PDA

View Full Version : BC hunting licenece

de Raaf
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
ok guys, im sure this has been brought up before but i have been hearing two sides to this and i'd like get an answer. if i am planning on just bow hunting do i need to get my PAL as well as my hunting licence or is that superfluous. i have neard that there is some sneaky bit of language in the terms of the hunting licence saying that you are allowed to hunt with firearms even if you dont own them which means you need your PAL.

thanks

BiG Boar
02-11-2009, 02:57 PM
You dont need a PAL for a bow. So just get your CORE done and your good to go. However, most instructors teach both so why not tack it on for $25 to challenge the test. Its easy if you read the book once or twice.

Ron.C
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
ok guys, im sure this has been brought up before but i have been hearing two sides to this and i'd like get an answer. if i am planning on just bow hunting do i need to get my PAL as well as my hunting licence or is that superfluous. i have neard that there is some sneaky bit of language in the terms of the hunting licence saying that you are allowed to hunt with firearms even if you dont own them which means you need your PAL.

thanks

No, You currently do not need a PAL to purchase or use a bow for hunting.

The second part of your question,
Yes, You can hunt with a borrowed firearm that is not yours but you are required to have a valid PAL and the firearms registration certificate in order to take possession of that firearm. The borrowed firearm must be a non-restricted firearm.

kyleklassen
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
i think you can use a firearm without pal. but must be under direct supervision of pal holder. like my kids.

Bow Walker
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes you can bowhunt without a P.A.L.

You do need a hunting license and a species tag, though. For the license and/or tags you do need a Hunter Number - given to you after successful completion of the C.O.R.E. program. You cannot get a hunting license without a Hunter Number....nor can you purchase ammunition without said number.

Bowzone_Mikey
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
...... You cannot get a hunting license without a Hunter Number....nor can you purchase ammunition without said number.

WTF did he say ;-);-);)

Dan .. you are losing it ...

the first part is correct ... but
you dont need a Hunters number to purchase ammo (ie: factory made bullets) ... you need a PAL or POL

Bow Walker
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Yer right Mike - what can a guy say except "Blonde Moment", or "Short naps are wonderful, ain't they?"