PDA

View Full Version : my sons 1st & 2nd buck 07&08

digger dogger
03-09-2009, 01:00 AM
my oldest son has been hunting with me since he was six, right from the beginning he has loved it. he has the the drive to now to look over the next hill & peek around the next corner.it wasn't easy prying him away from the quad. here is a pic of his 1st & 2nd buck. the 3x3 is from reg3. we spotted 3 bucks going up a hill side so we made our way around and above where we figured they were heading. when we got to a spot we should have seen them they weren't there, so down we go after ten mins of looking in every place we thought they could be my hunting partner spotted them bedded in a ravine. we crawled to a shooting spot, i said to my son to 1st have a look at the closest one. when he was ready i set up the gun for him to shoot off my knee as there was no other rest for him. as i watched him shake and breathe as if he had a gallon of coffee & ran a couple miles i reminded him stop breathing so hard, "picture a target not a deer".as i heard him hold his breath i waited to hear the rifle blast, & my son began to breathe again & asked me "where should i shoot him dad" i have told him over and over, just behind the shoulder in the middle. the buck was facing us. i told him to hit him right in the middle of the chest. he was off mark by about 2" which is fine by me, for a 11 year old with a bad case of buck fever. the buck never knew what happend and just slumped over. (one of my proudest moments as a parent)75 yd shot. his second buck was not so exiting but here goes. walked out of my buddies house seen the buck got him to a fence post dead buck.if the pics dont attach i'll get the better half to put them on tomorrow. i hope you like.