. The first time I ever shot my Excalibur crossbow I was shooting 2" groups at 50 yards(repeatedly). Ya can't do that with a compound, at least I sure as hell could'nt!!

oh i know i realize this totally i have owned a crossbow myself i know how easy it is.

mark
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
OK. i have a pse x force and i pull 71 lbs i get 337 fps outta it. now i would not think about taking a shot at 70 yards. can i shoot groups at 70 even 80 yards yes. but it takes time for the arrow to get there i now that you know that but now you are saying that a guy that grabs a bow and "thinks" its just like a gun can shoot your and get good groups ok now he goes out ere and makes a 70 yard shot and while the arrow is flying the deer steps forward and he shoots it right int he guts. now of cource im not saying that coupond guys havent done it iether but if you are gonna say that you dont need to practice as much. well does thet guy that doesnt practice know how a arrow reacts going steep down hill or steep uphill not knowing to hold high up hill or hold low down hill??

anyways practive makes perfect for everyone thats jsut getting into archery

Your points are very valid and 100% true, couldnt agree more! Practice and experience, will always make a better hunter without question. Different angles and "deer taking a step" are a factor for most any weapon of choice!

My points in my earlier statement were more about the penetration and accuracy issues mentioned by others!

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Who said anything about 70 yard shots? Your example has nothing to do with shooting compounds or crossbows. Taking shots your capable of comes from experience not from which kind of bow you hunt with. Your argument why stores shouldn't sell crossbows but should push compounds instead doesn't hold water.
All I know is that inside acceptable ranges I would rather see occasional bowhunters using crossbows than compounds. It takes much less practice to be accurate than it does with a compound.

rocksteady
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
[quote=mark;425478]
I can hand my crossbow to someone who has never fired any sort of weapon in their life and thay can fill a tea-cup saucer within minutes.
quote]

Accurracy is only one portion of the bow hunting game....It takes more practice than just shooting in a driveway to learn how to stalk within any archery range, using wind, ground cover etc etc.....

Some new crossbow hunters think its as easy as hell, they lern real quick that just cause you can stalk to 100 yards with a rifle, that don't mean squat when you have to get within 50 with archery......They adapt...Either they learn to stalk or they sell the bow...

jessbennett
LOL I bet you that buck was shot the day before and spent a cold night suffering on the mountian with a arrow stuck in its guts:shock:

now what the hell makes you think that????:confused:

mcrae
Who said anything about 70 yard shots? Your example has nothing to do with shooting compounds or crossbows. Taking shots your capable of comes from experience not from which kind of bow you hunt with. Your argument why stores shouldn't sell crossbows but should push compounds instead doesn't hold water.
All I know is that inside acceptable ranges I would rather see occasional bowhunters using crossbows than compounds. It takes much less practice to be accurate than it does with a compound.

I pretty much agree 100% with that.... I myself would like to have taken a bow hunting course when I got started but nothing was available...

mark
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
[quote=mark;425478]
I can hand my crossbow to someone who has never fired any sort of weapon in their life and thay can fill a tea-cup saucer within minutes.
quote]

Accurracy is only one portion of the bow hunting game....It takes more practice than just shooting in a driveway to learn how to stalk within any archery range, using wind, ground cover etc etc.....

Some new crossbow hunters think its as easy as hell, they lern real quick that just cause you can stalk to 100 yards with a rifle, that don't mean squat when you have to get within 50 with archery......They adapt...Either they learn to stalk or they sell the bow...

Rocky, your talking about actual hunting, were talking about the weapons, different subject.

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM

That has to be the stupidest comment I have yet to hear on here!! That buck ran 15-20 yards, fell over and died. He was dead within 10 seconds of the shot. It did not suffer at all!

NaStY
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Man this has to be the best thread going for this time of year......

jessbennett
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
That has to be the stupidest comment I have yet to hear on here!! That buck ran 15-20 yards, fell over and died. He was dead within 10 seconds of the shot. It did not suffer at all!

i agree with you. was totally uncalled for.
very nice buck by the way.... and with a bow. good on ya.
i wonder if umb has any bucks that top that hangin on the wall? and killed with archery tackle? what was the score on that buck?

ultramagbob
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
i agree with you. was totally uncalled for.
very nice buck by the way.... and with a bow. good on ya.
i wonder if umb has any bucks that top that hangin on the wall? and killed with archery tackle? what was the score on that buck?

Hahahahahaha.

danfloris
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM

once again, i never did say that stores should not sell cross bows i just said that they are pushing them way harder to earn a fast buck.

my exact feeling on it are there are people out here not cable a of pulling a bow so crossbows are the way to go for them, there are people that will love there crossbows and those that know how to arhcery hunt and practice good for them too. but the guy that grabs a crossbow, compound. recurve, long bow, shot gun, rifle, pellet gun , slingshot, that just picks it up and goes out to kill are the problem. it just seems like more publicly worse things are reported from crossbows. nothing against the responsible hunters that shoots crossbows.its the bad hunters out there that are the problem. so im sorry if this has got outta hand but i will say that all bad hunters should not hunt.

tracker
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Don't worry about it blacktailslayer ,ultramagbob is jealous he never got to use his ultra mag on that beauty muley buck...and you got within 50 yards of it and killed it with archery equipment .:shock::shock: Good job

Oh ya, I am a little jealous too :biggrin::biggrin:

huntwriter
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Now that right there is a stupid comment. Sorry there is just no politer way to say that.:redface:

frenchbar
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Its a stupid thread period,crossbow or compound ,who gives a shit what people use ,to each their own!

RiverOtter
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
First post.....

I Am Getting Sick With All This Cross Bow Crap. Let Me Star Off By Saying I Have Nothing Agianst People That Hunt With Cross Bows As Long As They Pratice And Realize That Its Not A Gun But, I Was At The Sportsmans Show Last Friday And It Seems That All The Bows That Were Being Advertised Were Cross Bows. I Know That There Was A Few Store That Had Bows But The Most Of Them Were Cross Bows. If This Keeps Up Theres Gonna Have To Be A Seprate Season For Crossbows All On Its Own. I Realize This Is Gonna Piss Off Alot Of Crossbow People But Im Just Saying Just Because Theres So Many People Trying To Take Advantage Of The Early Seasons Now Why Not Try And Sell More Compound Bows Or Wood Bows You Know, When U Actually Need To Practice And Hold The Wieght And Have A Bow That Will Be Excepted By The Pope And Young. This Is Not A Shot At The Cross Bow Shooters Its A Shot At The So Called Sports Shops That Say They Are A Archery Shop.

Most recent......

once again, i never did say that stores should not sell cross bows i just said that they are pushing them way harder to earn a fast buck.

my exact feeling on it are there are people outt here not cable a of pulling a bow so crossbows are the way to go for them, there are people that wil love there cropssbows and those that know how to arehcery hunt andpractice good for them too. but the guy that grabs a rossbow, coumpound. recurve, long bow, shot gun, rifle, pellet gun , slingshot, that just picks it up and goes out to kill are the problem. it just seems like more publicly worse things are reported from crossbows. nothing agianst the responsible hunters that shoots crossbows.

Your reverse gear is coming along nicely............:razz:

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
This thread is getting good. That buck grossed 180, but obviously has a few deductions. We actually saw one bigger, but his nose was to the ground and he wasn't stopping for us!!

danfloris
03-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Your reverse gear is coming along nicely............:razz:

sorta i guess but i still stand for what i wrote practice makes perfect.
i personally think compounds are better but everyone has there own views

papaken
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Don't know where danfloris shops but I've been to most of the outdoor and hunting shops in the lower mainland at one time or another. Never been forced, cajoled, browbeaten or tricked into buying anything that I did'nt want. What you hunt with should not make you any better or worse than any other hunter. Skill, ability, responsibility and respect for others and the game you hunt is what counts.

jessbennett
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
This thread is getting good. That buck grossed 180, but obviously has a few deductions. We actually saw one bigger, but his nose was to the ground and he wasn't stopping for us!!

nice buck. thats 4 sure.:smile:

Dirty
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Sorry Mark, not everybody is a super hunter like you. Some people have legitimate jobs where we have to work instead of running around all year collecting sheds and hunting.

rocksteady
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
[quote=rocksteady;425506]

Rocky, your talking about actual hunting, were talking about the weapons, different subject.

Just trying to clarify for some...They add 2 and 2 together and end up with 23 !!!!:cry:

If they believed the claims of every salesman spouting stats, they may buy a crossbow and be sadly dissappointed...

danfloris
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't know where danfloris shops but I've been to most of the outdoor and hunting shops in the lower mainland at one time or another. Never been forced, cajoled, browbeaten or tricked into buying anything that I did'nt want. What you hunt with should not make you any better or worse than any other hunter. Skill, ability, responsibility and respect for others and the game you hunt is what counts.

once agian i never said that people are stupid or a bad hunter just cause they have a crossbow i said that the people that think they are guns are the problem and this wasnt suppose to be about the kinda people that shoot what it was suppose to be the big crossbow push. anyways have fun with this thread its not like its ever gonna change anything anyways. lol

NaStY
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
once agian i never said that people are stupid or a bad hunter just cause they have a crossbow i said that the people that think they are guns are the problem and this wasnt suppose to be about the kinda people that shoot what it was suppose to be the big crossbow push. anyways have fun with this thread its not like its ever gonna change anything anyways. lol

You keep saying that, but do you really mean it????

danfloris
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
oh i mean it im having fun with this i get a good laugh about it and im sure lors of others are to.

ElkMasterC
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Awwwww, man....I'm still laughing. Sorry FD, but I don't care WHO ya are...that's funny right there.

I Heart Crossbow vs Bow threads.
It's always a jaunty, even ZESTY enterprise!
Bully, I say! BULLY!

Now how long til this gets locked?

358win
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Popcorns almost gone...thanks guys. I'm going to miss threads like this when Bear season starts. But until it does...
I'm gona buy a crossbow, shoot a hybrid at 60 yds, AND I'm gonna count the eye guards.
New batch of popcorn is almost ready.

RiverOtter
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm still not convinced this thread wasn't just a diversion tactic, to take some heat off the poor wolves in the other threads........:tongue::mrgreen:

boyd050
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
me... I had elk steaks for supper last night.....thanks to one of those dastardly crossbows, and right now I'm chewing on some deer sausage and ......... for shame...... taken by a...:eek: crossbow.. oh the evil I am!!! who really GAF about how, as long as we're all out enjoying the opportunities to hunt but as others have said, this site is worth a look just for the drama...keep em coming.... wonder if there was this much to do when they went from muzzle loaders to these new fangeld guns!!!! :shock::shock:

BlacktailStalker
03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
***** like I said I could give a sh!t less what people use, I've got my thoughts on what I've seen.
All crap aside take a 70lb compound and a 200lb crossbow @ 35 yards and tell me what one hits harder = less whump down range= more chances of not recovering an animal, accuracy aside.

People seem to forget that what you read is monotone and one cant emphasize particulars in a reply therefore not everybody is going to be happy :lol: :roll:

Like chappelle said, "Pepsi tastes better because pepsi paid me more most recently" "If coke pays me tomorrow, coke tastes better"

blacktailslayer
Wolves? What wolves???!!!:wink::wink:

mrdoog
Do crossbows come in 300 Win Mag?

blacktailslayer
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Here is the 300 Win mag of crossbows.

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-excalibur.com/exomax-crossbow.php

troutseeker
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
i likE crossbowS!

ElkMasterC
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
i likE crossbowS!

I like 'em too.
I use them for wheel chocks on steep hills.

jessbennett
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I like 'em too.
I use them for wheel chocks on steep hills.

dam thats funny right there........:tongue:

huntcoop
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Crossbows were designed for girls and weak wristed men :lol:

Elkhound
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Geeze you guys...get home late from work and this is what I get to read. Some people need to grow up. This one is over. A few people need warnings and infractions but I am too tired to do all of it right now. So you all have warnings...thats right...everyone.....lol. Gnight