PDA

View Full Version : Boot Sizing

CanuckShooter
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Am I nuts or are boot sizes shrinking??? My old hunting boots were sz 12, the last ones I bought sz13....and now, believe it or not I had a hard time squeezing into 13s while trying some new boots on? WTHeck is going on here? Anyone else having this problem? I have a hard time finding boots that fit as it is without them shrinking the darn things down.

Dannybuoy
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah , I noticed I have gone up a size as well ....

johnes50
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Your feet are getting bigger. I used to wear size 12's and now I wear 14's too. It's tough finding boots and shoes that fit.

CanuckShooter
03-01-2009, 07:57 AM
I thought they were growing also, but my old ski boots still fit?? 12 days and I head down to Cabelas in Washington to look for new boots, they should have a little larger stock than most of the stores I usually deal with around here?

Slee
03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
guys with big feet have big...........

As long as the "other" thing is growing as fast as your feet Who cares!!! ;)

I was actualy thinking they were going the other way. A few years ago I use to wear size 10 now im a size 9 in most boots

huntwriter
03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Am I nuts or are boot sizes shrinking??? My old hunting boots were sz 12, the last ones I bought sz13....and now, believe it or not I had a hard time squeezing into 13s while trying some new boots on? WTHeck is going on here? Anyone else having this problem? I have a hard time finding boots that fit as it is without them shrinking the darn things down.

I have been wondering the same thing over the years. For me it used to be size 8 with room to spare for a double layer of socks. Over the last two to three years my feet fit just comfortably, no room to spare, into a number ninem sometimes a ten.:shock: However, my older boots in size 8 are still the same therefore it can’t be the feet that changed.

johnes50
03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, with the Chinese making everything, I'm not surprised about the different sizes now. They must be making size 12 boots and calling them size 14, and for women they make size 14 clothes and call them size 6.:smile: