PDA

View Full Version : Tactics for Bobcats

frenchbar
02-20-2009, 09:04 PM
After seeing a lot of bobcats this winter in the area ,im thinking of getting into it next winter and try hunting them .whatsthe best way to go about it .set up a call near openings and sit and wait .what works best..
Glen.

proguide66
02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
After seeing a lot of bobcats this winter in the area ,im thinking of getting into it next winter and try hunting them .whatsthe best way to go about it .set up a call near openings and sit and wait .what works best..
Glen.
I'm no expert , but after feeding dozens of em for a few yrs I can tell you this...they LOVE swamps , creek beds , river shores with choked willow and hardwoods..or very young growth in logged off areas...set up where they have to reveal themselves to go down wind of you , squeel a distressed rabbit call....you will soon tire of shooting bobcats!:wink:

Dirty
02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Shoot them with a 300 win mag. They are dangerous game.

BlacktailStalker
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Shrill mouse squeaks work well from what I've heard.

shoot to kill
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Shoot them with a 300 win mag. They are dangerous game.

ya just dont scope yourself, thats taking your harry potter fanaticism to a new level, enjoy your new lightning bolt scar.

Mr. Dean
02-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I got one come out to a medley of 'tunes' last Wednesday. He didn't come right out but held in the scrub-line. Woulda been an easy shot. :rolleyes:

I was flippin' through the Cotton tail distress, meadowlark, and Rodent distress calls on a Prey Master digi caller. I'll be definitely trying this again.

Just so you know, I have very limited experience doing this. This cat came around on my 5th attempt of trying to muster something up, since I got into the game. Call this post what you will, bit don't take it as sound advice. :wink:

frenchbar
02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I got one come out to a medley of 'tunes' last Wednesday. He didn't come right out but held in the scrub-line. Woulda been an easy shot. :rolleyes:

I was flippin' through the Cotton tail distress, meadowlark, and Rodent distress calls on a Prey Master digi caller. I'll be definitely trying this again.

Just so you know, I have very limited experience doing this. This cat came around on my 5th attempt of trying to muster something up, since I got into the game. Call this post what you will, bit don't take it as sound advice. :wink:
sounds good mr dean ,any advice is muchly appreciated,going to look at some calls today in Kamloops.

houndogger
02-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Good bobcat dog would work the best:razz:

SHAKER
02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Hound dog them up! More fun then sitting on you butt waiting for something to come to you.

boxhitch
02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
I got one come out to a medley of 'tunes' .......

I was flippin' through the Cotton tail distress, meadowlark, and Rodent distress calls ....

..... bit don't take it as sound advice. :wink:
Sound advice hhahahhahha