PDA

View Full Version : cadomin rams

bridger
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Well I finally made it to see the cadomin rams yesterday. Wow what a sight. 70 rams in one bunch at least 60 full curls and several booners. every sheep hunter should go there. it must be like mecca for a sheep hunter. am going back in better weather and get the full tour. weather was lousy so pics are no good.

stixnstones
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
show us some pictures please.lol

Bowtime
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Do you think the Cadomin rams could ever develope lung worms like the junction Rams developed?

kootenayelkslayer
03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
No pictures?!!?

Johnny G1
03-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Those Rams are Pretty impressive, did you go and have lunch in Cadomin, Great resturant and store, would go back again just for their hamburger and maybe look for a summer place. Just my thoughts.

PGK
03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Those Rams are Pretty impressive, did you go and have lunch in Cadomin, Great resturant and store, would go back again just for their hamburger and maybe look for a summer place. Just my thoughts.

No chit! The food is as good as the rams!

Gateholio
03-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Be nice to do some photography there....I'd probably paint a picture afterwards:biggrin:

Dirty
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Be nice to do some photography there....I'd probably paint a picture afterwards:biggrin:

Finger paint?

bruin
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Would a guy be able to go in and see the sheep is the summer (june/July) or are they pretty dispersed by then?

Slee
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I have been to cadomin a few times. The rams are there all year long right on the road (mine property) There is an open sheep season all around the mine. The sheep are pretty wise to it and rarely step off the mine. They even have cameras in the woods along the mine site to watch for guys hunting the mine area.

You can also see some of the largest bull elk you have ever seen there as well. Also watch out for crazy weather. I have seen some of the largest hail storms ever at the mine. It has hailed so bad that they shut down the road and stop work at the mine.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/efdkelly/015.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/efdkelly/014.jpg

308Lover
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Was born and raised up the "Coal Branch". Yes --summer is OK too, but family groups are different--and ewes and kids are hidden in April May. You should see the massive elk that like to eat that clover mix too! Not to mention awesome deer! I didn't have the camera last year, but I'll get there.
Reclamation grasses are awesome, as is the mineral content of the soil--and a sunny slope too!

CSG
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
for those of us who arent in the know, what is the story behind te cadomin rams. Are they a transplant? in a reserve? sounds interesting

willy442
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
The Rams are in a reclaimed Coal Mine. It is private land, closed to hunting, on the Jasper Park Boundary. They come out and winter every year. About August the majority go back into the Park for the fall only to return in late October. Elk and Deer also grow to be huge in the same area. The mine is on highway 40 South of Hinton about 1/2 hour travel on paved road. I came through once in a early spring blizzard and about thirty of them were seeking shelter in the one overpass on the road. I actually had hell chasing them out of there so I could drive through.

On another note. One of the huge old Rams passed away last winter and was found by a family out quading. I sent photo's to Big Whitey's to be posted. He has not done this yet so if you are on site Gate House, ban him for awhile.:)