PDA

View Full Version : Hunter host for goat

tikkashortmag
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi guys,
We're looking for a couple of new friends that would consider hosting a couple of Southern Alberta guys on a goat hunt some time. We'd love to return the favour. We have great mule deer hunting in the south bow/rifle and we also hunt the Atahabasca area in late November for whitetail the last few years. We also hunt other species that are common with BC. Thanks for the consideration!

Slee
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry doesnt work that way in BC.

Applicants may accompany either or both:

A non-resident - a person who is not a resident of British Columbia but who
is a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada; or,
Has his/her sole or permanent residence in Canada and has resided in Canada for the 12 month period immediately prior to the date of this application.
A non resident alien (a person who is neither a resident nor a non resident) whose relationship to the applicant falls within the following categories: Father; Mother; Spouse; Brother; Sister; Father-in-law; Son; Daughter; Mother-in-law; Uncle; Aunt; Son-in-law; Nephew; Niece; Daughter-in-law; Grandson; Granddaughter; Brother-in-law; Grandfather; Grandmother; Sister-in-law.
NOTE: “COUSIN” is NOT an accepted relationship

Slee
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/process/accompany_hunt.html#a1

Kody94
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry doesnt work that way in BC.

yep, it does....

Applicants may accompany either or both:

A non-resident - a person who is not a resident of British Columbia but who
is a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada; or,
Has his/her sole or permanent residence in Canada and has resided in Canada for the 12 month period immediately prior to the date of this application.

You can't do it for $$ or material considerations though...that would be "guiding". Trading hunts with people you don't really know is a little "greyish".

The relationship stuff is for non-resident aliens (ie. non residents of Canada).

porcupine
03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Re:Applicants may accompany either or both

I got a permit in mid 90's to accompany my brother who lives in the states. It was made very clear that you had to be with them on the hunt and within voice distance at all times. My brother took two black bears in Courtenay with his shotgun that were wrecking havoc in a corn field. The biggest squared 7' 8" and the skull measurement was 19 14/16ths and he shot it 10 corn stalks away as it was coming towards him. It weighed 340 field dressed at the butcher. The smallest squared 7' 6" and measured 19' and was shot about 25 yds away as it came out of the field. He used a 10 ga Remington Semiauto with 00 buck. It weighed 282 lb field dressed at the butcher. It was a very exciting hunt.
________
buy hot box (http://www.vaporshop.com/hotbox-vaporizer.html)

Gateholio
03-07-2009, 02:26 PM
You can't do it for $$ or material considerations though...that would be "guiding". Trading hunts with people you don't really know is a little "greyish".

I'm actually wondering how grey this is...Wouldn't trading with a stranger be considered compensation?:-?:confused:

Kody94
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm actually wondering how grey this is...Wouldn't trading with a stranger be considered compensation?:-?:confused:

Strictly speaking it isn't grey.

People have been doing it forever though. I presume its pretty tough to prove unless you are crazy enough to blab about it all over the internet...or going around the internet looking for "friends they haven't met yet" to trade a hunt with. ;)

People do make internet friends every day....so you offer to host your friend for a hunt....then new friend decides he'd like to return the favour...yadda yadda. Pretty well impossible to call that "accompanying for profit" in my book.

goatdancer
03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
If someone hunts goats with you, you will not be strangers. You will be friends.

eastkoot
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
NOTE: “COUSIN” is NOT an accepted relationship

It is in southern states, Alabama and parts of Mississippi !!!! You might not even know she's your cousin.

Slee
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
my bad, miss read it.

dana
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Many goat areas are under LEH in the province, which non-resident Canadians are not elegible to hunt. The majority of the GOS areas are GOS for a reason. Low Access and hard hard hunts. I recall on Huntshoot several years ago, one BC resident hosted an Alberta hunter that he met online and the Alberta hunter saw success but I'd say that would be far from the norm. If you do find someone willing to host ya, you'll need to find someone who has the GOS areas dialed in. Since the GOS see very little success, finding one of these guys might be pretty tuff.

Kody94
03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Many goat areas are under LEH in the province, which non-resident Canadians are not elegible to hunt. The majority of the GOS areas are GOS for a reason. Low Access and hard hard hunts. I recall on Huntshoot several years ago, one BC resident hosted an Alberta hunter that he met online and the Alberta hunter saw success but I'd say that would be far from the norm. If you do find someone willing to host ya, you'll need to find someone who has the GOS areas dialed in. Since the GOS see very little success, finding one of these guys might be pretty tuff.

True dat!......

kgriz
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Wow...are you kidding? I suppose if you only wanted to shoot a Booner a goat might be hard to find in a GOS area or if you insist on hunting in the Kootneys, but up north of PG I can't see it being a real problem...except for the usual crappy hike they're usually a gimme compared to a sheep.

kgriz
03-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh yeah, and just as a side note of conversation.....I've got big elk dialed in pretty good around PG......Ive been wanting to go go cougar hunting lately as I gave away my hound a couple of years ago....2 completely different ideas though.:cool:

Springer
03-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Yes That Hunter was succesful on Huntshoot.he shot an 8" Goat that he always wanted.Being an Alberta resident and wanting to Hunt Goats,well this is the way to go for sure and i have been hosting every other since this and I have been hosted in return for Caribou as well.
It was an education coming from the flatlands to climbing those rugged Mountains. No money changes hands or remuneration just an invite to hunt somethingelse that we cant in Alberta.
i will be hosting for Antelope this Fall but the BC resident has to still put in his Draws for it.

Good Luck hope your Hunt works for you!