PDA

View Full Version : New Sight Help

Ciskman
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Time to update me crappy sight I bought years ago when I first bought my bow. I mostly tree stand hunt and take no more than 30yard shots. The fiber optic in my current sight is absolute crap. Budget is about 100 dollars. Suggestions?

Ron.C
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I shoot a Trophy Ridge. Alot of guys say they don't like the verticle pin set up, but it works well for me.

Regardless of what type of sight you get, check EBAY out. I have bought/sold alot of archery gear on there including two sights. You can get some real good deals and it certainly isn't hard to come across a good hunting sight for well under $100.

Ambush
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
PM sent . Three sights for sale.

Bow Walker
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
:idea:Head on in to see Rick at Peter's Sports (?) in Courtenay. :!:Get some new fiber optic thread - just a few $ cost) and replace the old brittle opaque thread(s) with the new bright shiny stuff.:grin:

Then send me the rest of the hundy......:rolleyes: :wink:

Bowzone_Mikey
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
that there is some sound advice ... If your current sight is good ...just poor fiber optics ... just replace the optics ... you can expect about 2 bucks a foot on the high side ... rthat way you can expiriment with colors that work the best for you ....

I personally find Red or Ice blue are the best for me
Green and yellow just blend for me

Ciskman
02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, Im thinking IM going to buy one of AMbushes. Thanks!