PDA

View Full Version : Feb 11 spring goose hunt

Marc
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Had a great hunt with Duck Buster this morning. Not many birds flying but we did manage to drop a bird each. Oh and my shooting average was 100% today. :mrgreen:

Great company this morning spent with Duck Buster and his side kick Bill.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Marshall_Bill.jpg

Duck Buster
02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks again to Marc, and Marshall for a great morning. Next time hopefully there will be a few more birds and one less cell phone :smile: Have fun on the 21'st.

Sasquatch
02-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice pic guys. Looks like you had a fun hunt.

Everytime I see a pic of that chessie, I can't believe how much bigger he is than the last pic. He better stop growing soon or you'll need a bigger boat.

Marc
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks again to Marc, and Marshall for a great morning. Next time hopefully there will be a few more birds and one less cell phone :smile: Have fun on the 21'st.

I guess I forgot to mention that someone from work decided to call me on my cell as we had 5 geese directly over head circling the decoys:frown:.

Nice pic guys. Looks like you had a fun hunt.

Everytime I see a pic of that chessie, I can't believe how much bigger he is than the last pic. He better stop growing soon or you'll need a bigger boat.

I've noticed this as well. He does have a bit more weight on then earlier this fall as he's not getting the workout he previously was during the open duck / goose season. He could to lose 2-5 lbs and it wouldn't hurt him any. Now that the days are starting to get longer I'll have to try and get him out for more exercise/training to tone him down.

Sasquatch
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Mine has gained a few pounds over the winter also. I think he was a couple lbs under during grouse season and a couple over now. He still gets lots of exercise, but not like during the season.

I have him on a high calorie food, so it's easy to give him a little more than necessary.

Marc
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
I have him on a high calorie food, so it's easy to give him a little more than necessary.

Marshall is on a raw diet and during the peak of hunting / training he was getting 4 lbs a day. I've cut him back to about 3 lbs two months ago but I may have to cut that back some more until I can increase his exercise back to where it was. Maybe this is a sign that his growth is finally topping off.:lol:.

I was laying down in the grass today while we were waiting for the geese to cooperate and a couple of times Mr Marshall got the urge to play and decided to give me a face wash and tried to pin me down to the ground. Well it pretty much took everything I had to try and get him off of me, man that boy is getting strong.