PDA

View Full Version : BC Grizzly Guides?

Dirty
02-24-2009, 08:37 PM
What are the best outfits for Grizzly hunting in BC? I have a friend looking to do a guided grizzly hunt in BC and he wants me to do some of the leg work for him.

Dirty

Rackmastr
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Depends on the type of hunt he wants I guess......

My buddy Aaron has had a VERY high success of good beautiful grizz in the past couple years and is worth talkin to probably.....

He is the owner of Fredlund Guide Service and can be found online. Not sure if Marc likes links to other sites on here or not, so I wont post it unless I know its okay to do so....

Dirty
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I am thinking big bears and high chance of success. For this reason I am thinking Coastal Bears.

#1fishslayer
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Im not sure if this fellow guides residents or just non residents. Les Allen of Northern Woodsman Outfitting ltd. I worked with les for a short time maney years ago. He is a verry smart man who loves what he does. He has a website just type it in your search engine. Not coastal but he gets BIG bears.

bayou
02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
The outfitter outa revelstoke has taken some nice size bears and mayhave better chance of nicer hides then the coastal bears.

proguide66
02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
' Jack Goodwin' ' Northwest Big game Adventures'......Tatshenshini...this IS the shit.....saw 14 grizz my first day up there...they get 10 ftr's to.....good dude.....coastal blood there as well.

yukon john
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
go north young man and go west Guy Anttila

showtimebc
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
I forget the guy who has the coastal area around Kitimat, but I've been hunting in his area and have seen 10+ grizz a day in there. See more grizz than anything else.

My friend who drew an LEH in there, got an 8 ft bear from nose to base of tail. It was first thing in the morning, just getting light... I walked out from our camp to take my morning leak and saw this bear walking down the road towards me 90 yards away. Waved to my friend and game over. Easiest grizz hunt ever.

showtimebc
02-25-2009, 12:24 AM
oh I think this outfitter has a 2-3 year waiting list for his grizz hunts. from what I last heard. Can't think of his name right now... it will come to me.

showtimebc
02-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Ron Flemming from Love Bros and Lee. Been in his area, great area, and see bears everyday aswell. Great people to hunt with! Family operation. Highly recommended!

Big Bucks
02-25-2009, 01:09 AM
www.domecreekoutfitters.com (http://www.domecreekoutfitters.com) good bears there

GoatGuy
02-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I forget the guy who has the coastal area around Kitimat, but I've been hunting in his area and have seen 10+ grizz a day in there. See more grizz than anything else.

My friend who drew an LEH in there, got an 8 ft bear from nose to base of tail. It was first thing in the morning, just getting light... I walked out from our camp to take my morning leak and saw this bear walking down the road towards me 90 yards away. Waved to my friend and game over. Easiest grizz hunt ever.

You might be talking about Bob Milligan. He kills some big bears.

GoatGuy
02-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Im not sure if this fellow guides residents or just non residents. Les Allen of Northern Woodsman Outfitting ltd. I worked with les for a short time maney years ago. He is a verry smart man who loves what he does. He has a website just type it in your search engine. Not coastal but he gets BIG bears.

Wouldn't recommend.

GoatGuy
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
' Jack Goodwin' ' Northwest Big game Adventures'......Tatshenshini...this IS the shit.....saw 14 grizz my first day up there...they get 10 ftr's to.....good dude.....coastal blood there as well.

That's what I've heard as well.

bruin
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Canadian Mountain Outfitters (sold last year) has some big fall moutain grizz they hunt on the berry patches. Good success rates. I don't know anything about the new outfitter.

jessbennett
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't recommend.

bad experience??

Jed
02-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Monashee Outfitting

GoatGuy
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
bad experience??

Know a bunch of the old guides and clients. :smile:

David Heitsman
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Robert Milligan at Coastal Mountain Outfitters consistantly does well in the books. The pictures sure look good too!

Dirty
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I was thinking Coastal Mountain Outfitters after seeing some pictures last year.

44inchStone
02-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Mountain Grizzly hunting really took a tole on the old bones. Compared to a Coastal hunt and my personal experiences it all in your preferences. Do you plan on walking tidal flats or climbing cliffs and slides that border heaven. Coastal or mountain there are plenty of great areas and great outfitts. It's all up to you.
The Lancasters have some EXCELLENT mountain grizzlies in Kawdy country, many shown in their videos. It's hard to compare. Go BIG or Go Home!!!!

BCbillies
02-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I would agree with "44inch". Does your friend have a preference on the type of hunt? Most of Bob's (Coast Mountain) grizz will be taken on the tidal flats and on the creeks. More of a wet and sloppy hunt and can end rather quickly with a very short stalk and a hair raising experience. . . but potential for a big dark bear is good. While his area has alpine grizz they will be a tougher hunt and fewer bears as most of the bears will be down feeding along the salmon streams. Bob knows how to get er done with grizz. I don't believe they hunt many bears in the alpine unless it is a goat/grizz combo. If the hunter prefers the romance of the high country and a light coloured bear then look elsewhere.

open-sights
02-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Packhorse Creek, Nutini and Beranek in the Flathead. Would be my first choice if I ever wanted a big black Mtn Griz. They have a website, http://www.packhorsecreek.com/ not sure if thats legal to post, I am not affiliated at all, I know the owners but that can be said for 2/3rds of all the guide outfitters. Feel free to delete the website if it violates any forum rules.