PDA

View Full Version : Elk Help.....

srupp
02-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Tim and I are headed north to DAWSON CREEK for our LEH antlerless elk draw hunt this SUNDAY 22 FEB. the contacts we "had" non have any elk and havnt seen any for "weeks" does anyone have some contacts or updated information???
Also Corlanes ph # is not working did they close???

any help would be very much appreciated..we did have some contacts but with the snow gone and warm weather..no elk...

Thank you..hmmmm there would be some delicious moose Italian breakfast sausages AND some GERMAN dinner sausages for some help..:eek:;)

Thanks in advance...

cheers

Steven Rupp

BCRiverBoater
02-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I would suggest talking with Elkdom. He is a Dawson local and knows where the elk are. The few areas I knew of are all barren of elk. The feed is fine on the public land so the elk have been staying out of the farms I have been talking with. The mild conditions have made it a little easier on the elk and they are not out in the easy spots as much.

d6dan
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Maybe get a hold of bridger, it think he's around Charlie lake just north of ft st john. He seems like a nice chap. I heard that theres not much snow up there this year so the elk aren't going to the farmers haystacks, kinda staying in the timber. Good luck to ya...

tinhorse
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
My uncle was there a month ago and none of the private land holders were any help. Either they wern't answering their phones or they said there were no elk around. I do know that some areas like the Pine/Peace River junction is a great wintering area and there are always elk there. You access it from Chetwynd area. I can't think of the road names right now... sorry.

srupp
02-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you........ lol last fall no salmon at all well we did see 3 carcasses..and now no snow no cold and no elk..so much for shooting fish in a barrrel...

should be fun anyway..I will E-MAIL ELKDOM..

cheers

Steven

mark
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
My uncle was there a month ago and none of the private land holders were any help. Either they wern't answering their phones or they said there were no elk around. I do know that some areas like the Pine/Peace River junction is a great wintering area and there are always elk there. You access it from Chetwynd area. I can't think of the road names right now... sorry.

The road your thinking of is the jackfish lake rd. then ya got to turn on the monias lakes rd. into the del-rio and find your way through the maze of gas company roads to the back-end near the rivers junction. Summering grounds for sure, might be worth a try given the lack of snow???

jml11
02-18-2009, 03:37 PM
One of my bosses was just up in Hudson's Hope Sun-mon and said the elk were in the fields, in herds of 20-30, but they cound't get permission on these properties! He finally found some properties that let hunters on but they had to wait for other hunters to finish their hunts. He is going back this weekend with high hopes of being successful.

elkdom
02-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Thank you........ lol last fall no salmon at all well we did see 3 carcasses..and now no snow no cold and no elk..so much for shooting fish in a barrrel...

should be fun anyway..I will E-MAIL ELKDOM..

cheers

Steven

HEY! its elkdom(dum) not elk-mart you know!:lol:

jackpine
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
steve,pm me and i'll gave you some info.