PDA

View Full Version : kluane mountaineering sleeping bags

ruttinbuck
03-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Anyone own or have first hand account on these bags.They look like quality.RB
http://www.kluane.ab.ca/sleeping_bags.htm

open-sights
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I like how they have made no appologies for using superior quality products despite the greater expense, I am gonna look at one for myself. Thanks for the website.

BCRiverBoater
03-01-2009, 12:19 PM
They look like quality bags for sure.

I have used another Canadian bag for sheep hunting for years and I also know many that use them.

https://www.taigaworks.ca/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=318

You can add or reduce the amount of down over the phone. You can add the "dry-loft" outer layer to any bag to make them nearly waterproof. I also asked for a barrel style bag in the top style as I hate mummy bags. I will pack the extra 8 oz to avoid the crampy style of the mummy bag.
I personally know about 6 local people using them for about 10 years and there is not one complaint. They are as close to waterproof as possible, very warm, very light and last forever. The price is also right. I believe mine was right around the $500 Canadian mark and it was their best bag with all possible options. Back then they only had a 700 loft and I added 100 to make it 800 total and added the dry-loft material and made it a barrel.

Check them all out for different applications. Their products are very, very durable and are cheaper than any of the competition.

Slee
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
BCRiverBoater,

How well does it breath?

Rackmastr
03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I have really considered the Taiga bags....they are on my list of considerations for sure.

tuchodi
03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
I have a Taiga Dryloft which I have used for about 15 years now. It is still as warm as when I bought it and I have had it cleaned twice. I believe when I bought mine there was only one bag with the name Dryloft now I see there are a number of differant ones to chose from. I believe mine was rated good to -15 and in most cases for mountain and fall hunting it has been more that warm enough.

BCRiverBoater
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
BCRiverBoater,

How well does it breath?

I find it breathes well. It is a very warm bag and I am a warm sleeper. I find most times in the fall I have it unzipped and open as I usually over heat. Of course if you were a light layer it seems to be better than bare skin.

The best bag I have used by far and it is cheaper than all top of the line bags.