PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Problems

Byson
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
dam skunks are back last year i tried mothballs sraying emonia, i stuck my last falls deerhead with the rack attached in the back yard and didnt see any skunks after that but the bug got my eropean mount almost clean now and the critters are back. i was wodering if cougar urine or something would get rid of them i would love to jut shoot the *******s but live in a residental area don;t need to get myself into trouble so i would like to scare the suckers off thanks.

NaStY
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Run up behind them and yell,

BOO!

boxhitch
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
If you can run up behind them, and step on the tail, they can't spray. Hold it down to the ground while you grab the critter behind the head and with the other hand scoop the hind end, keeping the tail pinched down.
But keep that tail down tight ! or he will get you.

Chuck
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
You can build youself a box trap that catches them alive - they won't spray when inside. Transport it somewhere safe and release it - you can then dispatch it if you so choose. I use the old .410. Need plans for the trap? PM me your mail address and I'll send you some asap.

02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
dam skunks are back last year i tried mothballs sraying emonia, i stuck my last falls deerhead with the rack attached in the back yard and didnt see any skunks after that but the bug got my eropean mount almost clean now and the critters are back. i was wodering if cougar urine or something would get rid of them i would love to jut shoot the *******s but live in a residental area don;t need to get myself into trouble so i would like to scare the suckers off thanks.

Shooting them can be very messy affair.

Ddog
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
ya go ahead and grab em,,hold the tail down,,,lol they wont spray out but they will spray down, trust me..i have done it just to see if it actually works, little bugger still leaked and stunk up the whole neighborhood, so after that i just live trapped em then covered the live trap with a blanket and released em in the bushes a few miles away.

ve7iuq
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
I killed quite a few skunks before I found out how to do it without them smelling, not even a bit.
I sneaked up behind them and blew their heads off with a shotgun!
Terrible smell.
Then (me bad) I forgot to pull up a leg hold trap until fall. There was the skeleton of a skunk in it, but there was no smell, and this was only fifty yards from the house, so there never had been a smell from it.
Got thinking. Skunk didn't let loose at the trap going off, will try something.
Then (me bad again) they were hard to get around the chicken pen, so set a leg hold again. Went out in the morning, no smell, but skunk caught.
Twenty yards away, no smell. Waited until just right, then carefully shot a 22 short, sideways into ribs. Very slight flinch, but no smell. Came back later, burried skunk, no smell.
Did it several times and never a bit of smell.

SLIK
03-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Around christmas time, I was chatting with my grandma and she started telling me about how she dealt with the skunks back on the farm.

"Those skunks would eat my veggies in the garden. I couldn't let that happen so I'd trap em, then I'd shoot em with my 22, then I'd soak em in diesel fuel and set em on fire........."

She's 81 and still got her wits. She's just from that era eh :)

358win
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Lot's of Beer & chilli the day before, then crawl around with them 'n show them who's boss..

Boy were not much help are we...

quackquackbang
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
All i have to say is:shock::shock::shock: have fun!!! id rather role around in crap all day then get srayed by one!!!

hunter1947
03-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Live trap them and take them for a ride.

Afer you get one in the trap put a garbage bag over the trap and this will settle the skunk down ,make sure you stay clear of the hind end of the skunk when putting the bag over the trap.

When transporting to a release area use a truck to put the skunk in the back box ...

gamehunter6o
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I have laughed all the way through this thread.
It reminded me of Smelly Halpin at school. He stunk like hell and my mates and I had one hell of a job trying to get rid of him too.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tooty
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
A buddy was driving down the road with his wife.Up the road ahead they saw something,when they slowed down they could see that it was a baby skunk.His wife said we have to help him,so in the car it went with them.The little guy was real cold so buddy said tuck him up between your legs...his wife said but what about the smell?Don't worry said buddy,just plug his little nose.