PDA

View Full Version : Information on griz in 5-15 area D

trapman
03-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Looking for anyone that had knowledge of hunting griz in 5-15 area D . Anything would help .Thanks Glen

Timbow
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Depends on where you want to hunt. I have lots of experience in the Swift River area. One of the largest G-bear I have ever seen was in the Swift area while out hunting spring black bear.

Cheers

trapman
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Tim didn't really have a area picked yet . Would like to get some info than pick a area Maybe you could help. I see you are from the area , I was raised by Dog creek just west of Gang ranch . I would really appreciate any info you are welling to give me THANKS

Timbow
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Glen,

I'll keep you posted with the conditions out east of Quesnel. Not sure what time you plan on going but I found either go early with snowmachine or wait till the end as the rut gets going. A lot of guys with that tag ended up eating it by holding out for the big guy.

One incident in the past had a boar killing an entire family unit that consisted of the sow and two cubs as he had something on his mind and she wasn't interested. That should give you an idea what you're up against.

Cheers

trapman
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks again Tim . I work for myself and have set it up to take 10 days off some were between April20 to the end of May What do you think? I have had a lot of experience with grizzle but mostly on the coast .Have taken One with a rifle and 3 with the bow ,than over 20 guiding. But if you don't know the area it sure does help to get any info from someone that does like yourself . So again any help you can through my way is greatly appreciated Thanks Glen

srupp
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
hmmm after guiding in that area and hunting it for 30 years..it all depends on the SLIDES...this year in that area had INCREDIBLE amounts of snow which is GREAT news for bear hunters as the slides WILL create THE ONLY food source for the big bears..those south facing slopes will be bear MAGNETS..

ACCESS will be the issue..getting from the open roads to the slides..get there and you will get a bear....

cheers

Steven

Timbow
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Slides are great, but what if the area has none? That's what you're dealing with in the Swift drainage, very limited in slides. To hunt the slides you may have to go to the Cunningham - Ghost lake area. I'm not sure if your area encloses it. And once again, access will be not be on your side.

trapman
03-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi Tim Cunningham is in my area . The north east side of swift river is also . I have snowmobile and quads .Might bring one of each just in case Thanks again for your time