PDA

View Full Version : Region 5?

PGKris
11-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Alright I gotta ask. You guys are making me slobber at these monster mulies all day so I figure I better at least put something in the freezer besides grouse. The number one problem here is that me and my buddy have thursday and friday off but we don't have a spot to go. Anyone from region 5 out there that can give us a shove in the right direction? We were hoping to go somewhere down by Quesnel. 5-13 maybe? Just sorta looking for a compass heading here. Anything would help. Thanks
KRIS

Ride
11-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Keep going past Quesnel and head for the Williams Lake area. Always big bucks coming out of there. I hear out towards Alexis Creek is a good area. I am sure a local could help you out, maybe even the guys at Chicotin guns might have some info for you.

mark
11-08-2005, 12:05 PM
to be honest pgris i was just south of quesnel for a couple days and saw no BIG bucks, didnt see any rut activity at all :-( . had better luck in 100 mile myself.

PGKris
11-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Well Williams Lake is a bit too far south for us we're college and university eh. Too much $$. Hopefully I can get some positive reports? :( We were thinking of heading down the blackwater past the river and then from there who knows. There's a ton of does on the Tako but no bucks. I'd like to get a bit south and see whats there. Anyone know anything about Hixon area?

Gateholio
11-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Well Williams Lake is a bit too far south for us we're college and university eh. Too much $$. Hopefully I can get some positive reports? :( We were thinking of heading down the blackwater past the river and then from there who knows. There's a ton of does on the Tako but no bucks. I'd like to get a bit south and see whats there. Anyone know anything about Hixon area?

If there are does this time of year, the bucks should be close...

willyqbc
11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
in and around the hixon, cinema area will produce some bucks for ya and you don't have to travel too far to get there! up behind dunkleys/genevieve lake area usually holds plenty deer.

Chris

mainland hunter
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
go to chetwynd. i saw three massive bucks while hunting there. rut seemed to be just getting under way

Ride
11-08-2005, 04:57 PM

I know of at least one good buck out on the Tako right now(seen in the dark) and i shot a two point muley last weekend out that way. The deer are there, you just gotta be patient for the bucks. They should be hanging around them does anytime now. The two point i got was with 6 does. Keep hunting all day, the deer are moving at all hours. I shot mine at 10 in the morning.

As for crossing the Blackwater, when you do there is a lot of private land towards Quesnel, if you can find your way through the maze of roads there is good deer country though. If you wanna compare notes on the area some time, let me know.

swamper
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Hixon and Genevieve lake are in region 7, but like Willy says, there are some nice deer in the area.

PGKris
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Alright thanks guys. We're not sure yet. Hixon has always been a fav. of mine and we know the Tako area really well. Spent a week out there bowhunting elk. Stupid elk is all I have to say about that trip. Thnx Willy will check my sources about genevieve/dunkely lake. Seems like it would be crowded back there? I'm not worried about them being in 7 or 5. Haven't filled a single tag yet.
Ride PM me if you don't mind telling me about that buck you saw. I found a couple really hot looking spots down on the Tako in september. Might head back there. This is what happens when you don't fill your big bull draw.....you got to scramble to put meat in the freezer.
KRIS