PDA

View Full Version : region 3 freezer buck...

3kills
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
well went out yesterday mornin with a buddy of mine to a nice lil mulie hole he knew about to see if i could find a nice lil buck before the season ended..first thing in the mornin we were seein does every where it was great i had a good feeling about it...after about the 20th doe we finally seen a lil buck so i got out got my rest and waited for a shot...

i couldnt see wich one was the buck right away so i watched them and he was sniffin around the does tryin to get some lovins but she didnt want nothing to do with him..so i looked made sure i seen bone..yup nice lil two poiint so i took my shot and missed :( i dont know what happend i have no excuses for it..so he is starting to run so i lead him a bit and just as i squeezed one of the ******* stopped dead in his tracks and i shot right in front of him...then the does that were with him bunched up with him and i didnt have a nother shot and i couldnt tell which one was the buck so i just watched as the all ran up over a hill 400 or 500 yards away...the rest of the day all we seen was a few ditch chickens a few more does...

so my buddy said if ur not doing anything tonight we will go back out...hell ya i said!! so he picks me in the evening and we fly out to the spot as he was late getting to my house we were in the shooting area and seeing deer within about 5 minutes of pullin off the highway...seen a group of about 10 does go up the road a bit more see 4 more does...

keep on up the road now we are about 15 minutes into the hunt and only have about 20 minutes of legal shooting light left and my says theres a deer right here and its a buck so i get out of the truck and see a nice lookin lil buck standing on a hill in the sky line like 50 yards from us so i got out fumble with my bullets as i tried to load up the 300 finally get one in aimed and shot....

i could tell it was a decent hit but he ran a bit we went up the road a bit and into the bush and my buddy found him not even 50 feet from where he was hit dead as a door knob....he is a nice lil 2x3 buck that went just over a 100 pounds on the hook will be awesome eating though...

now time for white tails in two weeks in rock creek area :D

ex bc guide
10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Congrats or your deer 3kills,sounds like a interesting day.
Mike

bsa30-06
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
congrats 3kills, i'm going to have to move to an area were i only have to drive 5 minutes to be into animals. Maybe merritt i hear theres lots of deer up there.

todbartell
10-30-2005, 05:06 PM
congrats :grin:

Ltbullken
10-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Congrats! Sometimes they do mock us!

Thunderstix
10-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Good job 3kills! You better talk to Marc about updating your moniker!

rrfred
10-30-2005, 06:09 PM
nice one, I finally popped a buck today- biggest little spikey whitetail i've ever seen ...story to follow cheers rrfred

atri
10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Nice work, 3Kills or is 4kills now. :wink:

todbartell
10-30-2005, 06:33 PM
5kills I think :mrgreen:

Rob
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Way to go buddy, told ya you wouldnt get skunked this year:wink: Give us a call when you get into town on the weekend.(Im off Sat. nite) Congrats!

MB_Boy
10-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Nice work Darcy......congrats!! You got any pics??

3kills
10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
5kills I think :mrgreen:

6kills now if u dont count yotes :D
4 deer
1 bear
1 moose

thanx guys on the congrats i do have a pic of his head but thats it i didnt have a camera with me and it was gettin to dark to take a pic with my camera phone...i will post the pic i got when i can get it set up to load...

3kills
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
here is a the only pic i have of him...my buddy has on on his camera but i have to wait for it to get developled...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/3killslookin4more/05muley.jpg