PDA

View Full Version : Tracerknocks or?

Riverjet
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I have been looking for recommendations on what type of lighted knocks are the best.
Tracer's are getting the best reports.
Seems the Lumi's are not well liked.

What are your recommendations and reports?

jrjonesy
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I just got Firenocks for Xmas. I found they were getting very good reviews. Practiced with them a few times so far and they work fine.

bochunk2000
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I have tried the tracers and I was totally unimpressed. I have used the Luminocks Many times and They have yet to fail me. I find they increase the idea of how the shot went. You can see right where the shot disappeared into the chest. The tracers failed a few times in one 3d shoot. This is just my oppinion but the luminocks are great.
Steve

Bowzone_Mikey
02-22-2009, 05:21 PM
the only bad thing I heard about Lumis is the price

heard many bad things about most other breeds of lighted nocks .... mostly failing to light up.

they are really cool for video hunts ... other than that I hate them ... the make me have to work (ie: re tune my bow to shoot them properly)

The Hermit
02-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Not sure what they were called but I bought some that needed a small magnet to activate and deactivate... they suck donkey balls. Using Luminocks and they are better but not perfect... they work about 75% of the time and when they do they are great.

bochunk2000
02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Not sure what they were called but I bought some that needed a small magnet to activate and deactivate... they suck donkey balls. Using Luminocks and they are better but not perfect... they work about 75% of the time and when they do they are great.
One thing to note with the 75% effectiveness is that you shoot a trad bow if I remember right. This might accaount for not having enough "snap" to drive in the nock. My 2c only.
Steve

Bow Walker
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
I've seen Liminocks in action and they look great. I don't own any myself, but I think they're a good idea.