PDA

View Full Version : 3yr Old Basset Hound

SteadyGirl
02-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I found this dog about a month ago on my way home from trail riding.. an add on the radio and at the spca did the trick. Owners called and don't want the dog anymore:cry:

His name is Moose. They bought him from a breeder in Vancouver and paid $1000 for him. He has also had obedience training.

He needs a mostly at home somebody with lots of room. He loves children and other dogs and cats. I just had him microchiped and vetted so he has papers to cross the border.

His cons are that he LOVES TO DRINK WATER and thus needs to either go outside alot or be outside all day.

A friend of mine took him but with the recent layoffs he is working 14-15hr shifts and going in on days off to catch up on paperwork (He is RCMP, some of the recent layoffs haven't been making good use of thier time!)

If you are interested he is of course free to a good home. I suggest you research basset hounds on the internet first if you aren't already familiar! They are not the lazy hounds disney makes them out to be.

If you are still interested then you can pm me. Pics are on my facebook

Spokerider
02-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Sounds like he'd make a great campanion for someone. All of the basset's I've seen have had a very gentle disposition.

Has the vet checked him for diabetes? Excessive drinking of H20 is a hallmark sign...........

huntergirl270
02-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I was going to mention the same thing about the water drinking. That is almost a sure sign of a blood/glucose level issue in a dog.

betteroffishing
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
pm sent. dave

SteadyGirl
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
He was not checked for diabetes... He is the most handsome, healthy bassets I have ever seen. Even the vet said that. I will provide his vet check info and microchip stuff as welll. He drinks alot, eats alot, craps alot, sleeps alot and loooves long walks with his knose on the ground.

I have pictures I can email out now.

I can have him delivered anywhere between here and Chilliwack along the #3 on Saturday the 14th!!!

Pleassseee someone take him -

betteroffishing
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
i have tried to look you up on facebook but you have no idea how many people share your name , maybe post some pics of moose on the gallery??? my wife is on board , just want to see that the dog is indeed a dog with 4 legs and healthy looking genes . as well we wonder if hes been neutered ?? thanks dave

SteadyGirl
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I just sent you an email:smile: He has been neutered. Hes a squishy darlin.. I will miss him:frown:

SteadyGirl
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Moose has found a home, thanks everyone:)

BigBanger
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Did Dave (betteroffishing) take him ?

SteadyGirl
02-16-2009, 06:39 AM
No, I was able to find a good home for Moose 1000km closer and I can visit him once in a while:lol:

betteroffishing
02-16-2009, 07:43 AM
no hard feelings just happy all is well and moose has a good home. dave

humble hunter
02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I can understand why the owners did not want him anymore, I have one and I have that same sentiment from time to time. Especially after he takes an elk steak off of the counter.:smile: