PDA

View Full Version : My Last day for hunting + My Hunting year

longshot
03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Well today was my last day of hunting till October. :-( It was a nice walk in the end and beautiful scenery. No shots fired today.

I think the little bit of snow that fell on the island effected the geese for us. We only saw three pairs of geese all day. The first pair flew in a total strange flight path. The second pair came our direction but showed no interest. And the third pair was strange!

The back goose wanted to commit but the front goose kept wanting to move on. Neither goose came in range. After that, we could hear geese in the distance but never saw them.

All-in-all.. a great day to be out!
__________________________________________________ ________________

This year has been my best year yet. Duck hunting was absolutely awesome! Goose hunting was really exciting and fun. Meeting lots of nice hunters and hunting with them was great. I also got more gear than I could have ever wished for. Calls and decoys for both ducks and geese. Then more calls...then more decoys! Plus all the little cool gadgets that don't I really need but are fun to use anyway. :D

But the best part of this season was I was hanging out with my dad every weekend laughing, talking, walking and doing what we both love, waterfowl hunting. Nothing can beat those cold mornings (like today.. man was it cold) sittin' with my dad. Especially during that ice age we experienced. Hunting was challenging and was something new for me. Both of us loved every minute of it. Can't wait to do it again next year!

I wish you all the best of luck for the remaining season and hope you all had a season as good as the one I did.

Cheers,

Giovanni (Longshot Junior)

porcupine
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Sounds like you had a great year and season. I wish that my dad was still around to enjoy our hunting together. I hope that you have an even better season next year.
________
volcano classic (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)

kyleklassen
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
it was a good year to be a duck hunter on the island.

huntwriter
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Well longshot your waterfowl season reflects mine. It has been a good year up here too. Went out on Friday for a day of spring goose hunting, but it was so cold that the birds stayed on the ground. We had two pairs come in and when I called the call froze up within two seconds.

It snowed quite hard here the last two days but I sure hope it will warm up so I can go out one more time before Tuesday (end of season).

03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
october?
what about the bears this summer?