PDA

View Full Version : Poacher charged 4 thousand bucks

Bowzone_Mikey
02-24-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.opinion250.com/blog/view/12174/1/illegal+hunt+costs+%244%2c000?

TIKA 300
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
OUCH !!!!

Hope none of us make that move willingly or as a mistake......

If it was willingly,throw the book @ em

I LOVE the fact the core has to be taken again.... Kudos to the BC gov

hunterofthedeer
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
good he deseves everything he gets no wonder people think of us hunters as bad people

Rubicon500
02-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Thats a slap in the face, they should start taking poaching seriously in this province. Rigth now its a bloody joke. Fine the basstards 50g's, torch his vehicle, beat him with his own rifle and make him learn his lesson. Wonder what dickhead that shot the cranker ram out of Golden will get beside a slap on the wrist? Sick of these dishonest fuucks.

rocksteady
02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
At least $4000 is better than a few years ago where he would have got nothing....

Maybe not the greatest fine in the world but still better than probation and "community service"....

TIKA 300
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
At least $4000 is better than a few years ago where he would have got nothing....

Maybe not the greatest fine in the world but still better than probation and "community service"....

Cost him $6500.00,cuz he had to forfiet the rifle,and the retake on the core should now be $5000.00

jeeper
02-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Not anywhere harsh enough !

Got away with a wrist slap !

Bruce

Pete
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I have had to teach several individuals like this in the past. It should be noted that he has to take the full course. He cannot challange.

moosehunter21
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Atleast is was something!

Muleycatcher
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
good to hear that they have at least upped the max. fine and jail time.

6 K
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Would have prefered to see a higher fine and even some time in the concreate hotel but, it is higher than the past so maybe we are getting through to the justice system just a little.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I think the punishment fit the crime. People should be more concerned about buying enough rope to hang drug dealers and gang bangers.

guntech
02-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Well his two deer cost him $4000 and his $2500 rifle and a lot of hassle before he ever has a license again. That is a fair loss for a couple of deer.

I am surprised he had no bears.

Angel
02-25-2009, 11:05 AM
ya i agree. decent punishment for the crime. i think he should have been banned longer tho.

chilcotin hillbillyI think the punishment fit the crime. People should be more concerned about buying enough rope to hang drug dealers and gang bangers.

couldnt agree more. we need to go back to the days of public hangin's for these drug dealers and gang bangers. Got to make a stand and prove a point or they will walk over everyone and get away with anything.

ultramafic
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I saw this same story on a link to the province newspaper web site, found it rather interested. The part I found even more interesting was the comments made by "Readers" at the end of the page after the store... You guys gotta read some of these "Opinions"

Don't forget to click the "ALL" button at the bottom of the page so you can see the rest and some of the more interesting opinions.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/story.html?id=1325309

Hope the link works...

Mike

goatdancer
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Poachers should forfeit everything that was used to perpetrate the act, including vehicles. Good to see they tagged him for 4Gs but having to walk home would have been added incentive to obey the law.

codykarey
02-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I cant believe some of the comments on there. Its amazing how ignorance can fuel such hatred t'ward hunters...on top of that, huw IGNORANT some people are. My god. wish I could ring the necks of some of those fools. the comment that REALLY grinds my gears was the if you arent shooting children, you shouldnt be shooting animals comment. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I really let 'er rip with a comment of my own...hope it makes it to the list. man o man that gets my blood boiling.

Be sure to cfheck out the link to the Province, whoah, thats some seriously aggrivating stuff. :-S

mpotzold
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
The fellow probably had a clean record so it could have been his 1st offence. IMO The punishment fits the crime if that was the case. If caught 2nd time then -“Throw The Book At” him!
Interesting link re: expected fines for recent hunting infractions- http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/compliancereport.html (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/compliancereport.html)

kyleklassen
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
if the guy just needed to kill stuff why didn't he do it around home? he's from vancouver.. you don't have to go to FSJ to poach a doe do you?

Sasquatch
02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
It should be noted that he has to take the full course. He cannot challange.

That has got to be more painful than a fine.

brianscott
02-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I thought they ate dogs, cats, and the occasional coyote:eek:;)

Better than nothing, but still not enough.
Betcha he some sore about that $2500 Rifle, I would have siezed the truck and make him bus his ass home.

I would have stuck the barrel of his gun in the reciever hitch of his truck and turned it into a horseshoe right in front of him.

Its time to get tough on people like that.

elker
02-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Come on, this guy has got enough punishment: 6500 dollars fine, court fee, lawyer fee, public humiliation, record for life, 2yrs ban, 2nd CORE....

We have hundreds of poachers in BC. He should not bear all the sins committed by others who have successfully escaped

winbuckhunter
02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I Think He Shoulda Got More Of A Fine!!! Thats Bs

Greenhead
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Why do they get us all excited with there maximums of $500K and 18 years of prison, and then never apply it? If they sent a few guys to jail, it might slow them down a bit? They are just talkin out of there bum, and no poachers are scared of them.............
Sad.

hunterofthedeer
02-26-2009, 09:59 AM
goatdancer i agree that pochers should forfeit everything that was use in the crime

drakfero
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
In my opinion, the good punishment is 1/3 of his last year earnings. What a punishment it would be if you get 6500 and you make 100 000 a year? You would try it again.. I can not forget a chinees guy poaching on fish. I saw him to have 2 dead chinooks (about 80 cm and 8-9kg) on him and I told him its last day for fishing for them and CO may come to check. His replied: " too much thinkin' , too much thinkin'.. my son on UBC aso bla bla..". He left ahead of me and when I came to the road , there was an officer giving him a shit :) I waited for him (CO) to ask , if he did give him fine. He could not. Chinees guy was with some children and they do not have to have a licence. The sadest was that the older child ,4 year old girl, was telling a story to CO how she got that spring on the shore.

elker
02-26-2009, 08:14 PM
In my opinion, the good punishment is 1/3 of his last year earnings. What a punishment it would be if you get 6500 and you make 100 000 a year? You would try it again.. I can not forget a chinees guy poaching on fish. I saw him to have 2 dead chinooks (about 80 cm and 8-9kg) on him and I told him its last day for fishing for them and CO may come to check. His replied: " too much thinkin' , too much thinkin'.. my son on UBC aso bla bla..". He left ahead of me and when I came to the road , there was an officer giving him a shit :) I waited for him (CO) to ask , if he did give him fine. He could not. Chinees guy was with some children and they do not have to have a licence. The sadest was that the older child ,4 year old girl, was telling a story to CO how she got that spring on the shore.

quite confusing to me. If that was the last day of the season, then they should be allowed to fish. What is wrong with fishing the last day of the season?

husky30-06
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
poachers should also get a kick in the nuts for every dollar charged....... FAIR... is it not??????

mpotzold
02-27-2009, 01:17 AM
poachers should also get a kick in the nuts for every dollar charged....... FAIR... is it not??????

What if the poacher is a she??:)

ELKOHOLICBC
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about re-taking the core program, poachers should loose thier licence for life. They don't deserve the priviledge to hunt. I agree throw the book at all poachers.

Kye
02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
At least he got caught. I hate to think of the number of these guys getting away with this stuff. They only catch a few. I remember from a while ago the guys comming back from pemberton (whistler?) with dead pregnant does in their car. They wanted the fetuses.

hunter11
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
This guys a joke. But I would bet he also poaches bears for their gall blader. They eat that shit. First of all where the hell is his hunting morals and the theory of a "fair chase". What a LOSER.Get a life dude.:mad:

Singleshotneeded
03-02-2009, 01:16 AM
:smile: I was going to add my .02 but Hunter11 said it perfectly...thanks!