PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Sighting Princeton Area

Camp Cook
02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
A little while ago my buddy and his friend were driving into Princeton from the Manning Park side when they saw what they first thought to be 2 dogs chasing a doe across a field.

The deer made it to a fence jumped it easily one of the dogs that they now thought were coyotes continued to chase her going under the fence and the other one cut across the field.

They had now pulled over and parked to watch the show but they are a couple of older guys and he tells me their eyes just aren't what they used to be...

The deer raced around the far side of the fence then jumps back over it and races across the field where the other coyote cuts it off the deer came to a stop and does a couple of false charges at the coyotes that are now both right in front of her.

They pounced and dragged her down killing her quickly.

After the coyotes fed for a while one stood up and it was only then that my buddy and his friend realized how big it was and that they had been watching two wolves. :eek:

They were amazed that they had seen the show but even more amazed that there were wolves in the area.

These guys are old prospectors that have spent their lives prospecting/hunting this area and they had never seen a wolf here before.

Here is the thing these wolves were so close to Princeton that they were in the 3 mile no hunting area as your coming into town.

They reported to the CO in town what they had seen and found out that there are a lot of wolves in the area now.

Ooooops hadn't checked the reg's out yet...

mark
02-16-2009, 08:59 AM
I figure the wolves are in town cuz thats where all the deer are in princeton! Im all for you cleaning them out, but keep in mind theres not an open season yet so dont post about it on internet forums!

Steeleco
02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
I'd seen two wolves in the park about 10 years back. Mid November, one gray one on the way in the park and a BIG black one on the way out later the same day. We too were surprised but later found out there's more than most folk think. Even saw a young grizz walking the road to Lightning lakes.

I suppose nobody told the "wild animals" that it's a park, LOL.

30-06
02-16-2009, 09:37 AM
seen one running across the lake yesterday in tulameen. 20 min outta princeton

Steeleco
02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh I hope they open them up in Reg 8. My new to me 25-06 is itching!!!

Iron Glove
02-16-2009, 12:04 PM
We've seen the odd wolf going through Manning and last year saw one on Lawless Road a couple of km outside of Tulameen.
In the winter we have found what we believe to be wolf kills in the trees off the KVR around Otter Lake.

huntinnewbie
04-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Hubby and I were driving through Manning in Feb. Just past the lodge, heading East, we saw a young doe standing on the top of the plowed snowbank. \she was surrounded by ravens waiting for her to die I guess. The doe was bloodied on her hind legs and her throat area but clean everywhere else. I think she was a victim of wolves and somehow ggot close enought to the hgihway that perhaps the vehicles scared the wolves away. Sure didn't look like she had been hit as all four legs were fine as well as her torso.

ruger#1
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I also seen a wolf in manning a few years ago, In the 1980 s there were two wolves killed in dewdny area, Farmer was protcting his crops.

DBM
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I also saw a pair of wolves on Lawless Creek FSR a couple of years ago. I bumped into a CO the same day and he said he hasn't even heard of wolves being in the area.

Phreddy
04-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Shoot. Shovel. Shutup.
Just ask folks on the island what the results of wolves moving into a territory are.