PDA

View Full Version : wolf honey hole

ROEBUCK
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
so theres been loads of wolf sign around my area but havent seen any lately! were in bc has the highest population in your opinions?

yukon john
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Drainages by Revelstoke lake (goldstream and french) if you spend a weekend up there you will almost certainly see at least one wolf

Gunner
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Drainages by Revelstoke lake (goldstream and french) if you spend a weekend up there you will almost certainly see at least one wolfYep,anywhere from Downie to Bigmouth is crawling with them.If I had a sled I'd be taking the Foxpro up there.Are the logging roads ploughed yukon john? Gunner

yukon john
03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
the heli skiing ops keep some roads open up goldstream I believe-if a guy wanted to get a prime wolf pelt nows the time but the wolves are open through bear season nbl I belive

Gunner
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
We were in there on a grizzly draw last year and the local trapper showed us 2 caribou kills within 2k of the highway.He had about a 70lb female in the back of his truck.Took the Foxpro into the bottom of French creek and howled up a pack,but the wind was crappy,they wouldn't come in so we went back to looking for griz. Gunner

yukon john
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
ha did you by chance howl in some fellow hunters in a white ford?

moosinaround
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't know about down south, but 5-13 zones b and c are crawling with wolves and cougars!! I could not believe the sign in there this fall!! Seen lots in and around PG North and south. Had one cross in front of us hiking back to the truck, but couldn't shoot it as Noadawg would have put a 338 win mag hole in my ride!! Moosin

Gunner
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Yep,in the morning we did:lol:,went up Bigmouth from there,and came back before dark,went in the road that you guys quadded into,that's where we got the response,between there and the powerline.It sounded like 5 or 6 wolves,but they only came in to 1/2 mile or so,maybe they were looking for the ones that got snared!Did you get a draw this year? Gunner

yukon john
03-07-2009, 10:23 PM
no didnt apply I am going to try for a tag in the outfit i will be guiding for in the fall up north still might head out there in june to look at pretty goats and try for a big blackie

Gunner
03-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I've got a flyin out of Dease scheduled for Sept.1,but I have to have another round of chemo first,so I hope I'm in shape to go! I'm seriously thinkin' about takin a drive to Goldstream and trying to do my bit to save those poor caribou!Cheers,Gunner

Mik
03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Its, been about 8 yrs. since i've been in the Goldstream area,(I got stuck in there and barely made it out in a snow stoem), I can't believe the amount of wolves that you guys are talkin' about in that area.

Stillhunting
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
The last time we were in 5-13c there were at least 3 packs of wolves in the small area that we hunt. Needless to say the moose were keeping a low profile. I've seen a bunch in 6-6 as well, and had one in particular come to my moose calls 2 evenings in a row. Their numbers definitely seem to be increasing these days, but they're cool to watch if they're not surrounding you.

srupp
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM
seen several groups west of Williams LAKE on the lakes...200 yards off shore..most lakes seem to have sign this years..

cheers

Steven

SLIK
03-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I've got a flyin out of Dease scheduled for Sept.1,but I have to have another round of chemo first,so I hope I'm in shape to go! I'm seriously thinkin' about takin a drive to Goldstream and trying to do my bit to save those poor caribou!Cheers,Gunner

woah...you got a round of chemo coming and your thinking about a hunting trip? That's a kick ass attitude man, you got my respect.

Gunner
03-08-2009, 10:18 PM
woah...you got a round of chemo coming and your thinking about a hunting trip? That's a kick ass attitude man, you got my respect.This'll be my second, had the first batch just before Xmas,and I have to have another so I want it over as soon as possible so I can get back in shape for this trip.Mountain caribou are on my "Bucket List"!:biggrin: Gunner

elkhunter1
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Any Wolves in 4-28 Duncan R. ???
Got Spring G Bear draw.

SteadyGirl
03-09-2009, 06:35 AM
yay another wolf thread:roll:

Stone Sheep Steve
03-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Drainages by Revelstoke lake (goldstream and french) if you spend a weekend up there you will almost certainly see at least one wolf

The GO in there had the highest number of "wolf encounters" in the province. With the amount of moose in there it is no surprize.

Do the caribou a favour and head in there!

SSS

tuffteddyb
03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
quite a few south of williams lake too
and lots out west