PDA

View Full Version : McKinney Creek Adventures Cottage

MuleyMadness
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
So we are trying to plan our friends batchelor party and were thinking about taking 3 or 4 day trip to McKinney Creek Adventures Cottage. We're all avid hunters and we're thinking this might be a good choice for us. A couple of questions for anyone who knows the area and/or the cottage. First it doesn't have to be luxury, but is it reasonably nice, clean, and well located for hunting (btw is it in 8-1 or 8-12 it's hard to tell from the site). Second how is he game in the area? We all hunt deer, elk, and moose and aren't expecting a shooting gallery but would like to go somewhere with decent numbers. We were thinking Oct 15 - 20 or so to catch the end of the moose and elk seasons. So please let me know what you all think good and bad, and any tips for the area too. :smile:

Byson
02-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I stayed there 2years ago seen lots of Deer there i was in mid november olny whitetails were open i wished i went a week early. The House is nice full kitchen brbq outside big family room lots, bedrooms could easly put up a big crew of hunters. i almost cooked my friend out of the house with that wood furnace i would go there again

boatdoc
02-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Stayed there for a week last Nov/Dec.Great place to stay, clean and all the amenities. Lots of deer in the area, lots of hunters too during rifle season. Jason was helpfull with area info. I look forward to going again.
I bet you will have a great time there.

spock
02-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I've stayed there twice now, nice cabin/house, really nice people to deal with. That's my primary hunting area, good numbers of deer in the area, but I really wouldn't get my hopes up on a spike fork moose or a six point elk, a few get taken each year but legal animals are few and far between.

MuleyMadness
02-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Yeah I expect it's like anywhere that has a spike fork moose season. Just like here (region 3), I think in let's say the last 10 years I have maybe seen what would be 2 legal bulls, out of hunting season of course lol. Thanks for the info all, keep it coming folks. Incidentally, how far is it from Osoyoos?

spock
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I would guess by the time you drove down the back road you'd be looking at about 40-45 minutes from Osoyoos.

ruger#1
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
This place is in 8-12 , http://www.grouseridgebb.com/ Ask for Wilf. Deer elk turkeys and moose close by.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
02-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey Guys,

Have not been on for a while, but found this discussion on our place.

MM, I assume that was you I chatted with on the phone the other day. If there is any other questions, dont hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for all your good comments on our cabin/ house. We try hard to provide the most comfortable stay, and success.

Osoyoos is 25 minutes West on hwy. 3.

Pertaining to the elk and moose, actually the numbers here are pretty good and getting better every year of course. For whatever reason, I think it was the unusually warm fall, success of all ungulates was down over the norm for our area. I usually hear of a dozen or more bull elk taken yearly, and alot are friends or people I know personally. My luck is not been good for bulls, but I have taken three cows during the LEH winter seasons for managing the herds. As for the moose, believe what you want, luck or no luck, but I have taken 6 spike/forks in the last 7 years in Region 8. Granted one was on the way out of the bush one day after work, all others were pursued, called in, sounded, tracked, what have you. It is worth while spending the time to find these critters and going after them. Genetics definitely works in you favour when you find an area where they are more common.

We are in 8-12, and 10 minutes from 8-1, and we have all the game here too. Currently the only thing showing up on the property is the odd grouse, and two tom turkeys daily. Hopefully one will be in my freezer April 15th.

Take care and hopefully we will see some of you during the hunting seasons.

MCA

Getbent
11-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Anyone know if these guys are still around?

Jagermeister
11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone know if these guys are still around?I am not sure, but one of the people was pretty sick.
However, you can try any of these methods to see if you can get some information.
250-446-2035 | Fax. 250-446-2753. Email. mail@mckinneycreek.com

ruger#1
11-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Grouse ridge , is closed. Due to a death in the family.

Getbent
11-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys, sorry to hear that