PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Hunting?

ewiebehunter
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Looking for some tips on hunting them, what caliber to use,good areas on the main land etc.

mark
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
So very simple, road hunt in may, pick a big one, make a good shot, keep shooting til it stops running!

358win
02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
A hint on your general location will help.

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Looking for some tips.

Pretty vague.
Need more info.

Tips on 'what' exactly. :smile:

Bugsy
02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
First thing you need is a Gienormouse Magnum:twisted:!
At least thats the rumor.Hahaha.Bugsy:-D.

Will
02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
First thing you need is a Gienormouse Magnum:twisted:!
At least thats the rumor.Hahaha.Bugsy:-D.
Nice to see you're still lurking on here ! :grin:

Looking for some tips on hunting them, what caliber to use,good areas on the main land etc.

Try searching the forums...there is a plethora of Black Bear info on here for the inspired Bear chaser !

If your looking for some good Bear spots near the interior...drop me a PM.

bsa30-06
02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
This subject should be made a annuall spring time sticky.

Don_Abbate
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
me and a buddie wer hunting moose up north, he dropped a black bear with a 270 weatherby mag dropped where it stood

Blainer
02-26-2009, 10:14 PM
So very simple, road hunt in may, pick a big one, make a good shot, keep shooting til it stops running!I do have to agree.
There seems to be alot of threads regarding black bear hunting,and they are honestly one of the easiest animals to hunt.
Wait for snow to melt,head out in late afternoon,glass some clearcuts,look at 6 or so bear and then shoot the big ba$tard feeding on the side of the road.

FlyingHigh
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I do have to agree.
There seems to be alot of threads regarding black bear hunting,and they are honestly one of the easiest animals to hunt.
Wait for snow to melt,head out in late afternoon,glass some clearcuts,look at 6 or so bear and then shoot the big ba$tard feeding on the side of the road.

i must be driving the wrong roads. i only saw one bear last year, and i wasn't hunting at the time.

Dirty
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM
i must be driving the wrong roads. i only saw one bear last year, and i wasn't hunting at the time.

If you cannot find bears while hunting in BC, you should not be hunting. The things are like vermin. Shooting them is another story.