PDA

View Full Version : Trap line near Hope?

Mtn Wonderer
02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I just got back from snowmobliing with the my boys 8-10 up near Hope, As we were riding we came upon a place that had been trampled by predators so I stopped to see what was up.There was hair everywhere, what I found was a small culvert that had a big #4 conibear trap and in the trap was a face of a Bobcat the rest of him was gone!! The Coyote's must have had him for breakfast. It looked like a good clean kill set, the trapper will be pissed that missed out on a nice hide.
I wonder when he last checked his trapline?? Looked like the last sled tracks weren't too old. If you read this you may wan't get back out there and reset maybe you'll catch the little buggers that did an number on your Bobcat.:roll:
Some times that the way goes though.

MW

Pete
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
That is one of the problems that we have using killing sets. Unfortunately anything on the ground can become Coyote food. Though we are allowed 72 hour trap check on foot hold and up to 14 days for a killing trap on our traplines most often trappers are checking their sets every 2-3 days. That trapper will not be happy as this is the last day for Bobcat and Lynx for most of the province including Regions 2,3,4,5,8 with an exception for a small section of Region 4-1