PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Advice for 7-29

TriggerMag
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Received an LEH for 7-29, never been there, don't know were to go, any advice?

TriggerMag
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I can't believe nobody has any info on this area?????

TM

beastman
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I cant believe you put in for a tag in area you know nothing about...then you act suprised when nobody tells you.
Do your homework and go find a grizz.......good luck....bring a magnum.

CanuckShooter
02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Go buy yourself a backroads mapbook..and then go into 7-29. :shock:

mcrae
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Try Google Earth as well. It will help to give you a lay of the land to at least help you pick areas to check out...

bushguy
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I cant believe you put in for a tag in area you know nothing about...then you act suprised when nobody tells you.
Do your homework and go find a grizz.......good luck....bring a magnum.

PPPFFFFTTTTTT,,lmao.Good one!

moosinaround
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I can't believe nobody has any info on this area?????

TM
I don't mind throwing a bone out there once in a while, but man since these grizz LEH's have come out there has been a LOT of I need some info....anyone got any info......Where should I go?.......??????????? Come on guys, a little research, check a few maps, Google earth it, I mean at least know where the closest hospital is for crying out loud, It is a Grizzly bear, not a teddy bear!!! Research it, rough out a plan, then ask for supplemental info from the members here. Don't ask for handouts!! Lots of guys applyed for the MU you won the draw for, and they more than likely had a plan in mind if they won, you should do the same! Good luck, I do sincerely hope you bag a Grizz up there. Check out along the Manson and Nation Rivers. The western boundary of 7-29 is the mountain range height of land. Check out south facing slopes and slides along this range. Google earth shows very good aspect shots, correspond them with a good map and hunt away! There bone thrown, by the way Mackenzie Hospital only has locum Doctors, so make sure you take a first aid kit! Moosin

bushguy
02-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Seriously, if you dont mind hiking a bit I'd throw on a pack and head west to the Nass valley area,some nice bears in there.BIG blacks too.

ve7iuq
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
The old placer miners coined a famous phrase. Gold is where you find it!
Same applies to grizzlies.

TriggerMag
02-28-2009, 09:03 AM
The reason i don't know anything about the AREA is, it is a substitute hunt that I received I originally put in for region 4, and now I have been authorized for region 7-29.

Thanks for any help guys.

mntman
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
pm sent......

The MAN
02-28-2009, 12:09 PM
That area is quite vast, head over the cosway and the 20km mark is a good area, the nation is good as mentioned before, curve lake isn't too bad but lots of wolves up there as well...basically what type of hunting are you going to do, hike, road, etc. come into factor as well, that entire area is packed full of them, just get off the mains.

moosehunter21
03-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I was pokin around up there yesterday and the snow is still pretty deep. But as others said the nation is a good spot. I will try and keep you updated on the snowpack and such as iam in that area almost on the weekly and live in mackenzie! Have fun and good luck!

elkhunter1
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Any info on Snow in 4-28 Duncan River,???
Thank,s