PDA

View Full Version : Deer bag limits?

Icedog
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Just need a confirmation of the way I read the regs regarding deer bag limits. I collected a buck mulie in 7(A)-10 early in the season, and have an LEH for a mule doe in 5-13 (starting today actually...so why am I at home on the computer?). The way I understand regs, I should be able to carry 2 more mule deer tags, allowing me to take my LEH doe and another buck in 5-13 (appropriate to regular open seasons), as well as a white tail tag in case I come across a white tail buck.

Anyone agree or disagree with my interpretation?

I do have a call into the local CO's office, but expect they are busy with bigger issues.

mark
11-01-2005, 10:31 AM
thats true but only a max of 3 deer in total.

todbartell
11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
yes, 3 deer total

Thunderstix
11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Mark is correct: 3 Max unless on the Charlottes of course.

shortroot
11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
As Mark said, you could shoot 2 more mulies (buck and doe), or a mulie (buck or doe) and a whitey (buck) in region 5-13.

I've got 3 mulie tags and a whitey tag. One mulie filled in region 7, I also have a doe draw in 5-14. I will probably fill both my mulie tags next weekend, if I'm lucky.

You can hold up to six tags, 3 mulie and 3 whitey, but may only take 3 deer province wide, and must follow regional bag limits. This does not include QCI deer. This is in the regs under licences or bag limits, don't have them in front of me, but it's in the first section of the regs.

Icedog
11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the responses...it's as I figured, but just wasn't positive. Most of my big game chasing over the years has been moose hunting, so the ideas of multiple tags and varying regional bag limits are new territory for me.