PDA

View Full Version : Hunting with bionic hip?

timberline
02-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I am 4weeks post op with a new hip. Have been a mountain hunter all my life,too many heavy loads down steep slopes. Interested to hear from other hipsters how they make out after getting a new one.

f350ps
02-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm also 4 wks post replacement. Sure nice not being in constant pain. I'm sure this hunting season will be way better than the last few as I found that I wasn't hunting the way I used to due to pain. Good Luck!! Kelly

open-sights
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
. Sure nice not being in constant pain.
I can relate, recently let the g/f go! Pain free but it won't last long for me, lol. GL u2

f350ps
02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Different kind of pain, that ones a pain in the A%#. K

Big Lew
02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I broke my hip 9 years ago and was very lucky that I wasn't a smoker, and that I was in great shape from running, cycling, and hiking, because the surgeon decided to take a chance and pin and bolt me back together. Even at that, there was a high risk the bone wouldn't have enough blood flow to keep alive. Everything worked out great, and I was able to bicycle down the Alaskan highway 14 months later. After 2 years, I had all the metal taken out. The only problem is the scar tissue. If I don't keep quite active, the area where I was cut open etc. hurts and aches, and sometimes gives me trouble when climbing up stairs or steep hills. So, I'm offering this story as advice to keep active, or, like a un-oiled piece of machinery, you'll seize up.

bridger
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
one of my sheep hunting partners had both knees replaced and did really well. hope the hip works for you