PDA

View Full Version : piss off

CBC
10-30-2005, 05:58 PM
I am just pissed off at who ever is killing all these bull moose. A total of four mature bull moose have now been found illegally shot and left on the Westside within a 35-kilometre area this gives all hunters a bad rep. No meat was taken from either animal, and they were large bulls, with an antler spread of at least 76 centimetres , these people have hurt the herd on the westside for no reason

bsa30-06
10-30-2005, 06:00 PM
CBC i agree with you this kind of crap makes all hunters look bad.

todbartell
10-30-2005, 06:11 PM
they're not hunters, they're poachers, but it reflects bad on law abiding sportsmen

a real shame

Ltbullken
10-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes indeed. A cow/calf was left for rot this week SW of Kamloops. Whoever shot them did not have a knife so used a chainsaw to gut them out and begin quartering! The culprit eventually left them there as he was either scared off or realized he was not able to get them out without being conspicuous. He was probably covered head-to-toe with gut schmeg and blood. I hope his vehicle cab is forever fouled with rotting gut smell! B*****d!!! :evil:

boxhitch
10-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Poachers usually make an attempt to take something off of the animal, unless the 'fear factor' gets to be too much for them. Personally, I think that some dead animals are the result of some new gun owner who just had to see how effective the new toy is, in real life. One carcass found locally was riddled with FMJ 5.56 , suggesting a SKS type shooter.

rrfred
10-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Reports of this hit the front page of the local paper this week. stuff burns my butt too. I hunt that area once in a while; now it represents a huge loss of resources to the area... real hunters dont pull that crap, my votes are for: idiots; poachers who were scared off, or antis who want to shine the light on something else. If I see any of that stuff in the bush I will call the CO's.

mark
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
:mad: ive been in the bush for a few days and heard nothin of this. when was it in the paper? are the co's on it? where on the westside thats my backyard

rrfred
10-31-2005, 01:22 PM
hey mark, capital news mid week or so, it's my backyard too.....later, rrfred

hoochie
10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
A co-worker of mine told me that he saw a certain group of people shooting at whatever moved... he said they had the genintals of one animal and would transport those genitals to the kill site of another animal ( different sex). He also said that these guys had a head that they took with them too. I was stunned to hear this.
It was happening in Sept, so not sure if this is related at all.. but seems like the same practices being used.

beeker
10-31-2005, 04:19 PM
it was on or around stuart main and esperon main that they found 4 of em.

ratherbefishin
10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
agreed-and the only good news is these people generally can't keep their mouth shut-so someone somewhere will hear about it-and a good way to hear something is to post an award-these guys are so unprincipled they will turn their friends in for a case of beer.Put up $1000, let it be known that you have some leads and you'll have them crawling over each other to grab the reward

Elkhound
10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I just hope they get nailed at some point. Problem is the punishment is never enough

Fred
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Shoot Beeker, I know that area some from the late 80's. There weren't that many Moose back then that the population could afford those kind of dirty tricks! :mad: Fred

ratherbefishin
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
the problem is of course, that the biologists have to count illegal kills in their calculation of an acceptable harvest rate-and that diminishes the animals available under LEH for all the rest of us