PDA

View Full Version : German short hair to good home

tinhorse
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a 3 1/2 year old german short haired pointer who is in need of a good home with lots of room to play. He is great with other pets (we have 2 cats). I got him up in Fort Nelson when I worked in forestry and he came out with me every day in the bush but now that I am in the office and have one young son and another due in August, he doesn't get the time he needs. I always took him out grouse and rabbit hunting and he retrieved great! He is a quick learner and would make someone with a little time a great hunting companion. I really don't want to give him away :icon_frow but it is the best thing for him. His name is trigger and if you would like pictures I can post them or email them to you. PM me if you are interested.

FREE TO GOOD HOME

greatwhitehunter
03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry I cannot help out;
But I will say I have a German Short Hair Pointer and she is the best dog ever!

tinhorse
03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Here is a picture

dutchie
03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
wow very unique coloring in the snout...

Is trigger pure breed or mixed with somthing (or just ate lunch!!)

great looking dog, I hope he goes to a great hunting home, and you can visit him too

Good luck

dutchie

trigger
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
beautiful dog. i would love to have another dog. but i think it might get confusing when i called them, since they both would have the name trigger

tinhorse
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
He was bought as a purebred but may have english pointer mixed in?? I was up in fort nelson and had my brother look at them and choose one. Apparently both parents were only darker brown and white. Mine was the last one of the litter to go and is a little small 55 lbs, and does have the weird coulring and lighter eyebrows like some other hound breeds.

SHACK
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
If it was up to me I would make him our third GSP, Heck I would have 10 if I was able to, I just hate to see a fella need to give up a dog, but respect the fact that a decision was made in favor of the pooch.
I would say he has definitely got a little mix in him, but still a fine looking boy. I will keep my eyes and ears open for anyone wanting a pooch.

03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
pm'd you. My dad is interested.

tinhorse
03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the interest guys. I really just want to find a great home for him with someone that will have the time and loves the outdoors.

Hermen
04-08-2009, 12:17 AM
A friend of mine just had a litter of 5 GSH pointer pups. About a week old now. Top hunting lines. PM me if interested