PDA

View Full Version : spring bear hunt

nano
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I am looking into bear hunting this spring and I just wanted to known what gear I need and how to fielddress one. Your tips would be great.

Thanks
nano

green machine
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
truck,gas,gun,knife

NaStY
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Dont forget the green garbage bags....

nano
03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
but how do you field dress a black bear.

sfire436
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
but how do you field dress a black bear.

Same as you would any other animal. I do not know if you are interested in making a rug or get the hide tanned but if you od there are many sites off of google that will show you where to make the cuts. Perhaps someone can show a link. There are also a few vids on youtube. Remember to bring a bone saw as well cause you will have to cut the paws and skull. Some people also like to wear gloves when gutting bears because of parisites and tricinosis.

sfire436.

ALPINE
03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
The same as a deer or moose etc. Have a sharp knife and start at the top work your way down. If your going to get rug or a mount there is a different way.:smile: If that is the case ask your taxidermist he/she will tell you how and where to cut. lol If you need specifics PM me and I will tell you how I do it.

jessonml
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Have a buddy to help you as it is a big job if you plan to tan it.

jessbennett
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
if you plan on getting a rug made, i reccomend just skinning the legs down to paws then cutting it off. let the taxidermist skin out the paws. also do the same for the head, its a tricky job skinning out the head if you havent done it before. turning the eyelids, ears and lips is really tricky. and doing them properly can make or break a nice rug.