PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Deer

kamloops killer
11-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Went to get my mule deer tag for doe and the guy sold me a whitetail buck tag. So where would I find whitetail any help would be nice.I did get my mule deer buck and yesterday the Little doe came home to be with the buck in the freezer true love. I will be hunting 3-19 or surrounding areas sorry bout not saying what area.
Doug

brotherjack
11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
If you're a road-trip'er, there's gobs of whitetails in the Kootenay's (region 4). I've passed up more than a dozen 3 point's so far this rifle season. Not a lot of monster whitetail around here though.

Duner
11-06-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a whitetail tag and I plan to go to Loon Lake (MU 3-30) because i have seen an increasing amount of whitetails every year. Hopefully the rut is in full swing and I can bag myself a nice freezer buck.
Good Luck

Shoey
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I have seen whitetails up O'Connor Lake FSR, not very far up the road either, although I don't know if getting one up there would be a sure thing. I've also seen one up Jamieson Creek road, but it was a while up and off a spur line.

3kills
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
go up greenstone way i hear there is lots up there..

Shoey
11-07-2005, 10:30 PM
go up greenstone way i hear there is lots up there..

I was actually just coming on here to tell you my buddy just nabbed a white tail up that way. I didn't get too many details, but it sounded like he was around Duffy Lake area.

kamloops killer
11-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the info on the whitetail been up on greenstone out past duffy and over on Paske lake side and all I seen is mule deer. So thanks I will check it out.