PDA

View Full Version : King Optics

BCRiverBoater
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have any experience with King Optics. I have seen several advertisements on Wild TV. I am curious how they are for clarity and quality as it sure would be nice to buy Canadian rather than American. I am a true believer of the import lines line Swar, Zeiss or Leica but would like Canadian over Leupold or Vortex.

I like the 100% waterproof and bump resistant. I am curious how the top scope with built in rangefinder would work. Just looking for opinions. The prices are up there with the top lines so the product would have to be really good.

BCRiverBoater
03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Just giving this a Bump. Obviously no one has used them.

GRIZLY HUNTER
04-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Because hunting is my passion, over the years, I have purchased and own several high end scopes.
A year ago I purchased the highlander series scope from king optics, which I mounted on my 300Weatherby magnum. I am very satisfied with the technology and performance of this scope and I never regretted spending the money
I highly recommend it to anyone unfamiliar with King Optics scopes.

BCRiverBoater
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
They look very interesting but the price might scare off some people or at least push them to the Austrian/German lines.

GRIZLY HUNTER
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
If you like to have top quality gear my friend you must pay top dollar.

Singleshotneeded
04-08-2009, 10:14 PM
:smile: It's really cool to read a post by a guy who wants to support our Canadian industry. What I've heard about King Optics, admittedly
not a lot, has been very positive. I'd try their scope and compare
it with other top scopes, and buy a King if they're comparable.

wolverine
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I inquired about the Highlander series about a year or so ago and then again about a month ago. The price was down about $200. from the first time I asked about them. They look great but I would really like to look through one before I bought it. I did get a phone call from one of the reps though and he answered all my questions about the scope. I think my next one will be a King.

ibehuntin
04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I wish they would engrave the turret caps with "KING" , " KING OPTICS" or nothing. I wouldn't wan't to be the guy sitting around the campfire trying to explain to my drunken buddies why there is a KOC mounted on my rifle. :D

BCRiverBoater
04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
I would support the Canadian product if I could only see one, look through it and talk to people who have used them. They sure look like a good product and the price is comparable to all the top end optics. I am a fan of Swar so I do not mind paying for quality. I am going to have to hunt a a dealer down when in a big city this summer.

GRIZLY HUNTER
04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Guys, I spoke to the sales rep yesterday and he toll me that King optics will be at the hunting or sport show in Nanton Ab April 16
I am dressing my new blazer toy with another highlander with the fluted body as soon they are available. They are awesome scopes

sako_300
04-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Griz - Are you, by chance, the sales rep?

bearhunter338-06
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I wish they would engrave the turret caps with "KING" , " KING OPTICS" or nothing. I wouldn't wan't to be the guy sitting around the campfire trying to explain to my drunken buddies why there is a KOC mounted on my rifle. :D

If my hunting buddies where drunk around a camp fire on a hunting trip i wouldnt hunt with them.

There seams to be a lot of people that have forgoten drinking leads to stupidity.

urbanhermit
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Would be totally weird having all your sober buddies sitting around the fire staring at your KOC as well. Might be a good time to take up long distance running..!