PDA

View Full Version : bears lurking about

Sikanni Stalker
11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Are you guys around Prince George still seeing bears around? I haven't seen any for a few weeks now and winter is officially upon us here in Fort so I guess the bears will be pretty scarce here.

I still have a tag left and I think i'll head to the Pass and towards Prince this weekend

Gus
11-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I haven't seen any myself for a few weeks now, but do see there tracks here and there. I think they're still about but might be tuff to find. I have seen bears as late as November long weekend and up in past years.

Ride
11-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah there is the odd one out and about still. but not for long.

shortroot
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Haven't seen any in PG for a couple weeks, was seeing 2-3 each time I went out prior to that.

Was in region 5-6 last weekend and bumped into two grizz. Somone bagged a blackie a couple days earlier, hide was in a local dump.

Good luck finding a blackie, they'll be few and far between right now.

Sikanni Stalker
11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
yup, I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you know how it goes....

Ltbullken
11-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Still about in the Kamloops area. Look around mature cut blocks with lots of vegetation.

Going out to look for one this weekend.

talver
11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
anyone know if the black bears will stillbe out in 5 02 c during the long weekend in november?

Marc
11-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Still lots around on the Island :mrgreen:

Tarp Man
11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Come to the valley! They are as thick as your northern mosquitos. Winter here means four months of drizzle, blowing rain and the occaional overcast period. Wait... that sounds like blacktail hunting!
-Tarp Man

MRBucks
11-05-2005, 03:12 PM
A week ago there was a very big grizz, leaving gargantous droppings, and tracks too damn close to our camp. We were in the Vanderhoof area.

Fred
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I saw a big one at the West side of the Hope Slide on Friday on my way to Princeton. He was walking uphill on the old section of highway. Fred

PGKris
11-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Saw one last night. Still out in the snow....almost ice fishin time

Steeleco
11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Come to the valley! They are as thick as your northern mosquitos. Winter here means four months of drizzle, blowing rain and the occaional overcast period. Wait... that sounds like blacktail hunting!
-Tarp Man

Like I said before, the harder I look the less I see. I have beat the valley silly looking for a bruin, no luck. I saw a pepperoni bear in the spring doing 100k the other way, NADA since. I must have an ora that tells them I'm coming.

It is good to see that some of you guys are still seeing them, especially up north?? Still a chance yet.

Ken
11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Last November I was hunting deer in a oat field that didnt get harvested, anyhow it was a bear magnet. There was several bears feeding on the oats trying to fatten up. If you know of any farmers that grow oats it might be a good place to look.